List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Truth is, now that all 4 trades are done, we gained 2 A-Graders and 2 B-Graders.

Ratugolea means that Aliir can return to being an intercepting CHB. As a lockdown back he is only a B Grader- in his true position he is an A-Grader.

BZT means Bergman can play wing where we wanted to play him all last year, and where he is an A-Grader. As a Tall Back, which he was forced to play, he was only average.

Losing Duursma hurts but we have a stable of players in the wings (pun intended) for his position- Bergman takes one wing, Farrell, Sinn and Burgoyne fight for the other with my favourite - Georgiades. Having two strong marking wingmen is a dynamic I want to see and allowing Mitch to work his way back into the side, running in straight lines is good.

Now we have genuine competition for 1R. While neither Soldo or Sweet are stars, they don’t have to be. They have to hit the ball to the stars.

Long story short- these ordinary looking trades make us a better side because it frees up our stars to play in their best positions and not just fill holes.

Lachie Jones & Burton should be tried on the wing. Farrel too perhaps. We have Williams coming back into defence, so we need to move players out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

YHy2UUz.jpg

Its a high risk high reward trade period. Traded all our draft capital. Brought in 4 ultimately unproven guys whove all shown bits and pieces without putting it all together.

If it works, then happy days. If it doesnt, then we’re up the creek.

Happy to fill holes in the list though

Good result getting all 4 of our targets, probably gave a little more than I’d hoped for but nothing to lose any sleep over.

Our best 22 looks stronger on paper, I’m particularly happy with Soldo as that is one I didn’t think would get done and he makes us immediately stronger.

Bye to Durz, but probably a win for all parties that trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically happy with the trade period . For what we had we’ve on balance improved our list .
Ratogalea will be a good get and a good challenge for the defensive coach to work out what’s what between him and Allir .
Soldo and Sweet with Visentini as rucks is quite good and we shouldn’t be caught out the the last two seasons .
Keeping Lord was good .
Losing Duursma was sad but on balance we did well

We had no defence last year what so ever.
They all died in the arse at the same time, the midfield carried the team basically but in the end it got to much.
We have improved our list from last year and that’s what it’s all about.
Not 100% happy about the trades but at least we don’t have to play the walking dead week in week out.

With basically zero draft capital, we're in a tricky spot going forward.

Hopefully someone can do the analysis on what picks we will have to use in the draft this year. A maximum of 2 you'd hope, if we could somehow only take 1, that'd probably be even better.

Next year we've got 3 definite retirements, Boak, McKenzie & Dixon. So without even considering other delistees, we're going to have to replace 3 quality players with only a second and third rounder. We're absolutely going to need to find some free agents to buy.

With our draft had bare for the end of next season makes me wonder if we have players hitting free agency at the end of 24.
And we are banking on compensation for that draft

Marshall and drew are free agents , and if we lose them we’re ****ed.

We don’t have a replacement for drew on our list and without Todd we’re hoping lord kicks on plus finlayson and Georgiades regain form + Scully shows at least something as a backup.

That’s a lot of ifs.

We don’t have a replacement for drew on our list and without Todd we’re hoping lord kicks on plus finlayson and Georgiades regain form + Scully shows at least something as a backup.

That’s a lot of ifs.

Most clubs lists are on the point of decay tbf , only gold Coast and gws have constant elite talent coming through , no hinkley and another good small and we could easily win a flag

That’s a lot of ifs.

Zero, absolutely zero chance we lose Marshall.

But for years we have complained about our backs and ruck stocks. Sounds like Duurs wasn’t happy playing wing anyway.
It's the position he's going to Essendon to play. He isn't displacing Merrett, Parish, Hobbs or Caldwell any more than he is Rozee, Butters, JHF.

But for years we have complained about our backs and ruck stocks. Sounds like Duurs wasn’t happy playing wing anyway.
Yea we've addressed two areas of need however the jury is out in terms of the quality, it's hardly bolstering your defense with May or Lever type acquisitions. Best available to us is about the only description if McKay & others never had interest.

Duurs wasn't on the same page as Daddy D & there was more to it than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back