Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think anyone else knew how bad.

And the clock was still ticking. If he had handed over the footy, would have wasted more time.
This is what I think. Clock is on with the ball in his hands and if he stops to try hand it off it loses probably 30 seconds. He had to have a ping.

Was devastating to be at, was behind the goals in the cheersquad when Stanley took that shot. He shouldn’t of taken the kick, he seemed in a lot of pain.

I’d also argue Daniher’s mark was over the goal line as that was right in front of me too, but I haven’t taken time to watch it back yet. So could be wrong.

Excited for next year this team has a lot of potential

Dangerous territory though. You start celebrating losses it gets hard to start qualifying the right losses as being good or bad
I'm not celebrating the loss, I am being pragmatic as to where we are. And that we got to a PF is extraordinary - we can celebrate that.

Should we/could we have won? Sure. But realistically the better team on the day got the choccies.

Dangerous territory though. You start celebrating losses it gets hard to start qualifying the right losses as being good or bad
Of course, but there's levels to it.

Had this game instead been the 2022 preliminary final, then this place would be a mad house, and rightfully so.

I'm a pretty optimistic poster on most occasions, but even I would've lost my shit if that had happened.

It's a very different scenario watching a team that was primed to win with all the expectation fail in the penultimate moment, than it is watching a team that is both before their time, and after their time simultaneously not quite get there.

It's a disappointing result, but we can celebrate the ground that has been made this year while still feeling dissatisfied after last night.

At the end of the day, if you don't win the flag, your season is going to end with disappointment. It's the reality for 17 clubs every year.

This is what I think. Clock is on with the ball in his hands and if he stops to try hand it off it loses probably 30 seconds. He had to have a ping.
I immediately thought of Stevie J
I cant remember what year it was.

Put the ball on the ground and the clock immediately stops. Hold it in your hands and it keeps going. Dem the rules..... somehow.

Much tougher draw. Lots of good teams will be there and about- Saints, Freo, GC, GWS, Hawks, Swans, Port, Blues, Pies, Lions. WE WILL NOT START 7-0 TO GIVE US THAT BUFFER ALL SEASON.
If your a top 2 team the draw doesnt matter. Plus other teams form jump around from year to year. Dont know for certain we get a tough draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I immediately thought of Stevie J
I cant remember what year it was.

Put the ball on the ground and the clock immediately stops. Hold it in your hands and it keeps going. Dem the rules..... somehow.
I remember SJ sucking them in for a 50.
Was Gold.

Was invisible till the last 40 minutes, then he did a few good things.

Also, what kind of masochist are you? That's like the French watching WW2 movies.

Haha. Every neutral is saying how good a final it was so I wanted to re-watch it as being at the ground it just looked like we were sloppy AF and didn't take our chances.

The narrative all year is Scott is the best coach in the business and Fagan was a tactical hack and it would be embarrassing….. well…… what now geniuses ?
I can understand letting them have the bait of the hit up in the middle, but if your off your game 10 percent you don’t get those mid/ forward half turnovers and the team or the coach look silly

Haha. Every neutral is saying how good a final it was so I wanted to re-watch it as being at the ground it just looked like we were sloppy AF and didn't take our chances.

Guessing the reason most neutrals thought it was a good game was because of who won. I bet they wouldn't be saying it if Geelong got up at the end.

Fair enough. Yes, we left a few on the table, but at the end of the day, the Lions were able to take Route 1 through the middle too often and we weren't.

Also that in the last fifteen minutes, even when we had the balance of play, they took some crucial, excellent contested marks through the middle.

Is it the one I was thinking of?
Would have been a left foot snap.

He put the ball on the ground and paced out the five metres to show the ump where they should have been.

Then went and got the ball and they over stepped the line.
It was genius.
Like when ordered a coffee .
Gave the name Norm.
They call out Norm.
He gets his coffee..😂

Much tougher draw. Lots of good teams will be there and about- Saints, Freo, GC, GWS, Hawks, Swans, Port, Blues, Pies, Lions. WE WILL NOT START 7-0 TO GIVE US THAT BUFFER ALL SEASON.

Did you think we'd start 7-0 at the start of this season?

The supporters you were sitting with are wrong. Hawkins is/was done. Kicked one goal in a vfl game. A vfl game! Could not contest at all anymore.

Plus i thought neale was quite solid. Was playing on the best full back in the game. Took some marks on the half foward line. Was very unlucky to not be given some big pack marks/frees 15 metres out from goal.

I feel like those calling for Hawkins to replace Neale also haven't been paying attention to how we've been structuring up since Hawkins injury, and are actually utilising Cameron, Henry & Neale

Cameron has spent a lot more time playing as our key FF target in Hawkins absence, with Henry also playing deeper, while Neale is often pushing further up the ground - bringing Hawkins in would change that structure, as Tom really isn't one who's going to be following up beyond the forward 50

Sometimes for players, especially forwards, they just need that little something to kick start their match and then everything flows - for Neale he looked to have the perfect chance in the second quarter for a set shot straight in front from like 30m, but instead Stengle stupidly jumped for a mark he was never a chance of taking & unnecessarily gave away a free kick

When we've got a tall forward competing for the mark, I'd rather see our smalls stay down ready to crumb the pack - something we don't see often enough from them

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back