List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely gross that Jed McEntee and Rory Atkins will be on our list next year but Tom Scully won't.

Esava struggled to fit in to our defensive mix this year but as a a complete newbie in defence he scored 24 coaches votes in 2023, including a perfect 10 against the crows. So he is capable of playing at a high level, and i reckon he has a higher ceiling than what Clurey ever had.
A lot of those coaches votes was Scott pumping up Esava's perceived value knowing he was going to Port. He even gave 5 votes for their game against us.... the only coaches votes he got.

The only value you can judge him by is his output for us and I'm not seeing it. We traded in a big body that lacks football smarts and I'm not convinced he's going to get smarter.

Having just updated the spreadsheet, we look to have need at:

1. KPF
2. KPD
3. Big bodied midfielder
4. Small forward
5. Medium forward
The biggest hole in our list currently is a 3rd tall forward who can chop out in the ruck. I’ve seen nothing to suggest Lord can do that and enough to know Finlayson can’t.

Ratugolea and Soldo can do the 20% ruck part but not sure either can hold down a spot in the forward line.

The biggest hole in our list currently is a 3rd tall forward who can chop out in the ruck. I’ve seen nothing to suggest Lord can do that and enough to know Finlayson can’t.

Ratugolea and Soldo can do the 20% ruck part but not sure either can hold down a spot in the forward line.
Could Lukosius fill that role?

Why delist McCallum and then wait to delist the others? Narkle and Evans sort of make sense as they were waiting on Richards but were there any other decisions pending that warranted the wait on Scully and Marshall? Had Soldo gone would we have kept Scully?

Out:
Main list: Dixon, McKenzie, Clurey, McCallum, Marshall, Scully, Houston
Rookie: Evans, Narkle

In:
Main list: lukoscious, Richards, Atkins, 4 free
Rookie: Evans, 1 free

2 cat Bs.

Why delist McCallum and then wait to delist the others? Narkle and Evans sort of make sense as they were waiting on Richards but were there any other decisions pending that warranted the wait on Scully and Marshall? Had Soldo gone would we have kept Scully?

Out:
Main list: Dixon, McKenzie, Clurey, McCallum, Marshall, Scully, Houston
Rookie: Evans, Narkle

In:
Main list: lukoscious, Richards, Atkins, 4 free
Rookie: Evans, 1 free

2 cat Bs.

Could Atkins be placed in the Rookie list instead of on the main?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if Rataoglea is playing SANFL. If he's still playing in the forward line at AFL level, then he isn't depth for the backline. And we end up robbing our forward line to cover a defensive injury.

And the backline at SANFL level will be inexperienced kids that are late picks in the draft that wouldn't even be playing Seniors if they were at an SANFL side. And we'll blame the SANFL for why our development path is so shit...

There is nothing more certain than ‘bomb it into Esava’.

So how many spots do we have available to use in the national draft as it stands?
From my understanding, the main list can have 38 spots max and the rookie list has a maximum of 6 spots. Mid-season drafts are rookie picks, so Narkle out and L. Evans in balanced out. As for the main list

Outs (8)
Dixon, Houston, McKenzie, Clurey, F Evans, Marshall, McCallum and Scully

Ins (3)
Atkins, Lukosius and Richards

So we should have 5 main list spots available 2 rookie spots.

Our rookies are crurrently Logan Evans, Jed McEnte, Xavier Walsh and Dylan Williams according to this site

From my understanding, the main list can have 38 spots max and the rookie list has a maximum of 6 spots. Mid-season drafts are rookie picks, so Narkle out and L. Evans in balanced out. As for the main list

Outs (8)

Ins (3)

So we should have 5 main list spots available 2 rookie spot.

Our rookies are crurrently Logan Evans, Jed McEnte, Xavier Walsh and Dylan Williams according to this site

If The Cheese is only a rookie, he'd surely be on minimum chips salary wise.

So why on earth would we not delist him.

Oh wait, I forgot his 6 possessions, 1.6 tackles, and 0.25 goals per game make him elite.

🙄😒

Outs (8)

Ins (3)

You forgot Narkle, but SPP comes back so it stays at 5.

Last edited:
So how many spots do we have available to use in the national draft as it stands?
We have five at the moment. The previous 4 delistings and trades prior to today were matched by Logan Evans moving onto the rookie list (required because he was previously just filling the vacancy left by SPP's injury) and the aquisition of Lukosius, Richards and Atkins.

We could potentially get Barrett as a category B rookie if he is overlooked in the main draft. We have a vacant spot for a Category B rookie we can fill without needing to delist one.

Outs (8)

Ins (3)

Does that include Jacob Moss who was added as a Cat B rookie late in the year?

Does that include Jacob Moss who was added as a Cat B rookie late in the year?
He’s in his own bucket, we can have up to 3 category B rookies at a time.

I believe our current list position is:
  • main list 33
  • rookie list 4
  • cat B 1

That means we can add 3-5 players to the main list, 0-2 rookies and 2 category B rookies.

Benny Barrett can be a cat B rookie as an NGA prospect but father/sons are normal rookies if they miss out in the national draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back