List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from Riewoldt (either, most likely), Waite is about the only other target

Dawes is at the Dees
Cloke re-signed
Clark is gone*
Brown retired
Kennedy unlikely
Darling unlikely
We already have Gumby

And I doubt we'd able to lure a forward from a top 8 or potential top 4 team

There's dozens of guys other the ones you listed there who would be great gets.

Time to turn our focus on Apeness/Tabs and put a shiteload of games into them. Hopefully fast track their development. I know it doesn't realistically work this way though...

There's dozens of guys other the ones you listed there who would be great gets.

Was only thinking off the top of my head and likely candidates from team not in the mix, as they are unlikely to leave. Also included guys we have previously made plays for (and failed)

we could always try with Sam Reid from Sydney?

I remember on radio I while back when asked about his biggest regret as a recruiter Brad lloyd said not taking Sam Reid at #36 in the draft.

We took Joel Houghton at #36 and Sydney took Reid at #38.

It was a 50/50 decision and they decided to go for the WA player instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember on radio I while back when asked about his biggest regret as a recruiter Brad lloyd said not taking Sam Reid at #36 in the draft.

We took Joel Houghton at #36 and Sydney took Reid at #38.

It was a 50/50 decision and they decided to go for the WA player instead.

Now where's that thread about the benefits of always choosing the WA boy (based on a sample size of one)...

Really? I'd have thought you'd have Colyer's type in spades with Pearce, Hill, Simpson and Walters.

Simpson is a better than 50% chance of never playing again. Walters doesn't have break neck pace. He's magnificent one on one with beautiful skills, but his pace is so so. We are missing a touch of outside run to compliment the brute inside force of Fyfe, Mundy and Barlow.

For a small bloke Walters is a little sluggish, might have been one of the reasons he slipped a bit in the draft iirc.

The draft is becoming an athletes paradise.

It's probably why Barlow, Ballantyne, Spurr and many others get over looked. They don't see the players they see the numbers.

I went to school with Paul Haselby and he was obviously a freak AFL player. He also played basketball and just had a knowledge of where to be that you couldn't teach. Some things can't be measured. Walters ability to see through traffic, spin and hammer goals and sell hand candy and doge tackles matrix style can't be measured.

I'd be certain many true players don't ever get a game and then we're surprised when 5 years later they're the ones picking up 25+ touches in the WAFL and have missed their window.

Priddis prob anther example and although you may consider him bad, he can play AFL no question.

Some muppet on here a few years back reckoned that sonson wouldn't make it because he was too slow, I think my response was something like his kicking is sublime and I've yet to see anyone run faster than a footy being kicked through the air.

From this list I think it will be Mcpharlin I retire, Bradley cut and Duffy cut. If this is the case I would like to see Kepler put on the rookie list as backup. Also I think he is just a great person to have around the club and really good for te young guys. If not would love him to stay on at peel
Lyon said Duffy is one of our bright young prospects and may come into selection consideration in the next couple of weeks.

Lyon said Duffy is one of our bright young prospects and may come into selection consideration in the next couple of weeks.
I hope he does. But I would like to see him putting the kinds of performances from the weekend on a week to week basis. Also against better opposition before I start calling him a bright young prospect.

I hope he does. But I would like to see him putting the kinds of performances from the weekend on a week to week basis. Also against better opposition before I start calling him a bright young prospect.
Agree. Would also like to see him tidy up his kicking a little more too. 3 goals 3 is an improvement for him though and his field kicking was ok too this week. It sounded like a free wheeling game though so I agree with you, he has to do it against better opposition and under more pressure. I will look forward to seeing how he goes against South's if he doesn't get a call up against Geelong. It sounds like it will be either him or Crozier.

Did Duffy play in the Nab Challenge or just the inta club?

I remember him playing well in one of the preseason games

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back