LIVE Federal Election Coverage 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Predicting that the Coalition will win with a smaller majority in the lower house. The big winners will be the minor parties and independents in the Senate.

First election party I will be missing, going to the footy.:(
Could be a double bummer:'(
Collingwood supporters should be used to this by now.

In 2010, we played Adelaide on election night and in 2013 Elimination Final against Port we also played on election night.

Ah, Tangney. Is he even a remote chance of retaining the seat? Enjoyed following his spat with his former party.

I think he might get 15-20% of the vote. Won't be enough to get him past Labor.

Initially I thought he might get more like 5-10%, but he's put a lot of effort into the campaign - certainly more than he ever did as a Liberal.

Comment overheard while voting: "It's like filling out the Dead Sea Scrolls" #ausvotes

Overheard at polling booth: "you shouldn't have to wait half an hour to vote ... you should pay me to vote" #ausvotes

What are people's thoughts on the chances of the Greens winning Batman, Melbourne Ports and possibly Higgins as well?

I think Batman is the most likely, especially with the recent scrutiny and criticism that David Feeney has faced.
Batman will go to the Greens. Ball from all reports has run a stellar campaign in Higgins but will likely fall just short to Sophie the 2nd. Absolutely no idea in Melbourne Ports, could go any of 3 ways

What are people's thoughts on the chances of the Greens winning Batman, Melbourne Ports and possibly Higgins as well?

I think Batman is the most likely, especially with the recent scrutiny and criticism that David Feeney has faced.

I'd say they are favourites in Batman. Melbourne Ports doesn't work in their favour as the vote for Danby is too high. Higgins is a pipe dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reports of a Greens volunteer being bitten in Higgins doesnt surprise me. Was handing out HTV's for Greens in safe Liberal seat on Gold Coast and some of the ferals that would hurl abuse and get aggressive was unbelievable. Got called "Commie scum" and all sorts of colourful things.

Mainly the ones that did were the One Nation or LNP voters.

The reports of a Greens volunteer being bitten in Higgins doesnt surprise me. Was handing out HTV's for Greens in safe Liberal seat on Gold Coast and some of the ferals that would hurl abuse and get aggressive was unbelievable. Got called "Commie scum" and all sorts of colourful things.

Mainly the ones that did were the One Nation or LNP voters.

FEAR OF A GREEN PLANET

Channel 7 have an Ejector seat and a Tower of power

+1

" Coming up next , Alan Jones interviews Tony " THE RED SKULL " Abbott

minus 7 trillion

Lol Latham giving Alan jones the leer already

EDIT - Jones already worshipping on his knees in front of our esteemed hydra leader - have a shot lads
-

I feel sorry for you poor bastards that don't have a game on tonight at the G and have to slog through 3 hours of election coverage. :p

Anyhow, I voted for a bunch of minor party progressives in the Victorian senate ballot, much to the chagrin of my rusted-on Liberal-voting neighbour.

Yesterday I put a bet on Labour @ $8. About an hour ago they were in at $6.50 and just now they're in at $5.50.

Brexit taught me to trust the polls, not the odds, and this is going that way so far...

And, yeah, I know they haven't started counting/making results public.

Remove this Banner Ad

LIVE Federal Election Coverage 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back