List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

So should Gumby be delisted what would Freo's next move be... Pick up an already established key forward (not sure who is available?), put some serious playing time into Apeness or both..

Another injury means he's done.
That frees up one spot, and the other one is Kepler I think.

Hannath's re-signing effectively sunk him.

We have Pearce, Apeness, Smith and Taberner who should now e given games at their expense which means they're off the list at the end of the year.

Is there any chance we would retain Kepler? Rookie?
We have to drop three, who else? Which has been well covered here already. I hate myself for saying it but I can't see how he can be kept. Remember he was our back up ruck at one time and with the resigning of Hannath, what is his role? Key backman, the job he doing at Peel?

Mind you how much fun would it be seeing Kepler and Dawson playing next to each other. Maybe we could bring back Scott Chisholm for the kick ins. We may not win many games but it would be funny. ( actually I really do not miss the good old days)

I have Kepler, McPharlin (Retired), Gumbleton and Simpson (Rookie) leaving our list.

Their is a chance we could trade 1 or 2 players to improve our draft position especially if we have planned to trade for a player.

One of the young eastern states kids may want to head home for more opportunities - I am thinking Sheridan here.

Also I would be all in favour of rookieing Simpson and promoting Ballard or Wood in his place.

Thanks

Silent Alarm - Did you play with Mitch?

Could he play the 3rd tall role for us? Is he dedicated enough to play AFL?
I did. I remember we only won a few games for the season and the first was a derby, we won and me and him were in the Solo shower together. That isn't a euphemism. I can't remember much else from him because he seemed to be MIA via injuries a bit. Seems to have grown about 20 centimetres in the last four years. He was mostly in the middle from memory. This is years ago though, 17s. He has nice skills, he'd be a good replacement in the half forward line if he's still hanging around at our last pick/in the rookie draft.

Good fella too.

I heard on 882 yesterday that Mark Le Cras is not happy at the Eagles and is open to be traded.

Seems odd, and he is contracted for another 2 years after this year.

But Glen Jacovich didn't deny the rumour on air.

The Eagles fans will up in arms if he left.
Love the Frenchman. He'd have been ten times better than Sylvia.

One of the young eastern states kids may want to head home for more opportunities - I am thinking Sheridan here.

Also I would be all in favour of rookieing Simpson and promoting Ballard or Wood in his place.
Rookies can have two years before you have to make a decision. Wood's skinny and you have nothing to lose by keeping Ballard in development for another season. Leave em there I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to drop three, who else? Which has been well covered here already. I hate myself for saying it but I can't see how he can be kept. Remember he was our back up ruck at one time and with the resigning of Hannath, what is his role? Key backman, the job he doing at Peel?

He was an effective forward for us for a while there, with Pav and Apeness both possibly unavailable then I would reckon he might be a show for Geelong depending on his hammy...a good performance there and maybe, just maybe. :) (Wishful thinking I know...apart from the Pav injured part of my thinking.)

He was an effective forward for us for a while there, with Pav and Apeness both possibly unavailable then I would reckon he might be a show for Geelong depending on his hammy...a good performance there and maybe, just maybe. :) (Wishful thinking I know...apart from the Pav injured part of my thinking.)
Love yelling Kepleeeer at the game when he kicks one of those unco but great goals and I rate him. However we need to get some games into the younger players sometime and it gets back else do delist.? I would be pleased if I'm wrong .

Jared Waite. Sign him up for 2 years.

Pav and Waite up forward would be perfect

but Waite, there's more?

FWIW I rate him, just needs to pull his head in (and not head-butt his opponent) all the time. Also he'll be 32 going in to 2015 if we got him, so we wouldn't be putting in any more than we could afford to risk

but Waite, there's more?

FWIW I rate him, just needs to pull his head in (and not head-butt his opponent) all the time. Also he'll be 32 going in to 2015 if we got him, so we wouldn't be putting in any more than we could afford to risk
He wouldn't demand much cash would he? He's fairly durable as far as I know so I'd have no problem signing him up

He wouldn't demand much cash would he? He's fairly durable as far as I know so I'd have no problem signing him up

I doubt it. He'd be pretty well off and the lure of a flag might be enough to persuade him

It'd take some sort of persuasion to uproot from Victoria this late in his career. No chance.

He's a Tasmanian iirc, so homesickness wouldn't be an issue

I doubt it. He'd be pretty well off and the lure of a flag might be enough to persuade him

He's a Tasmanian iirc, so homesickness wouldn't be an issue
Just telling him he'd be getting the second best defender might lure him. Don't think hes suited to being number one target and would be ideal support.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back