List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need another big bodied inside Mid to develop. If Wines or Drew were injured who do we have? Mead and Dumont. As much as we love the romance of a genuine father/son you can't see Mead making it so make the tough call and move on

Unpopular opinion - Mead can replace Wines inside. It's his only position. He won't make it as a Sam Gray, he needs to be played as a Sam Mitchell

Last edited:

Unpopular opinion - Mead can replace Wines inside. It's his only position. He won't make it as a Sam Gray, he needs to be played as a Sam Mitchell
Mead won't make it as anything at AFL level.

Thinking about Marshall with all the concussions he's already suffered and likely future concussions given the way he plays, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being forced into an early retirement for his own welfare.

Wonder if the club have considered this if they decide to trade georgiadis for Grundy or a 2nd round pick?

We need georgiadis to stay.

Thinking about Marshall with all the concussions he's already suffered and likely future concussions given the way he plays, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being forced into an early retirement for his own welfare.

Wonder if the club have considered this if they decide to trade georgiadis for Grundy or a 2nd round pick?

We need georgiadis to stay.
Georgiadis never struck me as a good team player.

Pure outside types usually feature later unless they’ve shown an ability to go inside or up front. Father sons and academy picks also receive less attention because you’re less likely to be able to get them.

So there is every chance that Monty junior and the Burgoynes, if they and the club want to list them, will slide, maybe even reach the rookie list like Jase and Trent.

I back Wines to have a good final series followed by a good pre season and a better 2024.

Great player who has just been underdone all year.
Is there anything you don’t like? I highly doubt the output of Crouch v Wines would differ much, if Wines have is trade currency and Crouch cost seeet FA it would be worth doing.

Hinkley wanted Wines as captain over Jonas so it would never happen whilst Hinkley is at the helm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the Precinct Cafe can start using civet coffee (coffee produced using the partially digested coffee cherries that are eaten by Asian palm civets and harvested from their poop) to entice Grundy from From Melbourne.

Grundy not being happy a 30 year old is keeping him out at Melbourne will be less happy a 20 year old keeps him out at Port

Grundy going back to Collingwood and have Melbourne paying part of his salary would be moderately amusing

The $1.1 million per season handed to Nick Daicos from 2026 onwards could set the market for massive new deals for Port Adelaide’s Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Sydney’s Errol Gulden.
All three players have set the competition alight this season as the league’s brilliant new midfielders alongside Daicos, who just signed a new deal.
The strong expectation is those players will sign fresh deals over summer so they are locked away before they come out of contract.
All of Rozee, Butters and Gulden have huge marketing appeal as fresh-faced young stars for teams rebuilding their midfields.

The $1.1 million per season handed to Nick Daicos from 2026 onwards could set the market for massive new deals for Port Adelaide’s Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Sydney’s Errol Gulden.
All three players have set the competition alight this season as the league’s brilliant new midfielders alongside Daicos, who just signed a new deal.
The strong expectation is those players will sign fresh deals over summer so they are locked away before they come out of contract.
All of Rozee, Butters and Gulden have huge marketing appeal as fresh-faced young stars for teams rebuilding their midfields.

No doubt we are looking at long term very rewarding contracts for Butters and Rozee.

Wouldn't be surprised if we revisited JHFs contract at some point next year as well. Could be we are paying significantly less than market value.

Oops, I forgot in the year 2025 I want to be alive (to see if we jag a KPP son of).

Tall defender Gill, the son of Darryl Wakelin has a choice of us and the Saints.
Where living in Adelaide and playing for Sturt could give us the home advantage.

A F/S whose actually a (hopefully good) KPP. What we've all been waiting for, as we've had a plethora of average smalls, so far. The more Gill looks a good prospect, the more I'm sure the A(V)FL will somehow change the F/S rules to screw us over.

Is there anything you don’t like? I highly doubt the output of Crouch v Wines would differ much, if Wines have is trade currency and Crouch cost seeet FA it would be worth doing.

Hinkley wanted Wines as captain over Jonas so it would never happen whilst Hinkley is at the helm.
I don't like how Wines butchers the ball by foot. I don't like how he didn't kick on the outside of the boot on two critical snaps in the last few weeks. He's the fifth worst kick in the comp by foot this season (champion data, Daniel Hoyne).

But when he's extracting and hand balling to our fleet of foot, he's great.

On balance - when he's in and under and we need someone to extract a ball in a big game or hold their feet, keep hands free and not go down - I back him in.

Plenty I don't like. But overall I'm glass half full on Wines, not glass half empty.

Wines vs Crouch - come on!

To get any trade over the line - wines, port and another club would have to agree to it. Mitchell got hawthorn very little. I can’t see anyone paying much for wines.

As to the outputs being similar - Wines is injured currently. Despite that he has played every game. He provides link play, overhead marking and can kick a goal. He is also our captain and brings on field leadership. Crouch has been injured or in the twos for the past three years. He is an in and under mid at best. Yea he would probably cost a bit less cap wise but we would lose a whole lot. Beside Wines may be able to rehab that knee in the off season and get some of his run and power back.

Not to mention we will likely lose Lycett, Jonas, Raz, Hayes, Clurey (maybe) and Dumont this off season. That’s a lot of experience in one off season. Boak and Dixon probably go in the next year or so. Add Wines to that and we are suddenly very young, lack experience and leadership.

If we think Vis can develop into a good 1st ruck do we try and get Goldstein over here next season as a stopgap? Playing some good footy atm.

Trent McKenzie has signed a 1 year extension:

I hope Boak retires at the end of the year. Unless he is carrying some sort of injury which we don't know about - his drop off in the last three months has been pretty alarming and he might fall of a cliff a la Jonas next year if he plays on. That would be a real shame for a guy who has been such a great club champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back