Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sure. I have zero confidence conway wont be dawson simpson and if he is sdk will have to be the ruck and im not sure hes durable enough.
I like knevitt but im not sure him clark and clohesy will dominate afl from the get go.
Smith will be good but he wont fix everything.
I also think blitz will decline further and it will put more pressure in our tall stocks.
I do agree that mannagh and humphries etc will be better next year but im not sure its enough to cover the other structural issues. But time will tell.
But its not just mannagh, humphries from our smaller players who can improve. Its them plus holmes, dempsey, maybe bruhn/clark, maybe cam guthrie, maybe traded in gun mid, miers may have more improvement in him. All these options can be improvements on our midfield/small players next year. Danger is the only decline without new injuries. And thats no certainty either.

Sdk didnt play finals. Even if blicavs is out of the team i still think sdk in the team to replace his role is an improvement. Its actually likely an addition. Not a loss.

I share the injury concerns on conway. But given he didnt play finals if he is fit and continues to build his upper body strength he could be a big improvement on stanley.

But its not just mannagh, humphries from our smaller players who can improve. Its them plus holmes, dempsey, maybe bruhn/clark, maybe cam guthrie, maybe traded in gun mid, miers may have more improvement in him. All these options can be improvements on our midfield/small players next year. Danger is the only decline without new injuries. And thats no certainty either.

I think we'll see Blitz fall back a bit too, and Duncan have very limited game time.

There should be some improvement in the kids, as you said, but I'm hoping to see even more improvement in the 'connection' between them with another pre-season and more time together.

I think we'll see Blitz fall back a bit too, and Duncan have very limited game time.

There should be some improvement in the kids, as you said, but I'm hoping to see even more improvement in the 'connection' between them with another pre-season and more time together.
Blitz might be ok .
If he plays back more often .
If in mids more running more likely to run out of juice.
Backs less running ..
Maybe.

Geez watching the last quarter still so many mistakes. Henry out on the full, Cameron a pretty easy miss when he had more time, Danger ruck nomination & dropped mark, Duncan handball turnover in the centre, Duncan should have given the hands to Cameron instead of getting caught HTB 15 metres out. Argh.

Stewie was a bit patchy at times but he setup a lot of goals also. And Lawson even more impressive late on replay.

Geez watching the last quarter still so many mistakes. Henry out on the full, Cameron a pretty easy miss when he had more time, Danger ruck nomination & dropped mark, Duncan handball turnover in the centre, Duncan should have given the hands to Cameron instead of getting caught HTB 15 metres out. Argh.

Stewie was a bit patchy at times but he setup a lot of goals also. And Lawson even more impressive late on replay.

Yep, it was the weight of cumulative mistakes, a lack of composure, and an inability to keep our feet that cost us the game.

The result can't be blamed on any one player or moment.

We couldn't maintain possession, and were simply too inefficient with our ball use.

Should Stanley have just sat back down injured with his leg at the end? Someone else could have taken the kick while he walked off injured.

I expect blicavs to be playing vfl by the end of next year unless our ruck falls to pieces. Just like hawkins this year.

If I have to watch footy to barrack against teams I'll give it away..

But then again some people lead very miserable lives

It's hard to believe how simple minded our little troll is.

Its climbed out from under the ruins of its club and found its way here. Poor little blighter is lost.

He looked tired through the year to me.
Footy is taking its toll, and he ain't getting any younger.
Interesting to see if he gets some injury looked at in the off season.
He certainly appeared to be hampered in some way throughout. Notwithstanding incremental damage of footy I would expect his fitness levels and body type might allow him a few more seasons.
Coaches obviously love the versatility he brings.

Was devastating to be at, was behind the goals in the cheersquad when Stanley took that shot. He shouldn’t of taken the kick, he seemed in a lot of pain.

I’d also argue Daniher’s mark was over the goal line as that was right in front of me too, but I haven’t taken time to watch it back yet. So could be wrong.

Excited for next year this team has a lot of potential
They showed the Daniher ‘mark’ in replay and the commentary team (and my eyes) thought it was a goal. I’m wondering why there has been nothing further said of it. At the very least there should be a please explain and a goal umpire dropped for not asking for a review.

Interesting to see if he gets some injury looked at in the off season.
He certainly appeared to be hampered in some way throughout. Notwithstanding incremental damage of footy I would expect his fitness levels and body type might allow him a few more seasons.
Coaches obviously love the versatility he brings.

Oh, no doubt - he's been a game changer and an awesome player for Geelong!

He's obviously been fitter than the average, but he's run more than the average too......and been thrown through the ruck regularly.

There's a fair bit of wear and tear on him, and it's just a matter of how much longer he can withstand it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know early on that Hodge in special comments said he was surprised that Geelong were going with a zone instead of man-on-man, which most teams would have done. I wonder if, strategically, that style of defence is more taxing (mentally as well as physically); I confess such things are beyond me.

For a while there, it seemed to be working perfectly, but is it possible that teams can expose it through the middle and, at such a time, you need to switch to man-on-man?
Our zone gets exposed on a regular basis by teams that are willing to move the ball quickly before we set up. With Scott there doesn't seem to be a plan B.

lol- you are the perfect example of why the tiger’s approach of 25 years in the wilderness followed by a few years of success doesn’t work. I can see how bitter and twisted you already are as you head into another prolonged stint in the doldrums. You have my sympathy.
Borola dude.

As cats_09 posted before, we're best off not engaging with trolls.

It makes the mods job much easier when it comes to flushing them through the S-bend.......

As cats_09 posted before, we're best off not engaging with trolls.

It makes the mods job much easier when it comes to flushing them through the S-bend.......
Yep I completely agree but it’s hard to resist a bit of fun sometimes- they are such gooses.but ok take your point re the mods. Went back to delete it but gone already so that’s good thing.

Last edited:
He looked tired through the year to me.

Footy is taking its toll, and he ain't getting any younger.
He looked he lost abit of something.
I agree.

Maybe we'll have to get a back up tall back.
E.ps I'd SDK plays more ruck.

Leek from GWS would be nice.

They showed the Daniher ‘mark’ in replay and the commentary team (and my eyes) thought it was a goal. I’m wondering why there has been nothing further said of it. At the very least there should be a please explain and a goal umpire dropped for not asking for a review.
Any pictures of this? Surely it can’t have been over and nothing said of it.

He looked he lost abit of something.
I agree.

Maybe we'll have to get a back up tall back.
E.ps I'd SDK plays more ruck.

Leek from GWS would be nice.

I think you'll see more of SDK in the ruck next year, and maybe a little bit of Conway.

It's hard from where we sit to know if Blitz was carrying something, or whether he's battle weary.

I'm sure the club are all over it, and will seek the best solution. Their job is so hard when they're fighting gravity with picks etc.

I’d struggle to watch the replay so soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back