List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Quaynor and Idun are exactly who Jones should be trying to emulate.

Similarly, Farrell needs to look at Coleman and convince himself that he could be that good.

For me, the dilemma is where to play Bergman. He was exceptional this year every time he was given a daunting task in defence. Matches against Cameron and Greene stand out but there were others too. Yet, I’ve got a feeling he could become a brilliant centre square midfielder like Dawson. If we get BZT and Ratugolea, I’d be training Bergman as an inside-outside midfielder.

Wings for mine are Burgoyne, Duursma, Sinn and initially Jackson, before he moves to the centre square also.

This article says we are unable to trade our future 1st.

Surely some journalists can actually ask this question and get it properly clarified.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Without reading the article, that is correct. We have to get afl permission to do so. As we have not had a first rounder for the last 2 yrs.
Thems the rules

This article says we are unable to trade our future 1st.

Surely some journalists can actually ask this question and get it properly clarified.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The AFL can give special permission to a club to trade out their first round pick if their draft/list strategy over the years proves they know what they are doing.

I would think trading two first round draft picks in 2022 to get the number one draft pick of 2021 is exactly the sort of trading that would allow this. As would be the fact that since 2016, we have accumulated 10 first round picks when the average is 8.

If we want to trade our first round pick, we will be allowed to.

Similarly, Farrell needs to look at Coleman and convince himself that he could be that good.

For me, the dilemma is where to play Bergman. He was exceptional this year every time he was given a daunting task in defence. Matches against Cameron and Greene stand out but there were others too. Yet, I’ve got a feeling he could become a brilliant centre square midfielder like Dawson. If we get BZT and Ratugolea, I’d be training Bergman as an inside-outside midfielder.

Wings for mine are Burgoyne, Duursma, Sinn and initially Jackson, before he moves to the centre square also.
Quaynor and Idun took some time to reach their potential. They definitely had the skill but lacked composure.
Now they are well balanced and composed defenders who read the play beautifully. They know when to jump or stay down, mark or spoil, stay with their player or intercept etc..
They rarely lose their feet.
Ive no doubt that Jones will get there as long as he is persisted with so he can mature and is given licence to take the game on.

Any thoughts on Bergs playing as a medium sized forward? His competitiveness and marking ability stands out and could see him playing a Toby Greene, Robbie Gray, Breust, Fritsch type of roles ( acknowledging the forwards mentioned are a diverse bunch).
Surely a better option than Mac'n'Cheese?

Any thoughts on Bergs playing as a medium sized forward? His competitiveness and marking ability stands out and could see him playing a Toby Greene, Robbie Gray, Breust, Fritsch type of roles ( acknowledging the forwards mentioned are a diverse bunch).

Our back 6 is falling apart. He can't be everywhere.

I just think he could be a smooth moving, long kicking, athletic beast as a midfielder who moves between the centre-square and wing. He gets so much respect from me for the way he played in the SF. His drive from HB in the first quarter and competitiveness and contested ball winning against Greene after half-time were first class. He’s become a much better contested ball winner in the air and on the ground.
Given what is currently a dynamic midfield but one that lacked clearance winning ability against the better sides in finals, Bergman could be a super addition to complement the others we have there. I’d love him to model his game on Dawson and be just as good.

The forward line clearly needs a boost, and we’re just going to have to be smart recruiting new players who make McEntee and DBJ completely redundant for ever, so that even Hinkley can’t pick them. Perhaps JHF becomes a more consistent threat when resting there too.

Our draft and trading this year will be dependent on the 2024 draft where I think we have a few options with Father, Son with Louie Montgomery, Rome Burgoyne and Ky Burgoyne. I think they are tracking well. I don't know where these guys play. So it might be one of those years we pick up big guys and goal kickers.

I think Bergman has too much potential value elsewhere. I wouldn't mind seeing Burton tried in this sort of role, a medium lead up forward, since he's generally pretty underwhelming everywhere else on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Burton tried in this sort of role, a medium lead up forward, since he's generally pretty underwhelming everywhere else on the ground.
One thing Burton is good at is kicking.
He can make the distance from 55 easy.
Always thought he would be a better go up forward than Jed but that’s not a big wrap.

Quaynor and Idun took some time to reach their potential. They definitely had the skill but lacked composure.
Now they are well balanced and composed defenders who read the play beautifully. They know when to jump or stay down, mark or spoil, stay with their player or intercept etc..
They rarely lose their feet.
Ive no doubt that Jones will get there as long as he is persisted with so he can mature and is given licence to take the game on.
Just note that Quaynor has played around 85 AFL games, Coleman over 60, and Idun around 40.

Given Jones has only played around 20 injury interrupted games, and been tried in several positions, I'd be trying to get another 30 or so matches into him in a streak before making a definitive opinion.

Quick, athletic, huge spring, thumping kick, doesn't lack ticker.
When he feels he belongs at the level, I'm fairly confident that his fumbles and sometimes errant disposal will be a thing of the past.

We tried burton up forward this year.

It’s clear his best role is as a medium defender, a role we all loved and lauded his reliability until our idiot coach moved him around cause in his eyes it was better to sacrifice burtons game than maintain structure if that meant blooding a young key defender.

It’s clear we leave burton where he’s played his best football for us and stop ****ing around and then throwing our hands up in the air and asking “hmmm what could have gone wrong I don’t understand”.

sex pistols GIF by Vevo

We're the future
Your future

Burgoyne fell off the cliff a tad in his development this year but I hope he isn't trade material just yet.
Re Scholl, with all due respect who would trade for him, the Morphettville apprentice jockey school?
Burgoyne learnt this year what it takes to be a professional footballer.. I reckon a good offseason and then full on preseason and he should be ready to take off..

We need to turn him Into a player like Coleman. But he needs to be solid one on one

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back