Lindsay Thomas in demand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, I am hearing this draft is ok.

I suppose you can only go on what you read around the place....most so called experts suggest the quality wont run as deep as in past years.........thats what worries me about getting a second rounder for an LT trade.......doesnt make much sense to do it........

Geez all this trading him talk is nuts. Sure he's been disappointing this year, but he was the third forward for most of the year, so he was copping some reasonable defenders, with guys like Warren and Campbell not up there, whereas in previous years he was 5th forward behind campbo and shagga, and naturally found it hard to deal with the extra attention.

I reckon he would've learnt a lot this year from that. Also, him being dropped later in the year should have told him he needed to work on a few things, so he should come back better for the experience.
If LT and campbo can get back to there roving best, we could have 60 goals between them. I think they're crucial up forward.
And there's going to be pressure to perform with guys like Wright, Cruize and Benny Ross in the mix for the small forward spots, given they might not all get a run in the middle.

I can only see this year as a learning experience for LT. Hopefully, Brad Scott gets the best out of him if they want to keep him. At his best, he's a potential matchwinner with 4 or 5 goals, its all a matter of consistency next year and beyond.

Actually, I am hearing this draft is ok.

Just as I posted from the lips of Kevin Sheahan, it's a decent draft.........only lacking some of the bottom age players who'd usually be on offer (roughly a third of the total players picked up usually). He said there's 40 players as good as any past draft, particularly the top 10 or so.

If 'wiper hears whispers then it's fact btw, for anyone doubting it's validity.

There's no harm in asking but I suspect Scott himself wants to get the Thomas/ Campbell combo back up and running under him. Unless of course there's a great offer I don't see him going anywhere.

I've seen Lindsay Thomas win 2?, or 3? games off his own boot (The Collingwood game in 2007 comes to mind) but find myself unable to warm to him, perhaps it's because the gap between his best and worst is so huge.

Worth considering a trade if we could get a second rounder?

I feel the same as this. Having the ability at all to win the game off your own boot is a great asset... but you get teased in by it and then if there is no consistency you find it's more a negative than a positive. This is Stephen Milne syndrome.

jeez a 21 yr old forward pocket is not a consistent match winner in a team that is lowest in the AFL for inside 50s

that is unacceptable

He's like 21, and the best small forward in the league for his age.

When we have a full forward that actually makes a contest and spills the ball to the ground and we increase our inside 50's by 20-30%, we will see a 40+ goal season from the man.

Absolutely.

My sources tell me East Burwood and North Balwyn are preparing offers.
My sources tell me the Australian Olympic Diving team are favoured at present.

I'd really like to see what effect Scott has on LT's game
I see LT as one of many who have suffered under Laidley's clueless player development
I'm loathe to start moving guys on who have shown match-winning ability based on the sum total of their acheivments to date in an environment which has not produced a single All Australian player.
Sure, LT was a better player in a stronger forwardline(Shagga, Thomo, Flash etc) but I think maturity plus a superior coaching environment will turn him into the matchwinner he all know he can be.
I think there are a lot of guys who fall into this category and a few who just need to get their bodies right. These factors and the incumbent lack of a skill base suited the modern game is what makes North is the sleeping giant of the comp. Scott understands that skill base and his ability to deliver it is what got him the job.
Don't trade LT.

I see LT as one of many who have suffered under Laidley's clueless player development
I'm loathe to start moving guys on who have shown match-winning ability based on the sum total of their acheivments to date in an environment which has not produced a single All Australian player.
Sure, LT was a better player in a stronger forwardline(Shagga, Thomo, Flash etc) but I think maturity plus a superior coaching environment will turn him into the matchwinner he all know he can be.
I think there are a lot of guys who fall into this category and a few who just need to get their bodies right. These factors and the incumbent lack of a skill base suited the modern game is what makes North is the sleeping giant of the comp. Scott understands that skill base and his ability to deliver it is what got him the job.
Don't trade LT.

I like your work. I also think Thomas shows glimpses in the midfield - when he's on he is a one touch sort of player and can put it to advantage. Like others have said though his worst will have to improve dramatically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't trade LT.

Yeah because he obviously suffered greatly especially in his second year when he only kicked 32 goals.

Yeah, just keep flying the flag for Laidley.
Crucified fo the sins of the others, right?
Hmm, there's something familiar about that story.

I will especially when people like you are still speaking shit about him.

You are clueless and continue to prove it. By the way are you the same Kenny that thought Brad Scott was a shit appointment?

Aria is once again the brains trust.

He's 21, we averaged the lowest inside 50's of any team, we had a pathetic full forward for most of the year who didn't break a back and spill the ball, and to top it off we bombed it long to LT.

I also agree with DR.

It's not Laidley's fault, Thomas has done some very good things for his age, and had our forwardline been like '08, he probably would've kicked over 35 goals. Laidley hasn't affected LT or Campbell, he probably put more time into them than some other players on our list.

I will especially when people like you are still speaking shit about him.

You are clueless and continue to prove it. By the way are you the same Kenny that thought Brad Scott was a shit appointment?

You continue to badmouth people for their opinions.
I've never said a single word against Scott.
If you want to insinuate that I have, then back it up and show me the post!
While your at it show me a post that proves I'm clueless.
The onus of proof falls upon the party making the accusation.
I'm not going slander you by saying your clueless but I'd love to see a post that proves you have a clue.
Good luck with that one:D

I'm not going slander you by saying your clueless but I'd love to see a post that proves you have a clue.
5 stars :thumbsu:

I didn't say you did. I simply asked you a question if you did. Can you see the difference?

You want proof that proves you are clueless. How about you read your first post in this thread.

Why haven't you given any proof as to how Laidley stuffed up Thomas' development? You got anything to back you up other than just a blatant dislike of Laidley.

CAn we have a seperate thread where Kenny and Darwin can battle it out?

I'm trying to read about Lindsay Thomas and all I am getting is bitch fighting!

Nah. It would be a small thread. What we need is a thread where Laidley haters can post and still live in their own alternate revisionist universe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lindsay Thomas in demand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back