List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting at the bye to see who everyone thinks might be fighting for their positions at season's end.

Delisted/traded/retired/whatever:
Hartigan - had a two year contract from memory, need DGB and Blanck to move into the KD posts.
Downie - Not sure his body has ever given him a chance, but hasn't strung competitive performances at VFL either
Morris - Not sure we'd hold onto him if he can't make a defensive spot his in the seniors, which is kinda similar to Greaves last year. Doesn't add much forward.
Howe/Shiels/Phillips - You'd think one, maybe two goes. Phillips has age on his side, and I think he has a crack whenever he plays. Comes down to whether Shiels has been told this is his last season or not.
Callow/Jeka - again, one goes? Who has more tricks in the bag?
McEvoy - 50/50 on whether he retires. I would assume he'd like to go out on his terms, but depends on how serious that neck injury is. We'd still need another ruck on the list if Big Boy calls it a day - DBR as a sneaky rookie?
Saunders/Mitchell - Again, not much here to definitely say either will make it. Saunders more likely to move on, but a pick 29 has not even been near it to debut is concerning, regardless of injuries.
Worpel/JOM/Mitchell - I can't see JOM leaving. Depends what currency Worps and Tom have on the market - to be honest, have not noticed Worpel missing from the senior side the last few weeks which is concerning.

Forgetting anyone?

It would be interesting at the bye to see who everyone thinks might be fighting for their positions at season's end.

Hartigan - had a two year contract from memory, need DGB and Blanck to move into the KD posts.
Downie - Not sure his body has ever given him a chance, but hasn't strung competitive performances at VFL either
Morris - Not sure we'd hold onto him if he can't make a defensive spot his in the seniors, which is kinda similar to Greaves last year. Doesn't add much forward.
Howe/Shiels/Phillips - You'd think one, maybe two goes. Phillips has age on his side, and I think he has a crack whenever he plays. Comes down to whether Shiels has been told this is his last season or not.
McEvoy - 50/50 on whether he retires. I would assume he'd like to go out on his terms, but depends on how serious that neck injury is. We'd still need another ruck on the list if Big Boy calls it a day - DBR as a sneaky rookie?
Saunders/Mitchell - Again, not much here to definitely say either will make it. Saunders more likely to move on, but a pick 29 has not even been near it to debut is concerning, regardless of injuries.
Worpel/JOM/Mitchell - I can't see JOM leaving. Depends what currency Worps and Tom have on the market - to be honest, have not noticed Worpel missing from the senior side the last few weeks which is concerning.

Forgetting anyone?

Morris is still contracted for next season I believe.

Forgetting anyone?

Good summary.

I like Howe but just wonder what position he plays as we get better? He seems to rotate between half back, wingman or onballer, sometimes with a run with role.

As a medium defender I would prefer CJ, Day, Srimmers, etc.

As a wingman I think Bramble and Morrison are probably better and would rather see what Maginness can do or Ward, if playing him on the wing is the only way we can get him into the side.

As an onballer we just have better options with the emergence of Jai and Nash and the kids.

Unless Howe has a really strong second half, I would not be concerned if he was let go to free up a spot.

If Howe can’t find another club definitely worth a 1 year deal as depth can play anywhere and is hard at it
This already happened last year.

Interesting even Slobbo gets on the Geelong Worpel move. Only six months late, but the jungle drums still beat. If we got Geelongs (pick 33-34) second rounder (which would be our minimum according to a quality source) and a low second rounder or even high first for TOM, I could see us bundle them up for 10-13 at the Draft. 5,11 and 23 would be needed and nice to have.

We have trade/FA cash. We have made it clear to both McStay and Amon management, but also made it clear we won’t be used. Neither have played their hands but One will stay and the other is StKilda bound if you follow the tea leaves.

I have no reason to believe we won’t be aggressive in trying to improve the List. We were last year without any biters, I understand we will be trying our best.
Why would we possibly go after McStay? That would be a terrible move at the price they are quoting Brisbane are offering.

Why would we possibly go after McStay? That would be a terrible move at the price they are quoting Brisbane are offering.

I find McStay’s output to be very underwhelming. He averages 1 goal per game. We already have four key forwards on the list. I really don’t see the need for him.

I find McStay’s output to be very underwhelming. He averages 1 goal per game. We already have four key forwards on the list. I really don’t see the need for him.
Unless he can play FB, which I've not seen him do*

*maybe he has, but I've not seen it

Forgetting anyone?
I think both Jeka and Callow get another year. KP players generally take a little extra time to develop and both have shown signs. Jeka has the attributes but needs a bit more size and Callow seems to have no issues finding the ball and can clunk them but lacks core strength currently for AFL.

Jaeger's partner lives in WA doesn't she? Maybe he played so well on the weekend because he felt comfortable being back there for a little period over the bye now.

I'd love to keep Jaeger as he's had a good year to be honest, and he'd probably be high in the BnF.

Worpel for a 2nd would be nice and the move. But Worpel is good when Tom isn't there, so do we try to keep one of them?
Wingers to me is the best expendable as he is a 'cream' kind of player, but that doesn't seem to be on the cards at all.

Question, were people on here keen to move Crawf on 06,07? Saying that he won't be part of the next premiership? Always find that an interesting comment.

Jaeger's partner lives in WA doesn't she? Maybe he played so well on the weekend because he felt comfortable being back there for a little period over the bye now.

I'd love to keep Jaeger as he's had a good year to be honest, and he'd probably be high in the BnF.

Worpel for a 2nd would be nice and the move. But Worpel is good when Tom isn't there, so do we try to keep one of them?
Wingers to me is the best expendable as he is a 'cream' kind of player, but that doesn't seem to be on the cards at all.

Question, were people on here keen to move Crawf on 06,07? Saying that he won't be part of the next premiership? Always find that an interesting comment.
Crawf was heart and soul, Hawthorn. He wasn't traded in, so it's a different scenario in many minds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crawf was heart and soul, Hawthorn. He wasn't traded in, so it's a different scenario in many minds.
My gut tells me most of the names mentioned will finish their careers as Hawthorn players. If they were to be traded, 2021 was the year. No takers. So why would there be now, and if so, why would we take a worse offer - which it would be.

We're better off holding and having them help guide the younger players. We're simply not going to get the value we want.

My gut tells me most of the names mentioned will finish their careers as Hawthorn players. If they were to be traded, 2021 was the year. No takers. So why would there be now, and if so, why would we take a worse offer - which it would be.

We're better off holding and having them help guide the younger players. We're simply not going to get the value we want.
Value is not always measured in terms of trade or draft picks. What does it mean for the team?

Jack Crisp has been a wonderful example of what can happen. A fine young man who has worked at his game, relied on his skill, worked at his hardness, consistentancy, and leadership.

Well done Jack.

The hardest thing about reading the last 3 pages was doing it with 1 eye shut.
Conclusion- no one had any idea and I’m glad your not part of the recruiting team.. …
More youf
Go to bed, you dero!

Hawks are making small steps. Yes we are scoring now and applying more pressure but defensive structures need some serious work as we can be scored against very easily in patches.

In regards to our senior players I can’t see any of them being moved. Mitchell will see this year as a learning/development year if we end up with 7 or 8 wins from here.

Wingard Breust Gunston O’meara Mitchell have little trade value and will remain at the Hawks unless Gunners chases the cash and security as a free agent like Isaac Smith did.

Perhaps someone like Freo might consider O’meara as a replacement for Mundy for a few years especially if they are in the window but they are not going to give up anything of note to get him. Second round pick sort of thing possibly so can’t see the Hawks doing that deal while we need senior players to lead the group.

Mcstay would not be seriously on our radar with Lewis Kosi Jeka and Callow on the list unless we see him as a KPD to replace Hartigan .

I think we will see us hold our nerve and go to the draft with whatever picks we have again and try and keep adding to Day, Ward and DGB.

The key issue is cap pressure. A lot of clubs seemed to have Ade assumptions about a continually increasing cap...then COVID. It was a bad time to try and move on players across the comp last year. Not sure if enough has changed yet but I guess we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back