Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes for players, especially forwards, they just need that little something to kick start their match and then everything flows - for Neale he looked to have the perfect chance in the second quarter for a set shot straight in front from like 30m, but instead Stengle stupidly jumped for a mark he was never a chance of taking & unnecessarily gave away a free kick
I'd totally forgotten about that moment, that was so bad:

• Just uncharacteristic from Tyson
  • Deprived Neale of a confidence boosting moment
  • Deprived us of a likely goal
  • Deprived himself (Tyson) of a chance to crumb in case the mark was spoiled.

The bolded part gets me. Maybe a rush of blood, like Fagan said we weren't finals hardened and he got a bit excited?

Yeah initially I thought Sydney in a canter but the more I think about the game the the more I can make a case for Brisbane

They are just a better team on paper man for man, they are playing with freedom, they just got pipped last year and I am suspicious of Sydney away from SCG...

Grundy the key here, if he dominates Sydney will but if Fort can hold his own why not Brisbane

Either way the loss will be devastating for the loser
Runners up in 2/2 or 2/3 GF
Both teams have weapons .

Some key match ups.

Big pounce at it again.

22: "He didn't have the ball"
Stewart: "But I didn't tackle him"
22: "It was unreasonable"
Luke Hodge: "Unreasonable? It's a Prelim Final"

sums it up. That wasn't an umpire watching the play and applying the rules. It was umpiring with prejudice based on a vibe.

I'd totally forgotten about that moment, that was so bad:

• Just uncharacteristic from Tyson
  • Deprived Neale of a confidence boosting moment
  • Deprived us of a likely goal
  • Deprived himself (Tyson) of a chance to crumb in case the mark was spoiled.

The bolded part gets me. Maybe a rush of blood, like Fagan said we weren't finals hardened and he got a bit excited?
Hard to know .
But I guess that pre finals bye wasn't a helping factor.
One game of footy in a month .

If we play a harder draw we might be more tired..

We def looked out of juice in the last Q.

Brisbane played well and only just won ...

22: "He didn't have the ball"
Stewart: "But I didn't tackle him"
22: "It was unreasonable"
Luke Hodge: "Unreasonable? It's a Prelim Final"

sums it up. That wasn't an umpire watching the play and applying the rules. It was umpiring with prejudice based on a vibe.
He the worst ump IMO.
The hair gel gone to his brain ..

They showed the Daniher ‘mark’ in replay and the commentary team (and my eyes) thought it was a goal. I’m wondering why there has been nothing further said of it. At the very least there should be a please explain and a goal umpire dropped for not asking for a review.
I was sitting almost in line with the goalposts and from memory it was a fair way short. I mean, surely I would have cracked the sads if I thought it was close to being a goal, I just remember thinking "Neale sometimes doesn't kick it far enough"

I was sitting almost in line with the goalposts and from memory it was a fair way short. I mean, surely I would have cracked the sads if I thought it was close to being a goal, I just remember thinking "Neale sometimes doesn't kick it far enough"
He has a huge kick, but you are right. He sometimes "aims for" instead of kicking through. Confidence.

What are you taking about? Is Longmire the best coach in the AFL was a legitimate question and talk about the game last night are all legitimate points. Time for the Zebras to see different perspectives…..
stop being sensitive and insular….

Longmire is not the best coach in the AFL.
His team barely made it through to the preliminary final having had to fall back on their academy pick to do so.

Look at the teams he has had the luxury of coaching throughout his tenure.
He is currently 1-4 in leading his side in grand finals. The last showing was absolutely horrendous.

I wouldn't be surprised Brisbane not only win, but win easily. That is Longmire for you as a coach.

Thats true and now sydney have an about 95 % chance thanks to us.
and thanks to GWS- the season's biggest underperformer, yet at the start of the season, I had Lions as my tip for GF, v GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brisbane beat the Swans quite comfortably, it will be pour even more salt on the wound.
From the opening bounce the rules were applied very differently between the two teams

Fair play to Brisbane but when the score is that close in the end it’s only fair to look at some of the suspect umpiring in the game

The more I think about it, the more impressed I am with the Cats game Saturday night. They played out of their skins; it was just Rayner & Ah-Chee who took those moments in the last quarter to give them the game. That's football. Two major things happened that impacted our game. Holmes's injury and how Danger was after he did that sling tackle. It was like all he was thinking about was being suspended and missing the GF, and that affected his game, and he became fumbly and unsure. Those two moments were pivotal for the Cats. But the way the boys played for most of that match was inspirational. I'm so proud of them.

They showed the Daniher ‘mark’ in replay and the commentary team (and my eyes) thought it was a goal. I’m wondering why there has been nothing further said of it. At the very least there should be a please explain and a goal umpire dropped for not asking for a review.
Because the decision was correct, that's you're explanation. And the stills show that the ball was about 20cm in play.

The more I think about it, the more impressed I am with the Cats game Saturday night. They played out of their skins; it was just Rayner & Ah-Chee who took those moments in the last quarter to give them the game. That's football. Two major things happened that impacted our game. Holmes's injury and how Danger was after he did that sling tackle. It was like all he was thinking about was being suspended and missing the GF, and that affected his game, and he became fumbly and unsure. Those two moments were pivotal for the Cats. But the way the boys played for most of that match was inspirational. I'm so proud of them.

I felt Tom Stewart was a bit quiet after his supposed unreasonable hit

I was actually pretty surprised at the lack of time he spent in the middle

Haven’t read a lot of love for Ollie Henry- had a brilliant game considering his first quarter goal miss. Truly a big game player, and will only get better and more lethal.

Look he still let his opponent get a few easy marks early on, due to leading back toward goal instead of at the ball carrier.

But I loved his last quarter - not just the two goals but he was really in the thick of some other passages of play. Big effort in the last q of a big, close final. Nice to know that he has it in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back