List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

If we drafted KPD, they won’t be ready for years. It wouldn’t solve our current issue. Regardless of Ken I’d rather keep pushing for the title. We have invested in youth so we can skip a year or two.

Who knows who may leave getting us potentially back into the first round.
To be fair, we drafted young defenders last year. Marshall, McCallum and even Pasini could all prove to be AFL capable but the first two are 2-3 years away from being ready to debut, and Pasini is coming a long way back after the season he's had.

Similarly, our tall forward department has some youth to develop (Scully, Lord) behind Marshall, Dixon and Finlayson.

What we really lack for is high productivity small forwards of any age group (Rioli and SPP the only exceptions) and genuine midfield depth behind the incumbent young stars. If Jackson and Sinn come on, it will make a big difference.

Dont
Any other club with more than half a brain - plan for the future and pick up players similar to those whom you lost.
Examples:

Brisbane lose gunston get ryan
Hawthorn lose brockman gain ginnivan
Collingwood lose ginnivan gain schultz
Essendon lose BZT gain McKay

Meanwhile us: Cop every tall spud we can think of and totally neglect small forward and wingers because we dont have enough capability and forward thinking to plan for them this year. Dont think we will pick up a small forward or winger of note with pick 900054 that will stay on our list for longer than 2 years and we set ourselves back even further with a bunch of father sons next year whom not totally familiar with but have equally low expectations. So in reality we have set ourselves back another 3 years just enough tome for hinkley to get the boot. I see what all the hugs in the showers is about now
be silly. Last pick 94 was used by us and that was the champion and life member Woodcock. We got this.

To be fair, we drafted young defenders last year. Marshall, McCallum and even Pasini could all prove to be AFL capable but the first two are 2-3 years away from being ready to debut, and Pasini is coming a long way back after the season he's had.

Similarly, our tall forward department has some youth to develop (Scully, Lord) behind Marshall, Dixon and Finlayson.

What we really lack for is high productivity small forwards of any age group (Rioli and SPP the only exceptions) and genuine midfield depth behind the incumbent young stars. If Jackson and Sinn come on, it will make a big difference.

What you are saying is our development is a graveyard?
What other team has players that take 4 years to get to AFL fitness and strength?
I understand the odd one, but all of them?

Melbourne is a coke den but they can run a game out and keep their feet.

I think I have a different take to most.
Clurey - is nothing more than expensive depth now.
Dixon - will be back up for lord. A full pre season for lord he will put on his 5 to 10kg he lost.
Wines - I just don't see any spot for him anywhere. Which is a shame. He needs to be midfield 80 percent of the game, but zero chance he's going to get that and he cant play any other position. Especially a wing
Boak - a little more versatile than ollie. So will get games but will be very limited.

All great depth if someone gets injured. But also a lot of money wasted and in Ollie's situation a lost opportunity to further his career possibly somewhere else as it will be wasted with us

My concern is 12 months from now.
We cannot and must not trade out any future picks.
With Tasmania coming soon the draft will be cooked.
Im expecting West Coast and North Melbourne to be poor again next year.
Wouldn't surprise me if WC put their hand out for assistance

Dixon - will be back up for lord. A full pre season for lord he will put on his 5 to 10kg he lost.
Wines - I just don't see any spot for him anywhere. Which is a shame. He needs to be midfield 80 percent of the game, but zero chance he's going to get that and he cant play any other position. Especially a wing
Boak - a little more versatile than ollie. So will get games but will be very limited.

All great depth if someone gets injured. But also a lot of money wasted and in Ollie's situation a lost opportunity to further his career possibly somewhere else as it will be wasted with us
Ollie will be fine in the guts until JHF builds up consistency.

Of course they will. If they finish 18th, they have every right to after the bs of north getting handouts for years of mismanagement. Afl has set a precedent and it’s their own fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to break it to you, but Ken will roll with Dixon as long as he can shuffle a few steps.. he's back up to no one.

I hate to break it to you, but Ken will roll with Dixon as long as he can shuffle a few steps.. he's back up to no one.

Dixon has been dropped before and I don't think they'll be scared to do it again.
If three of Lord, Georgiades, Marshall and Finlayson are in form then he should be out. Really he should have been delisted, because his body is shot.

They talk about a different model to set up Tassie.
Something that doesn't favour a side that happens to be at the top of cycle ie Hawks or screw over a team at the bottom of cycle ie North as was the GWS/Gold Coast model.

Soldo makes Dixon redundant.

07820a8afbad42c4b09bdba0ecb911fb.jpg

Is Cluery expensive? I thought he was on a 2 year deal

Clurey and Mead are both pretty much dead weights next season and it's a shame we couldn't offload them.

In desperate need of a small forward still, preferably a younger small forward with a nose for goal. I wouldn't want to go into next season with just Rioli, Evans and McEntee. Still think Newchurch might have something to offer in that regard.

Thought we filled most of the holes on the list but losing the first rounder next year was a mistake in my view. I still think a contracted Duursma + our other draft picks should have got it all over the line. Pretty happy to let go of Duursma although the return was rubbish.

Both Cripps and Davies have said that they think this draft is pretty weak and there will be more next year (which reflects my view as well after watching the U17 Futures game). How we get into the draft will be interesting.

We may also need future picks for F/S.

2024 - Louie Montgomery
2024 - Ky Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)
2024 - Rome Burgoyne

2025 - Jake Bishop
2025 - Ben Francou
2025 - Darcy Thurstans
2025 - Gill Wakelin (also FS eligible for St Kilda)
2025 - Charlie Wilson
2025 - Tom Wilson

2026 - Raphael Cornes
2026 - Louis Salopek
2026 - Nate Tredrea
2026 - Tevita Rodan
2026 - Percy Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)

We may also need future picks for F/S.

2024 - Louie Montgomery
2024 - Ky Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)
2024 - Rome Burgoyne

2025 - Jake Bishop
2025 - Ben Francou
2025 - Darcy Thurstans
2025 - Gill Wakelin (also FS eligible for St Kilda)
2025 - Charlie Wilson
2025 - Tom Wilson

2026 - Raphael Cornes
2026 - Louis Salopek
2026 - Nate Tredrea
2026 - Tevita Rodan
2026 - Percy Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)

We need pionts for T-Rod.

I'm too lazy to read back as I'm sure this is answered already.
Not including rookie status.
We have already or are letting go of 8 players
Jonas, Duursma, Fantasia, Hayes, Bonner, Teakle Lycett Barkla

We have 4 coming in and one late draft pick.
Is it then a matter of promoting Williams and picking 3 rookies?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back