Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE - Do Not Engage With Trolls

Welcome to this the time of year when Geelong is knocked out of premiership contention - with our refusal to bottom out, when we get knocked out of finals it brings joy to opposition fans

That means we get increased incidents of trolling, both on our board and via PMs - sometimes from regular accounts and then there's those who decide to create new accounts to act as idiots

IF anyone encounters troll activity - either on this board or via PM, the best course of action is to report the content and then leave it for the mod & admin team to deal with

Do not tag trolls, quote troll posts as that increases the work for posts to be deleted, or post screenshots - anything like that will get deleted

Let's get back on track, discuss the game and even the season at hand for those who wish - though we'll try to get a season autopsy thread up in time

Doubt we'll get any quality mids other than Smith. We definitely need to look for a ruck. I thought Conway looked okay when he played earlier this year, but the bloke is made of glass. Until his body can withstand a season or two, we can't rely on him coming along at all.

If he stays, maybe we should focus on making SDK our starting ruck option. If he moves on, maybe we can use him as capital to get something in the area.
Either do what we did with Mannagh and find the best mid in the VFL/SANFL/WAFL, or go for someone like Carltons Kennedy who wants out, or look at the mids at other clubs like GWS/Sydney/GC who aren't getting gametime.

Theres mids out there that improve our list.

Quiet a few non cats or bris fans at the game.

Older lady pies fan carrying on about how paps etc carrying after kicking a goal.
I don't like it ..be humble.... 😂...too funny.

Heard some ladies say it will easier to get GF tix.

As a non cats fan...it prob was a good game...

I don't really care who wins next week.

View attachment 2117535

====

Nah, I just checked with myself and can reconfirm that it's not hurting as much as 2004, when we seemed doomed to never have anything go our way.

There's a certain type of supporter, though, who seems to secretly enjoy losing because it allows them to rant and fume and enter Terry Wallace "spew up" mode.

We came from 12th, making things up as we went along, with a lot of players still finding their way at the level and gave it good shake ... and when it all seemed over, and we were seriously compromised by injury, we kept coming back.
😻 😻 😻

Was there

Bolded
1. Where is Terry Wallace?

2. Bore his SM disagreeing hysteria 😹

Italic
There's a certain type of supporter, though, who seems to secretly enjoy losing because it allows them to rant and fume.

We were resilient, determined + 2007 onwards 2009, 2011 + 2022 😻

Yes! From 1963 + through the drought horror decades, we prevailed 😻

Disappointing loss tonight, may I still be proud?

😻 😻 😻

Was there

Bolded
1. Where is Terry Wallace?

2. Bore his SM disagreeing hysteria 😹

Italic
There's a certain type of supporter, though, who seems to secretly enjoy losing because it allows them to rant and fume.

We were resilient, determined + 2007 onwards 2009, 2011 + 2022 😻

Yes! From 1963 + through the drought horror decades, we prevailed 😻

Disappointing loss tonight, may I still be proud?

Brutal loss tonight .

But we've seen 4 flags ...yes a few more would of been great.or even one more.

Some poor people don't see any in their life time.

They are not beating sydneys midfield with darcy fort vs grundy and sydney having the week off. We have seen all year how brisbane can get opened up defensively. I expect its over by half time.
Which is sad for neutrals.
Yep. They are gonna get flogged.

Which gives me no joy at all as someone who lives in Sydney

Hide.

Avoid The Office GIF

Anyone else at the game recon we were gassed in the last quarter.

I thought there were a couple of moment when we gained good possession at half back and no one really ran to position, really wanting it.

They did look tired. Weird.

I thought the same .

But a few cats players went down in the second half.

Mate I’m 12 pages into this thread and there are comments I agree with and others that are complete rubbish.

What I don’t think is being appreciated is that making it back to a prelim is no guarantee… it’s ****ing hard work. We’ve been super lucky to play in so many. We may not see another for years.. who knows…

We blew a golden opportunity tonight. Pretending otherwise/consoling yourself that bris were the better team is complete and utter BS. We should have won tonight. End of story. May we have lost next week based on injuries/suspensions… maybe. But we should have won this game.

Blow as much smoke up your arse as you want.. this was a missed opportunity.

have we over performed from preseason predictions.. 100% but that doesn’t excuse tonight

I have nothing at hand to back this up, but my quick reflection is that we've played poorly in the wet all year (sans that Brisbane blizzard game). Lots of double touches, dropped marks, losing feet, etc.. when the oppo seemed to cope much better.
Losing one's feet is a killer. It happened a couple of times tonight leading to Brisbane goals. You'd think maintaining your feet in a contest is something that could be taught and learned but some players never get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutted by the loss but have to give credit where it's due to the lions who were the better team in a hell of a contest.

I thought we had the tactical upper hand for most of the game, but some of the basic skills were off. Missed shots, missed marks, fumbles, miscommunication.

When Stengle kicked the ball away to give away an ill-disciplined 50m penalty, I thought something's not quite right, this is going to be one of those nights.

Finals is like that. The pressure finds a way to throw a cruel spotlight on even the smallest of cracks and weaknesses.

At the end of the day it's a missed opportunity, nothing more. But you just never know whether it will be 12 months or 12 years before you get another chance.

When you look at how much change there has been to this team even during the season itself it reminds you that next year may have to have a few steps back before the 2 steps forward. But it's the rise of the likes of Dempsey and Humphries and others that gives me faith that we will be back in the not-too-distant future.

Listening to Scott’s presser, it’s very clear the incident with King yesterday shook the club and his absence tonight was felt.

Also confirmed Holmes ‘did’ have a bit of gastro, and Covid going around the club. 👀

What terrible timing for the gastro that and the hamstring sure cost us a GF.

100 %.
Papley the idiot will be unbearable as will warner. The only irony will be adams missing a flag again.

Brutal loss tonight .

But we've seen 4 flags ...yes a few more would of been great.or even one more.

Some poor people don't see any in their life time.
So true rocker 😻

My earliest Aussie Rules memory. . .you must promise to put it in your vault* please?

*(Because I must keep my image a mystery)

Anyhoo!

Sitting on my darling Dad’s lap, watching Geelong defeat our nemesis by 49 points! Dipping my finger into his Sherry + enjoying his pipe 😻

Then the 44 year drought until 2007 😻

Subsequently, defying AFL equalisation strategy despite former Geelong Chairman, Colin Carter, initiating that strategy!

We are Geelong!
😻

Mate I’m 12 pages into this thread and there are comments I agree with and others that are complete rubbish.

What I don’t think is being appreciated is that making it back to a prelim is no guarantee… it’s ****ing hard work. We’ve been super lucky to play in so many. We may not see another for years.. who knows…

We blew a golden opportunity tonight. Pretending otherwise/consoling yourself that bris were the better team is complete and utter BS. We should have won tonight. End of story. May we have lost next week based on injuries/suspensions… maybe. But we should have won this game.

Blow as much smoke up your arse as you want.. this was a missed opportunity.

have we over performed from preseason predictions.. 100% but that doesn’t excuse tonight
Glad someone else sees it this way away. We absolutely squandered a golden opportunity tonight and gifted the Swoms a flag just like how we ****ed up in 2019 and gave the Tigers an easy kill.

The words are true but when I try to repeat them all I taste is vinegar
Vinegar, while bitter, is an excellent cleanser, it actually rids cats’ pee! With two peeing male cats, I avow it!

If he has signed for 2 years, and we can bring in Smith and another high quality midfielder or two, we are back among it again.
Defense is strong, forwardline will be high scoring again next season, the issue last season that we didn't address and hurt us tonight is lack of depth in midfield.
Guys like Holmes and Bruhn will continue to develop, and maybe we get more out of Bowes, but unless someone like a Clark or Stevens have break out years, or we find another Tim Kelly in the lower leagues, we don't have anyone on our list to break into the midfield and take us further.

If we get Smith in that helps, but thats assuming he bounces back from an ACL. I would hope the clubs current wishlist is 2x mids that immediately are best 22 and maybe a ruck.

But fix that midfield and we finish top 4 again and give ourselves another chance.
The way Ashcroft has bounced back from his ACL gives me a lot of hope that Bailey Smith will be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back