Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate - its not Hodge people are complaining about... it's his club for doing nothing because its their star player and in the lead up to finals.
Given that many other clubs have suspended players (including for finals) for similar, or much lesser, indiscretions.

Nah, plenty of people have had a go at Hodge in this thread.

Seems to me like people just want to see the Hawks fall over in finals so are making a bigger fuss over this than it deserves. It would just be so stupid to punish the whole team because Hodge didn't wait another 20 minutes before driving.

Its because the only words coming out of Hodge's and the Clubs mouths seem to be taking the same stance as many on here who are defending him are taking: "oh it was just a few", "he was just over", "he felt ok to drive"... that is weak, particularly when one of his club's senior officials just lost his son in a drink driving accident.

Quite clearly this is not correct. Hodge has expressed remorse and acknowledges that he made the wrong decision to drive. The club have released a statement reiterating the "if in doubt take a taxi" message and have stated their disappointment in Hodge's lack of judgement.

Linking this to the death of Ratten's son is pretty tasteless IMO, where a young inexperienced driver lost control of a car on a foggy night while speeding. However, it's a great example of how hyperbolic some are being.

You can and more but the insurance will play hardball if you get an accident at those speeds. Never stopped me but if you fly off the road it would be similar to having a heads on with both vehicles going 100.
I found it very tiring, roads become narrow and any traffic joining, you are closing in on them with 80-100. It isn't cruising.

Incorrect. 2 vehicles hitting each other head on both going 100km/h is the same impact as 1 car hitting a stationary object at 100km/h (not 200km/h)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, plenty of people have had a go at Hodge in this thread.

Seems to me like people just want to see the Hawks fall over in finals so are making a bigger fuss over this than it deserves. It would just be so stupid to punish the whole team because Hodge didn't wait another 20 minutes before driving.

Quite clearly this is not correct. Hodge has expressed remorse and acknowledges that he made the wrong decision to drive. The club have released a statement reiterating the "if in doubt take a taxi" message and have stated their disappointment in Hodge's lack of judgement.

Linking this to the death of Ratten's son is pretty tasteless IMO, where a young inexperienced driver lost control of a car on a foggy night while speeding. However, it's a great example of how hyperbolic some are being.

Yeah, the leader of the premiers getting done as a 31 year old bloke is way more forgivable than a young bloke who probably doesn't know better...

What a fine example.

Isn't it just great the way the Poos+Wees posters have deteriorated this thread into a slanging match?My Schadenfreude is going way off the scale lol I just can't stop reading! It's kind of like morbid curiosity lol

You don't even see the Hypocrisy here do you?
Wow, you speak German too!!! What a talent, Just tell me though whose misfortune are are you revelling in?

Hodge was a dick for drink driving, most HFC fans agree. I would also suggest that the epicaricacy shown by yourself isn't a virtue, try and take some enjoyment from your own team rather than the misfortune of others. It's very inappropriate that you are taking joy in the fact that Hodge could have killed someone on the road just so you can let rip with your original and witty "Poo and Wee" jibes.

Incorrect. 2 vehicles hitting each other head on both going 100km/h is the same impact as 1 car hitting a stationary object at 100km/h (not 200km/h)
Wow, if you are going to correct someone's physics knowledge at least have a basic understanding yourself.
I suppose if both cars were travelling at 100 km/h at nearly identical directions then the impact would be minimal. I'm pretty sure the original poster said or implied a Head on collision though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back