Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take Kennedy, especially if we give away our early picks for Smith.
Smith and Kennedy would walk into our midfield.
Even if Kennedy is slow, just play him as the inside mid, he will give us first use.
Statistically this year Kennedy can do everything Atkins does but he takes significantly more marks, kicks, goals, gets more metres gained with the ball.

Atkins has him covered for contested possessions and centre clearances but then Kennedy gets a lot of uncontested possessions and inside 50s because of who his teammates are. Can't say I have seen how Kennedy goes as an inside mid.

If we can get him and Smith, then next year with Bruhn/Holmes as full time centre mids as well, and have Stewart/Danger/Atkins rolling through oh a needs basis and thats an immediate improvement on this season. Then you hope we get improvement or a break out from a Clark, or a return from Guthrie, or we find the next Mannagh.

This team is still so close to a flag, its literally a couple of quality midfielders away to start with and if Smith is a done deal thats us halfway there.

They showed the Daniher ‘mark’ in replay and the commentary team (and my eyes) thought it was a goal. I’m wondering why there has been nothing further said of it. At the very least there should be a please explain and a goal umpire dropped for not asking for a review.
Because the AFL got the result they wanted.

There's also been no talk of Cameron's mark from out of bounds either.

They showed the Daniher ‘mark’ in replay and the commentary team (and my eyes) thought it was a goal. I’m wondering why there has been nothing further said of it. At the very least there should be a please explain and a goal umpire dropped for not asking for a review.

Did they have the opportunity to review it though? It wasn't like the review when Bews touched it and the ball went back to the middle and they reviewed it during the stop in play - Daniher had played on afterwards. If it was found to have been a legitimate mark, it would've disadvantaged Brisbane as we would have been able to set up defensively.

I was at the game so just wanted to confirm a few things 😢
That your 👀 eyes are not painted on.

eyes GIF

AND what would a great coach do about it mid game, with his best player unavailable, Danger sore ribs, and the rest off their games?
Not make excuses like you are and tell the players to cover the middle corridor. It's not a complicated game. The idea that Scott had no options is ridiculous.

Who’s that idiot Massola? Feels very Richmondy or Hawthorny.

He’s a “journo” for The Age - beyond that I have no idea

He got called out for that post amongst a few other BS tweets he’s recently posted - although there are a few of “those” type of folk who took his word for how things played out post match rather than either watching Scott’s press conference or reading the article

Full credit to David Zita for calling him out

Who’s that idiot Massola? Feels very Richmondy or Hawthorny.

He’s a mad Demons fan who has had an anti-Geelong/Scott agenda since the 2021 prelim. Constantly embarrasses himself on social media and then blocks people who call him out.

Did they have the opportunity to review it though? It wasn't like the review when Bews touched it and the ball went back to the middle and they reviewed it during the stop in play - Daniher had played on afterwards. If it was found to have been a legitimate mark, it would've disadvantaged Brisbane as we would have been able to set up defensively.
There should always be an opportunity to review that’s why it’s there I would’ve thought

Misrepresenting my post…Lack of respect for the opposition by many here.Of course we had a chance, but being at the G was certainly not a huge favour for us this year, as if to make up for our deficiencies. And it was not a foregone conclusion; close game. Many knew we would have the close prelim. But getting it done the way Lions did even after we took the late lead was a huge statement. Picking Lions after their win last week was based on them handling pressure and us not having had any for a month.

Apologies if I misrepresented your post. It was not my intention.

I still disagree that having the game played in Victoria rather than Brisbane wasn't a big advantage for us, but I won't belabour the point any further as I don't think we're going to bridge that divide between us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty gutted , we will rue missed chances early and at the start of the 3rd.
On reflection a fantastic season overall coming from 12th in 2023.
Despite the midfield turning it around of late we couldn’t repeat the form we showed in the QF. We just didn’t finish our work.
No questioning our endeavour fighting back to the lead with 2 minutes left.

This one will hurt , get in some new blood , assess the game plan and suit up to go again.
It’s in Geelongs DNA , go Catters👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back