Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Awaiting Dawson Simpson's opportunity to get on the front foot about his DUI. If he lets people know he's into dogs and making furniture they'll forget about anything he's done wrong.

It would be no different if it was Stevie J who had done it mate. Certain players have the right links.

It was sickening though for sure.

What a giant surprise that the entire media outlet is getting behind him, just typical. After they rip into "irresponsible" people like Charlie Dixon for having a glass of red wine. Absolutely ridiculous.
Hilarious. You'd have thought Dixon murdered someone the way they went on about it. But Hodgy, he's a top bloke mayyyyyyte.

That 'interview' on fox footy was one of the most laughable things I have ever seen.

Firstly they play a lead-in when players are talking about that a gun he is.

Then McGuire elaborates on what a great a bloke he is, apologises for asking the question, then answers for him.

Hodge is a thug on field, has had various battles off field with extra-curricular habits, and has endangered lives with this.

Enough.

That 'interview' on fox footy was one of the most laughable things I have ever seen.

Firstly they play a lead-in when players are talking about that a gun he is.

Then McGuire elaborates on what a great a bloke he is, apologises for asking the question, then answers for him.

Hodge is a thug on field, has had various battles off field with extra-curricular habits, and has endangered lives with this.

Enough.

Well said, it's an absolute disgrace.

How about the proven fact that drink driving increases that risk dramatically and all people are taught this. Seriously stupid attempt there

Logical fallacy.

okay just say being over the legal limit increases your risk of crashing a car by 50 times.

now lets assume luke hodge has held a drivers license for about 15 years (5478 days). lets assume he drives a car on average 2 occasions every day.
= 10,956 occasions where he's driven a car in his life.

i'm not sure what his road traffic accident record is like but lets assume he's had 2 reasonably serious crashes in his life.

therefore his historical probability of crashing a car under normal circumstances is 2/10956 or %0.01825

now if having a .068 blood alcohol level increases risk of crashing by 50 times (generous, it's more like 20 but we'll go with 50 for arguments sake) then the probability becomes 100/10956 = 0.9% chance of having a major accident....less than 1% or greater than 100-1.

by comparison carlton was 18-1 to beat hawthorn today. see? it's highly highly unlikely that luke hodge was gonna have serious accident even under influence of alcohol.

so all things considered, he should be fined, he should lose his license and we all need to get over it. hawks shouldn't drop him and this public outrage needs to tone down.

.....man i should be a lobbyist for johnny walker!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So not "any of us" but "a very select few of us". My point stands.

Anyone in a government or defence force job would lose their job. I'm in the Air Force and I certainly would. Public image and such.

Anyone in a government or defence force job would lose their job. I'm in the Air Force and I certainly would. Public image and such.

I don't know if you would lose your job but you would be given a notice to show cause and depending on how good of a person you were you would stay in but be ineligible for promotion and charged under DFDA

Some Hawthorn fans in here are genuinely disgraceful. Defending drink driving says a lot about a person, pull your heads in. Pathetic from Hodge and you morons defending him.

I don't know if you would lose your job but you would be given a notice to show cause and depending on how good of a person you were you would stay in but be ineligible for promotion and charged under DFDA

Depends on the range, if it's med-high range I'd be in serious strife as aircrew. And yeah, DFDA or notice to show cause would be a certainty even for low level.

okay just say being over the legal limit increases your risk of crashing a car by 50 times.

now lets assume luke hodge has held a drivers license for about 15 years (5478 days). lets assume he drives a car on average 2 occasions every day.
= 10,956 occasions where he's driven a car in his life.

i'm not sure what his road traffic accident record is like but lets assume he's had 2 reasonably serious crashes in his life.

therefore his historical probability of crashing a car under normal circumstances is 2/10956 or %0.01825

now if having a .068 blood alcohol level increases risk of crashing by 50 times (generous, it's more like 20 but we'll go with 50 for arguments sake) then the probability becomes 100/10956 = 0.9% chance of having a major accident....less than 1% or greater than 100-1.

by comparison carlton was 18-1 to beat hawthorn today. see? it's highly highly unlikely that luke hodge was gonna have serious accident even under influence of alcohol.

so all things considered, he should be fined, he should lose his license and we all need to get over it. hawks shouldn't drop him and this public outrage needs to tone down.

.....man i should be a lobbyist for johnny walker!!

Defending the indefensible.

So what are you suggesting Alcohol should be banned ?

No did I say that. It's incredible the amount of scare stuff on ice

Alcohol related harm is way way more than ice. Ask any emergency worker or ambo driver ...hospital staff

Alcohol and it's abuse is way bigger than meth ......it's just meth gets all the media

No did I say that. It's incredible the amount of scare stuff on ice

Alcohol related harm is way way more than ice. Ask any emergency worker or ambo driver ...hospital staff

Alcohol and it's abuse is way bigger than meth ......it's just meth gets all the media

Wrong again, Hodgey gets all the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back