Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not punishing the club is the most bullshit of excuses.
The club decides what punishment Hodge deserves - regardless of the fact that it is finals, and regardless of the impact on the rest of the group.
Whatever decision they would've made in round 1 THEY MUST make the same call in round 23. You can't make exceptions. You can't pick when a punishment will apply.
You can argue what the level of punishment from the club might be.
YOU CANNOT ARGUE that the fact it is finals, or the "impact on the club" should somehow influence that decision.

I don't need to argue it, the club will decide that in-house.:)

What hypocrisy?....The matter will be dealt with in-house, just like any other family does.

Calling yourself the Family Club, then (initially) releasing a statement that the captain of said Family Club would receive no punishment from the Family Club for going DUI.

Sets a pretty good example though, I suppose.

Calling yourself the Family Club, then (initially) releasing a statement that the captain of said Family Club would receive no punishment from the Family Club for going DUI.

Sets a pretty good example though, I suppose.

The leadership group will decide on the severity of any further punishment on Monday.

Any outside influences, such as opposition fans screaming for his head or a suspension, will be given the due heed it necessitates....NONE:thumbsu:....Cue the indignant outrage.:)

The leadership group will decide on the severity of any further punishment on Monday.

Any outside influences, such as opposition fans screaming for his head or a suspension, will be given the due heed it necessitates....NONE:thumbsu:....Cue the indignant outrage.:)

Why has it changed from "no further punishment" to " leadership group will meet about it" in the space of a day?

Why has it changed from "no further punishment" to " leadership group will meet about it" in the space of a day?

The club has said it won't punish him any further, though he is still answerable to the players code of ethics internally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I was a kid, a bloke had been out drinking until the early hours of the morning. He got his head down and then, driving to work at about 8am, he drove into a bus stop and killed 8 kids from my school. He was still slightly over the limit, even though he'd been home and been to sleep.

Try asking the parents and siblings of those kids if they think this is on the less serious side of illegal activity. Think how many lives that guy stuffed up, including his own.

If I've had even 1 beer I don't even think about getting behind the wheel, let alone after 4 pints FFS.

Do you have a link to the news article ? You think kill 8 kids would make the news

You must be another who's never exceeded the speed limit.

Listen lets stop this crap. I read a poster last night on your own Hawthorn board whose sister was killed by a driver with the very same reading as your heroic skipper. The guy was appalled (despite being a Hawthorn fan) that this is been brushed under carpet as a meaningless transgression by his fellow supporters. maybe think before you post this rubbish??

76% of fatal accidents involve drivers reading 0.0 BAC. A one off incident doesn't prove a dam thing.

the facts are clear, that low level bac makes little to no difference as far as risk of a crash goes.

That's why most western countries have a 0.08 limit.

To be fair, I'd say most things done by the leadership groups in these sorts of regards are done due to outside influences.

Pretty sure Hodge has come out and said he was stupid from the outset.
t
76% of fatal accidents involve drivers reading 0.0 BAC. A one off incident doesn't prove a dam thing.

the facts are clear, that low level bac makes little to no difference as far as risk of a crash goes.

That's why most western countries have a 0.08 limit.
the lengths you will go to to defend this bogan are sickening frankly

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back