Lindsay Thomas in demand?

Remove this Banner Ad

CAn we have a seperate thread where Kenny and Darwin can battle it out?

I'm trying to read about Lindsay Thomas and all I am getting is bitch fighting!

Roosurgence, My apologies. I was just trying say that I think LT shouldn't be judged on his pss-poor 2009 season and that a new coaching regime should see a massive lift in his output. I didn't want the thread to become Dean Laidley debate. I just got riled by Darwinroo's unprovoked personal attack and forgot where I was. I'm sorry.
I'll withdraw after this post.

Darwinroo,
Don't insult my intelligence by trying to pretend your "question" wasn't an insinuation. I expressed an opinion(which wasn't a personal attack on Dean Laidley as you seem to think) and got labeled "clueless" for it.
This kind of ridiculous and childish mudslinging doesn't belong here.
I believe that North Melbourne people should treat each other with respect even if our opinions differ. Especially if our opinions differ.
I find your approach cowardly and un-Northlike. You believe me to be clueless. Let's leave it there.
BTW, you and I aren't friends and if you send me one more PM, I'll be complaining to the mods about harrassment.

Roosurgence, My apologies. I was just trying say that I think LT shouldn't be judged on his pss-poor 2009 season and that a new coaching regime should see a massive lift in his output. I didn't want the thread to become Dean Laidley debate. I just got riled by Darwinroo's unprovoked personal attack and forgot where I was. I'm sorry.
I'll withdraw after this post.

Darwinroo,
Don't insult my intelligence by trying to pretend your "question" wasn't an insinuation. I expressed an opinion(which wasn't a personal attack on Dean Laidley as you seem to think) and got labeled "clueless" for it.
This kind of ridiculous and childish mudslinging doesn't belong here.
I believe that North Melbourne people should treat each other with respect even if our opinions differ. Especially if our opinions differ.
I find your approach cowardly and un-Northlike. You believe me to be clueless. Let's leave it there.
BTW, you and I aren't friends and if you send me one more PM, I'll be be complaining the mods about harrassment.

I was merely asking the question because I know another Kenny who bagged the appointment of Scott. I was trying to put 2 and 2 together by matching a first name with a bigfooty username.

You are right it wasn't a personal attack on Laidley, it was a professional attack and one which you have provided no basis for.

I think it's cowardly and un-North like to continually make up lies about an ex coach and not back it up with any evidence what so ever.

BTW, I haven't sent you one private message so I don't know what you are talking about.

Settling down with beer and peanuts to watch this one.
23m7tjd.jpg

I was merely asking the question because I know another Kenny who bagged the appointment of Scott. I was trying to put 2 and 2 together by matching a first name with a bigfooty username.

You are right it wasn't a personal attack on Laidley, it was a professional attack and one which you have provided no basis for.

I think it's cowardly and un-North like to continually make up lies about an ex coach and not back it up with any evidence what so ever.

BTW, I haven't sent you one private message so I don't know what you are talking about.

Today 10:52
DarwinRoo

Hurry up. I am waiting for your clueless response......................recd at 10.52am

This "debate" is over.

I meant what I said.

Leave it alone!

I'll be checking.

Today 10:52
DarwinRoo

Hurry up. I am waiting for your clueless response......................recd at 10.52am

This "debate" is over.

I meant what I said.

Leave it alone!

I'll be checking.

It isn't a private message. If you aren't happy with it then delete it.

Just as I posted from the lips of Kevin Sheahan, it's a decent draft.........only lacking some of the bottom age players who'd usually be on offer (roughly a third of the total players picked up usually). He said there's 40 players as good as any past draft, particularly the top 10 or so.

I have heard this on a few occasions too TT. If we can somehow do a deal for harro for a 3rd rounder (along with the assumed pick 25 plus player for gibbo) we could possible get 5 picks in the top 40 - 50 (5, 21, 25, 37, 3rd round). Considering our third pick last year was Anthony @ 43 this would be a great opportunity for the recruiters to really set the club up with some strong young talent.

An interesting few weeks ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Boomer, Adams, Campbell, LT and Cruize we have too many short guys IMO.

If we rate Cruize higher than LT (in that he can play more midfield as well as Forward Pocket) then I think that makes him trade-able. Having two primarily forward pocketers who can only pinch-hit in the midfield (unless Campbell steps up his midfield work) robs the forward line of some versatility in terms of the options we have to rotate midfielders through the forward line.

I'd like a more versatile forward line where guys like Ziebell & Firrito pinch hit at Full Forward or in the pockets, and I think having two virtual permanent FP's works against this. If Cruize is more versatile then to me he moves above LT, and I don't want a 'mighty short people midfield' - finals are won by big bodied midfields able to stand in tackles.

Trade if an early-mid 2nd rounder comes up IMO. Don't trade for a 3rd rounder though, because he IS a quality player. I'm not arguing he isn't a quality AFL player, so don't misread this, what I'm talking about is list management and game plan stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lindsay Thomas in demand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back