List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

This season Todd has 20 goals from 14 games (1.43 per game). Jed has 5 goals from 12 games (0.42 per game).

So in essence he'd need to be around 30% of Todd's salary. Todd is on approximately 800 per year.

It's closer than you think.

I misread the amount of games mcintee had played.

So he would have to be below 30% of Todd’s salary means he wouldn’t even be remotely close to what teekray claimed. Mcintee would have to be on less than $240k.

This season Todd has 20 goals from 14 games (1.43 per game). Jed has 5 goals from 12 games (0.42 per game).

So in essence he'd need to be around 30% of Todd's salary. Todd is on approximately 800 per year.

It's closer than you think.
30% is still $240k.

Thats significantly more than the national average.

Think it's worth trying one of the SANFL premier small forwards as a rookie , Hone, Wilkinson, Gore or Lowe whichever one has the most upside
There has to be one small forward in the country who’s not on an AFL list and is better than McEntee and DBJ.

There has to be one small forward in the country who’s not on an AFL list and is better than McEntee and DBJ.

Maybe but there’s this thing called the draft where 18 teams get to take any players they think are or may in the future be capable of playing football.

That has a way of stripping all the could possibly be afl players out of leagues around oz.

Of course we could actually start using this tool to take some of these players.

And the problem isn’t even our drafting , as Parker has shown he’s as good as any other recruiter, especially with late picks.

The problems are

We don’t have the picks very often thanks to trading them out to trade up the draft

Trading them out to overpay for trades ie, every man and his dog knows we shouldn’t have paid a 2nd and 3rd rounder for Orazio, the football world was shocked when we did. No one expected us to give up pick 25 for esava. No one expected we were going to pay what we did for soldo and zerk either.

We continue to be an organisation that folds to whatever our opponent tells us they’re willing to pay for our players , contracted or not but concede and fold and pay whatever our opponents tell us to pay for their players , contracted or not.

This has led to us using very few draft picks in the 25-50 range , a range where plenty of teams have built portions of their list.

Couple that with holding onto list cloggers for far too long so we again, take fewer selections.

Obviously coach is the biggest problem. However, still opportunities to fix some holes.

Lack of draft picks, so picking up some free agents in the right age bracket is the route we’ll have to go down.

Small forward and wing is the most crucial areas for me, so Stengle and Perryman would be nice.

I think the back line setup can be improved with some better coaching hopefully (and potentially moving Bergman back there), so might need to be bolstered the following year.

Also need to look at trading some players out and seeing what we can get. A few clubs will be needing points for top-end academy and father-son picks, so might be a way to get back into the first round.

Obviously coach is the biggest problem. However, still opportunities to fix some holes.

Lack of draft picks, so picking up some free agents in the right age bracket is the route we’ll have to go down.

Small forward and wing is the most crucial areas for me, so Stengle and Perryman would be nice.

I think the back line setup can be improved with some better coaching hopefully (and potentially moving Bergman back there), so might need to be bolstered the following year.

Also need to look at trading some players out and seeing what we can get. A few clubs will be needing points for top-end academy and father-son picks, so might be a way to get back into the first round.

I’m not sure wing is especially crucial.

We’ve got Burgoyne Bergman and sinn competing for spots.

Lorenz is looking very promising and he’s got another preseason. We can run all of Farrell Houston spp rozee butters through there if we want. Rome burgs available this draft.

I would happily add perryman for the right contract as we still need to improve our top 30 players , I just don’t think it’s entirely crucial anymore.

Our small and medium forwards are an area of crucial need of adding more talent though.

I would say we’ve got 2 genuine small forwards on our list and 0 medium forwards. We’re just shoehorning other types into hff roles.

I think we’re now in dire need of good ground level lock down defenders. Jones has stagnated at a very low level. Dbj has been moved. Burton died. Houston and Farrell are more attacking back flankers.

Really Bergman if we chose to play him back is our medium defender who can lock down and win it on the ground or kill it in the air.

That’s pretty dire list of options from a 40 man list

I’m not sure wing is especially crucial.

We’ve got Burgoyne Bergman and sinn competing for spots.

Lorenz is looking very promising and he’s got another preseason. We can run all of Farrell Houston spp rozee butters through there if we want. Rome burgs available this draft.

I would happily add perryman for the right contract as we still need to improve our top 30 players , I just don’t think it’s entirely crucial anymore.

Our small and medium forwards are an area of crucial need of adding more talent though.

I would say we’ve got 2 genuine small forwards on our list and 0 medium forwards. We’re just shoehorning other types into hff roles.

I think we’re now in dire need of good ground level lock down defenders. Jones has stagnated at a very low level. Dbj has been moved. Burton died. Houston and Farrell are more attacking back flankers.

Really Bergman if we chose to play him back is our medium defender who can lock down and win it on the ground or kill it in the air.

That’s pretty dire list of options from a 40 man list
Now you mention it, that’s certainly another area we need to fix - not sure what options are out there.

Re the half forward line, think we can either get Ainsworth, or try and roll Butters, JHF and Rozee there more often.

Now you mention it, that’s certainly another area we need to fix - not sure what options are out there.

Re the half forward line, think we can either get Ainsworth, or try and roll Butters, JHF and Rozee there more often.

I think butters jhf and rozee should all be focused on playing midfield and used there only sparingly.

Mostly we should be looking at the draft for forwards and lock down defenders.

They’re positions very often found mid to late in the draft. Small forwards in particular often play very soon after being drafted if they’re good enough.

I think butters jhf and rozee should all be focused on playing midfield and used there only sparingly.

Mostly we should be looking at the draft for forwards and lock down defenders.

They’re positions very often found mid to late in the draft. Small forwards in particular often play very soon after being drafted if they’re good enough.
Agree with most of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond and North will hand picks over if Butters wants out. I'd look at them if that happens.
If Butters wanted out we aren't getting two firsts (at least one's close to the start of the round). The fact there's ten Victorian clubs gives them the leverage we don't get in reverse. Plus if he wanted out, suddenly he'd be talked about as worth A first by the VFL media. Our trade team would crumble and we'd be screwed over.

There's players we should look to trade out to get some trade capital, but they are either not enough quality or too old to get us much. The only player with potentially any real currency is Wines. We're overstacked with inside Mid's, and of them Wines and Drew are the two incapable of resting forward for any effect, to spread midfield minutes around. Wines is still the better player, but he's a) older and b) worth more, when we desperately need picks.

The current list is comprised majority midtable quality players and 3 or 4 very good players. That's not to say it can't be salvaged but they're a very weak team mentally because they've been conditioned into believing that close enough is good enough. They're a symptom of the condition plaguing the club and the game in general.

We need to rebuild and make JHF, Rozee, and Butters the focal point.

Mids are strong, wings are developing but the game plan doesn’t help Port’s wings.

Other than Rioli, there are no small forwards.

I’m bullish about the key defenders. Game plan and limited experience together counts against them.

Half back/lock down defenders are an issue. And having a fit, consistent ruck would be nice.

So, yes holes but it’s 50-50 a game plan and personnel problem.

For the first time in many years, I finally realised we had a terrible list with too many holes to fill in.. Sad:(
Along with Sydney we have the equal most All Australians on our list.
Not included in those 8 players include Soldo & Rioli (premiership players) and Horne-Francis

The list is good enough.

Our list in the first 17-18 players is very strong. The issue is that it drops off very quickly in quality which is some of the reason why we struggle when we have injuries. Assuming we will be finally rid of Hinkley we maybe able to draft normally in 2 years.

In my opinion we are in a very good position with our list which needs some strengthening but removing Hinkley's influence is the most important thing that will make the list and team better,

Along with Sydney we have the equal most All Australians on our list.
Not included in those 8 players include Soldo & Rioli (premiership players) and Horne-Francis

The list is good enough.
Having the most All Australians on our list is like being the nicest guy in prison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back