Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Duncan looked to be in tears.

Perhaps he's done?

He might be done but I’d keep him in the squad if it was up to me. He’s on 296 games - he deserves 300. I’d find a way to keep him in the team but my very biased worry is Humphries has taken his spot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm disappointed, would've been happy to play my part for the greater good. It all feels a bit selfish.

Alas, I woke up today with air in my lungs, a crippling hangover, and a room reeking of UberEats, so it certainly felt like death.

Haha fantastic.

What was your poison last night? We were all on the grey goose.

I can't be to critical of the players tonight they left nothing out there except 3 or 4 goals you can't win them all a special mention to Lawson Humphries in the final quarter a 10 gamer taking the game on trying like buggery to lift the side he's quickly becoming a favourite.
Would love us to pick up a couple of players of his caliber with those late draft picks...

The narrative all year is Scott is the best coach in the business and Fagan was a tactical hack and it would be embarrassing….. well…… what now geniuses ?
Geniuses. Nice one.

Weren’t you leaving this board about 8 weeks ago? Season over?

According to your ranting all season, all our players are worthless hacks so what does that say about Scott’s performance in getting us so close to a GF?

I am disappointed there weren’t more exclamation points !!!!!! in your past. Need to try harder!!!!! More intensity required!!!!!!

Haven't seen this in the thread yet, but I'm not overly surprised by this news, apologies if I'm doubling up...

View attachment 2118562
View attachment 2118566

For those wondering, this is what Scott had to say about these issues in last night's press conference - he acknowledged the off field issues but downplayed the role they played last night & didn't want it reported as an excuse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to be kidding. Mullin was decent and was great on neale. Your obsession with knevitt being a good player (one who would certainly crumble under finals pressure) is bizarre (and imo loses you credibility). Clohesy as sub is the only thing I agree with, just as Duncan was a terrible sub option.
Was Mullin on Neale the whole night? I can't remember... If he was, then he was mauled. I thought Neale torched us.

Gotta hand it to you Dubs.

A reverse moz 6 months out from the season when the fixture hasn't even been released yet is voodoo level preparation.

That's commitment right there. We can all learn from that.
You are right about the draw, finishing 3rd, ours will be much tougher next year. However I wouldn't bet against Geelong finding a way to play finals.

Haven't seen this in the thread yet, but I'm not overly surprised by this news, apologies if I'm doubling up...

View attachment 2118562
View attachment 2118566

Have to admit, as soon as I heard of Steven King having an episode one day before the game, I had a bad feeling and then when rumors spread about gastro, it didn't feel right. Even before the game, you could see the Geelong boys were quite subdued. More so than usual.

Haha fantastic.

What was your poison last night? We were all on the grey goose.
In a vague panic after my dream I spent the first 3 hours of the day in the fetal position, but eventually cracked on at around 2pm as guests arrived.

Started with CC's & -196s (weak, I know) before eventually calming down for the game.

Stayed relatively sober after that to enjoy the contest, followed by pure Jameson & Smirnoff as we stared blankly at the TV while Bruce arrived in the postgame.

Only positive of hangovers is the lack of water retention. I look even hotter than usual.

^^
(Narrator: He did not "look hot" in the slightest, as he walked around the gym trying not to fall over)

Today reminded me of the 1995 GF v Carlton, losing our gun winger/mid Riccardi with a hammy early game- he was starring.
Holmes is a similar player.
Hope he has more luck than Riccardi wrt GF’s and flags.
I still haven't seen that GF... I was overseas, and never bothered to watch it after I heard the result over the telephone back in those days.

I expect blicavs to be playing vfl by the end of next year unless our ruck falls to pieces. Just like hawkins this year.

Who will be our ruck then? As i have zero faith in conway.

Either do what we did with Mannagh and find the best mid in the VFL/SANFL/WAFL, or go for someone like Carltons Kennedy who wants out, or look at the mids at other clubs like GWS/Sydney/GC who aren't getting gametime.

Theres mids out there that improve our list.
I'd take Kennedy, especially if we give away our early picks for Smith.
Smith and Kennedy would walk into our midfield.
Even if Kennedy is slow, just play him as the inside mid, he will give us first use.

Mate I’m 12 pages into this thread and there are comments I agree with and others that are complete rubbish.

What I don’t think is being appreciated is that making it back to a prelim is no guarantee… it’s ****ing hard work. We’ve been super lucky to play in so many. We may not see another for years.. who knows…

We blew a golden opportunity tonight. Pretending otherwise/consoling yourself that bris were the better team is complete and utter BS. We should have won tonight. End of story. May we have lost next week based on injuries/suspensions… maybe. But we should have won this game.

Blow as much smoke up your arse as you want.. this was a missed opportunity.

have we over performed from preseason predictions.. 100% but that doesn’t excuse tonight
We would've got mauled the following week. But nonetheless, say we won it all this year, it would have to be the one of the worst midfields of all time to have won a GF imho!

Just seeing some of the Lions' frees / our non-frees that led to their goals for the first time.

Man oh man. I'm so glad we've had an era. Imagine if 2007-2022 hadn't happened and this was our first real shot at it? Injuries, illness, coaches collapsing, missed shots, goals conceded from dodgy umpiring.

As a grown man, I would have been in tears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back