List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

So am i right.

You guys are now at 38 and 4. Im assuming now Lycett Retires and Hayes is delisted making you 36 and 4

powell pepper
Burton
Marshall
Houston
Farrell
Sinn
Butters
Boak
Finlayson
McKenzie
Fantasia
Bergman
Rioli
Wines
Clurey
Horne-Gfrances
Georgiades
Rozee
Allir
Dixon
WilliamsRookie
PasiniRookie
Hayes
Drew
Lycett
Lord
Evans
Scully
Byrne Jones
Jones
Burgoyne
McCallum
Visitini
Jackson
Marshall
mcEnteeRookie
Mead
NarkleRookie
BZT
ratugolea
Soldo
Sweet
Wasn't Barkla a Cat B rookie?
If so, wouldn't he go on our list as player #45?
I thought you can have two of those on your list additional to the base 44 players?

View attachment 1835181

This image on the ABC website sums it up well.

Port gave up significant long term value for a sugar hit for 2024, knowing the disappointment of another 2 years of supercoach had to be countered by some player copium.

Prove me wrong Ivan, Esava, Brandon and Jordan, but it feels like a classic moneyHinkleyball.

Look, you could make a case for the clubs nearest their peak willing to sacrifice more to win the premiership, but WE KNOW KEN WONT WIN ONE, and so in our case it just locks in 4-12 for another decade. In 10 years time we will all be discussing how Ken prevented our stars from winning the ultimate prize, as he loads up his moneybags and pisses off like the Hamburglar, with Team Victoria smirking at those fleeced fools over the border.

Prove me wrong.

A once great club, now a Team Victoria franchise being bled for every cent of South Australian money while giving nothing.

I look forward to cricket season.
The flipside is that barring Port, all of the sides you would consider to be in premiership contention got worse in the short term..

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't Barkla a Cat B rookie?
If so, wouldn't he go on our list as player #45?
I thought you can have two of those on your list additional to the base 44 players?
Its 42 plus two these days. They reduced it during covid and yet to return it.

Basically its 44 max with 38 and 4 and 2, 37 5 and 2, 36, 6 and 2

I've had a look at the ins and outs in the past 2 years, I think it looks like this.

OUT:

Amon (FA)
Duursma
8 ('22)
F1 ('24)
15 ('23)
37 ('23)
57 ('22)
58 ('23)
76 ('23)
94 ('23)
F4 ('24)

IN:

JHF
Rioli
Ratugolea
Zerk-Thatcher
Soldo
Sweet
33 ('22)
F4 (Ess)
F4 (Car)

Or in draft points

OUT:
Amon (FA)
Duursma
Pick 1
Pick 19

In:
JHF
Rioli
Ratugolea
Zerk-Thatcher
Soldo
Sweet

We are already in arm-wave territory so we can say JHF = Pick 1

Which side is more valuable and by how much?

Amon
Duursma
Pick 19

or

Rioli
Ratugolea
Zerk-Thatcher
Soldo
Sweet

I've had a look at the ins and outs in the past 2 years, I think it looks like this.

OUT:

Amon (FA)
Duursma
8 ('22)
F1 ('24)
15 ('23)
37 ('23)
57 ('22)
58 ('23)
76 ('23)
94 ('23)
F4 ('24)

IN:

JHF
Rioli
Ratugolea
Zerk-Thatcher
Soldo
Sweet
33 ('22)
F4 (Ess)
F4 (Car)

Or in draft points

OUT:
Amon (FA)
Duursma
Pick 1
Pick 19

In:
JHF
Rioli
Ratugolea
Zerk-Thatcher
Soldo
Sweet

We are already in arm-wave territory so we can say JHF = Pick 1

Which side is more valuable and by how much?

Amon
Duursma
Pick 19

or

Rioli
Ratugolea
Zerk-Thatcher
Soldo
Sweet
Reading it like this I’m happy, Riolli+Soldo>Amon+Durrsma+’19’

Ratugolea is the best 1v1 defender on the list

If clubs now try to drag AA deep instead of McKenzie or Jonas having to come up its Esava

I understand why we did what we had to.
My main 2 concerns are
Not risking BZT in the PSD and keeping Duursma for a year. (Especially when it looks like Cluery is here next year)

The pressure it puts on the late picks in the past 2 drafts and next draft to show something

Where is the outside speed post Amon. We have an abundance of half backs who are good uses of the ball but are not fast. They can't all play back and are too slow for the wing.
From houston, burton, farrell, bergman, williams, jones. All probably current top 22 players and great uses who you would love kicking inside 50 (although Chad's Instruction is probably still bomb it to Dixon) (I'm still not convinced about Jones. I'd like to abit more consistency and poise. )
But I don't see any of them having the pace and/or ability to find enough of the ball on the wing.
Burgoyne and Sinn are yet to prove they are at afl standard. Boak way too old and slow. Wines just a ridiculous option.

Who plays wing?
Still not a balanced list for mine.

So 38 is the maximum number on the main list. We need to bring in a minimum of 3 players to the main list through draft or rookie. So at absolute minimum we must delist 3 players. So lycett and Hayes will be de-listed. One of fantasia and clurey must be delisted, probably both with clurey to be rookied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statistics disagree. Has the best 1v1 win rate out (in 2023) of all the key defenders on the list as it stands today
He is 30th out of 76. He was worse in this statistic than Dougal Howard and Billy Frampton that we have previously discarded.

The take away from this can be we aren't able to develop tall defenders, something Ratugolea requires or our defensive game is so bad that players play actively worse than their ability under our coaches' instruction.

Reading it like this I’m happy, Riolli+Soldo>Amon+Durrsma+’19’
I think the ins and outs are fine given we are adjusting to selection/strategy blues from previous years.

Filling list holes in Ruck and Tall defenders while creating (or allowing) a hole in your wings isn't great list management, most of the good teams have great wing players and we will be experimenting with different options.

Boak/Farrell/Bergman vs Sidebottom/Daicos/McCluggage/Langdon are mismatches that will get exploited in September.

You'd want to hope Sinn and Burgoyne show something this off-season.

There is no generic trade thread (that I can see) so I will stick this trade summary graphic in here.

So we pick up 4 players who are likely to play between 70 and 100 games between them for the club in 2024, barring a bad run with injury. Duursma hasn't played 20 games in a season since 2019 and played 13 out of 17 + 2 finals in a Covid reduced year.

Basically we net gave up our valuled picks ( ie past 70 has no great value), picks 41+49 and our 2024 F1.

Kids we would have drafted in 2023 probably only play 10 to 15 games max in 2024.

The trades are for here and now. We may have given up a bit too much or not got enough for Duursma, but these trades are about 2024 and 2025 seasons in the main. ie Hinkley's contract extension.

1697694553266.png

I think the ins and outs are fine given we are adjusting to selection/strategy blues from previous years.

Filling list holes in Ruck and Tall defenders while creating (or allowing) a hole in your wings isn't great list management, most of the good teams have great wing players and we will be experimenting with different options.

Boak/Farrell/Bergman vs Sidebottom/Daicos/McCluggage/Langdon are mismatches that will get exploited in September.

You'd want to hope Sinn and Burgoyne show something this off-season.

Nothing wrong with Farrell & Bergman.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we drafted KPD, they won’t be ready for years. It wouldn’t solve our current issue. Regardless of Ken I’d rather keep pushing for the title. We have invested in youth so we can skip a year or two.

Who knows who may leave getting us potentially back into the first round.

Statistics disagree. Has the best 1v1 win rate out (in 2023) of all the key defenders on the list as it stands today
This is like being the sexiest bloke at the Taylor Walker lookalike competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back