List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Are APY lands part of Port Zone??

A junior full-forward from the APY Lands has emerged as the next big thing in SA footy after dominating for his club’s senior side as a surprise fill-in.
12-year-old rising star Jacko Kemp was asked to fill in at senior level for the SANFL APY League’s second-bottom team the Amata Bombers on Saturday against second spot Fregon after the club lost several players to other sporting commitments. Slotting in as a significantly undersized full-forward, Kemp produced a dazzling display against taller, stronger and faster defenders to boot six of his team’s nine goals in an 89-62 loss.

Tell him to move to Amata asap haha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

With so many retirements happening in the AFL why hasn't Jonas announced his yet .
Surely we won't offer him another contract.
Im also expecting Essendon to enquire about Grundy now Phillips has retired.

With so many retirements happening in the AFL why hasn't Jonas announced his yet .
Surely we won't offer him another contract.
Im also expecting Essendon to enquire about Grundy now Phillips has retired.

I don’t. They have Draper.

Roos on Ben McKay

"If Ben decides to leave and the compensation comes through, then we've got a decision to make. If it's end-of-first-round or a second-round pick, then that's probably not what we're after for a player of Ben's ability."

Crows on Brad Crouch

“We certainly are [prepared to match], we are obviously hopeful that the compensation would result in pick two and its only under those circumstances that we won’t consider matching,” Kelly said

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That whole Crouch situation was one of the biggest bed shits from a newly minted head of football I can remember. Generally they try and keep quiet while figuring out the caper.

Trading out a Champion player is one way to destroy a Clubs culture.
Where North have still not recovered from dumping Boomer Harvey, Drew Petrie, Michael Firrito and Nick Dal Santo on the same day.

They may or may not be merit in signing Crouch.
As a free agent no trade is required and he is on record saying, both he & his wife like living in the city of Churches.
Give me a spell.

We have had this dear for so god damn long and how has it helped us?

It’s not like Luke Hodge 3 or 4 time premiership player Or Jordan Lewis. This is a professional sport and sometimes tough calls need to be made.

If we fear change we will end up in the same state year on year ohhh wait…..

Are APY lands part of Port Zone??

A junior full-forward from the APY Lands has emerged as the next big thing in SA footy after dominating for his club’s senior side as a surprise fill-in.
12-year-old rising star Jacko Kemp was asked to fill in at senior level for the SANFL APY League’s second-bottom team the Amata Bombers on Saturday against second spot Fregon after the club lost several players to other sporting commitments. Slotting in as a significantly undersized full-forward, Kemp produced a dazzling display against taller, stronger and faster defenders to boot six of his team’s nine goals in an 89-62 loss.
Not sure the zones, but word is a number of the APY communities really dislike the Crows after they and Portz came up for a program to the APY lands/Ernabella. The crows locked themselves in a house, only came out for media photos. think this was last year. Maybe not that long after Tex the racist went racist.

On the other hand Peps, and a few of the Port boys spent a lot of time building relationships and time with the kids and community. This was noticed.

I'm loathe to dig too deep into this because the AFL rules in this space are horrendously favouring of Vic clubs, but I did find the following text on Reddit:

Looking at a Map, it looks like Amata is probably in the Eastern half so would be Adelaides zone and Kaltjiti/Fregon is further East

OK, further information on this:

From Port Website:
View attachment 1769809

Jacko plays for the Amata Bombers which are in Ports zone ... however it becomes interesting as he lives in Kaltjiti (Fregon) which is in Crows zone and travels to Amata to play. I suspect that taking into account future AFL policy changes that this means he is either eligible for the Crows or Colliungwood if Eddie deems him to be any good.
Heaps of the fellas up there move around all over the place, so if he was a chance to play AFL, he will go to whichever afl club he feels more comfortable going to.

Well if Sam Hayes actually plays despite being listed as 3 weeks away due to an AC - that's confirmation the club just iced him as they were going to be rid of him end of year, and didn't see the point in giving him SANFL games.

No it means we brought him back a week earlier than we originally planned to because we are out of options.

No conspiracy there.

They must think there's a fair chance he'll get up otherwise Teakle would have come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we need a really honest assessment of where we are at before bringing in Ratugolea.

Not saying he's not going to make it as a defender but 12 months from now I'm seeing Kyle Marshall looking a better option. Marshall is another one who's a different player with another pre-season and does have the advantage of being raised as a defender.

Think we need a really honest assessment of where we are at before bringing in Ratugolea.

Not saying he's not going to make it as a defender but 12 months from now I'm seeing Kyle Marshall looking a better option. Marshall is another one who's a different player with another pre-season and does have the advantage of being raised as a defender.

I like the look of Marshall. Tall, fast, long levers, plays with a bit of aggro. He's young and raw but looks the type who could develop into an awkward full back to play on. He was a lightweight when drafted but seems to be putting weight on.

I think both Marshall and McCullum have shown bits and pieces but they’re both a little while off.

Even though McKenzie has signed for another year we should be planning for him to be more of a backup option.

We need to consider a good mix of experience down back too. So I certainly see value in picking up an Esava/BZT or maybe even McKay to be that middle aged player while others develop.

Failing to do that places way too much importance on the fitness of Aliir, so we need to build some redundancy in that area.

According to a paywalled News Ltd article, we 'face a fight' to get Ratugolea as he is in 'high demand'.

I hate a fight, let's move on.

Would be surprised if Sav was not at Geelong or Port. We’ve done most of the work and he is first 22 for us and in a side pushing for top 4 consistently over the next couple of years.

But as I’ve said all along, almost every side is after a KPP and ruck. We aren’t unique in that. Freo, Melbourne maybe Carlton, the suns and Geelong are about the only sides with a good set up and even Geelong would have to replace Sav if he goes and Carlton and the Suns would be keen to upgrade and bolster stocks.

Complain about our list management all you want but they tried to fill the holes and we are in a similar boat to the Lions, Sydney, Collingwood, Saints, Dons, GWS, Crows, Bulldogs, Richmond.

Good defenders don’t grow on trees and also don’t come cheap in salary or trade and take a long time to develop if you draft them.

We will probably have to overpay for Sav and/or McKay or BZT. We might even have to look at chasing a player like Chol, Day, Fullarton, Smith, etc and turn them into a key back.

Maybe, if GWS still need the salary dump, we could get Haynes and play him as the interceptor.

On salary dumps, wonder if we could get Jack Martin from Carlton? Would be an upgrade, albeit an expensive one, on Evans and McEntee.

I am still keen on Esava and think he would be worked into the backline well with Aliir.

It would straighten us up, give us a strong, marking intercepting defender who can go up forward.

It would also allow one of our defenders to play wing as the wing is a bit underdone at the moment.

I am still keen on Esava and think he would be worked into the backline well with Aliir.

It would straighten us up, give us a strong, marking intercepting defender who can go up forward.

It would also allow one of our defenders to play wing as the wing is a bit underdone at the moment.

If we get him relatively cheap then we really can't lose on Esava.

I doubt we'd get Ratagolea cheap, especially dealing with Geelong, but that's the only way I'd want him, looks a very ordinary player to me and watching the game last night reinforced my opinion - dropped marks, turnovers by foot, no physical impact. He might improve I'm not convinced he'll ever rise even to the "good" level. There's not much around in the way of KPPs that are gettable though.

There's plenty of room back there. If we get him, it's be great to see Ratugolea alongside McKenzie and Aliir next year.

Then hopefully one of the younger key defenders comes through and takes McKenzie's spot in 2025 or so. And Aliir turns 30 next year, so another spot may open in a few years.

Plenty of opportunities at Port if you're a decent KPD in the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back