Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

How so? By not accepting unders for Barrass and not overpaying for Baker?

Love how Richmond supporters are happy with a contracted Bolton staying with them but West Coast are butchering the trade period if Barrass stays

Would prefer a key back in the leadership team holding down the fort in a young team rather than a front running mid/fwd

So if Hawthorn fail to pay overs for Barrass you reckon he happily goes in the leadership team and puts in extra effort for a team which screwed him out of a promised salary bump ?

But also, if WCE fail to pay what Richmond are asking for Baker that is also someone else's issue?

There is a common factor here. Care to guess?

So if Hawthorn fail to pay overs for Barrass you reckon he happily goes in the leadership team and puts in extra effort for a team which screwed him out of a promised salary bump ?

But also, if WCE fail to pay what Richmond are asking for Baker that is also someone else's issue?

There is a common factor here. Care to guess?
If a player turns his back on his teammates over a failed trade request, they wouldnt have been as successful as Barrass has been in his career. I think he has a bit more maturity then that

Not the same as Baker in any way. Baker said he is happy to go to Fremantle or West Coast. This is why Fremantle have put in a trade offer to Richmond for Baker.... If Eagles had say Sydmey Swans still interested and they were making offers then thats the same situation

Richmond want the 1st rd pick WC get for Barrass. It doesn't help the WC rebuild swapping out Barrass for Baker. If WC get both Carlton future picks from Hawthorn for Barrass, would Richmond accept the Carlton F1 for Baker plus Richmond's pick around 25?
So let me get this straight, the general talk is a pick in the teens for baker in this years strong draft. Your proposed “deal” is carlton future(possibly pick14-18) in a weaker draft PLUS our pick 25 in this years stronger draft.
Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, the general talk is a pick in the teens for baker in this years strong draft. Your proposed “deal” is carlton future(possibly pick14-18) in a weaker draft PLUS our pick 25 in this years stronger draft.
Did I miss anything?
The deal he gave atleast shows that some Eagles rate Hawks F1 to be higher than Blues. That clue was helpful.

PS : they are never getting 2 first unless pick 26 and F2,F3 swaps are being done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back