Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we don't know what has been offered. Swans might want 44 and not a F3, and we don't want to give that up.
We'll find out what happens.
So much this. Seems a bit rich to blame Brady for not getting the deal done, while simultaneously demanding he give up no more than our previously stated offer of 62

Why are we the only ones who struggle to get a trade done for a player who nominates us?
I think this reflects very poorly on Sydney.
Parker has been a great servant for them, done everything one could ask of a player and now that he want to extend his career and move back to Melbourne, Sydney are asking an outrageous price for him.

I think this reflects very poorly on Sydney.
Parker has been a great servant for them, done everything one could ask of a player and now that he want to extend his career and move back to Melbourne, Sydney are asking an outrageous price for him.

Nothing reflects on anyone until the trade period ends and we see who blinks. Not unreasonable for Sydney to hold out to see what they can get - including to see if other deals throw up other pick options, and not unreasonable for us to hold out. Then in the last 24 hours if no-one has blinked presumably sense prevails. That's just a reasonable approach to a ridiculously drawn out trade period.

There’s a lot of posters in this thread and the main thread saying that pick 44 will move in a lot due to bids, but that’s unlikely to happen.

I think most might be forgetting that when a F/S or academy player is bid on, them being inserted into the draft then pushes all picks back a spot. So, if two picks are used to match a bid then the later picks only move up by one spot.

Added to that, the need to match list spots to draft picks only applies prior to the start of the draft. Once the draft starts, that rule goes and we typically see clubs that need to match bids then trade their picks in the 20s and 30s for more later picks.

That’s not to mention the fact that F/S and academy players often seem to go later in the draft than anticipated, requiring clubs to use less points to match.

What has actually happened in the past is picks in the 30s get pushed back, picks in the 40s stay about the same, picks in the 50s come in a bit and picks after that come in a lot.

I hope we keep pick 44 and only hand over pick 62 for Parker, but that pick 44 will still end up in the 40s - not the 30s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney are a bunch of campaigners. They have our ****ing FS playing for em.
f u middle finger GIF by Midland

I’m assuming we’re hoping to acquire a pick between 44 and 62.

I would have thought the Swans would prefer to deal in futures for the points.

Alternatively why **** over someone who has given you 298 high quality games of service and is wanting to move to extend their career?
Given the Swans have waved goodbye to Luke at their B&F, doesn’t it make sense to get any other deals/jockeying out of the way first and finalise Luke at the very end of the process. Why rush it when you know you’re going to do it in the end anyway? It doesn’t necessarily equate to us not being able to get deals done, in my view. Of course, if it all falls through, that would be an entirely different story. 🤣

44 is fair for Luke.

We got Pick 30 for Shaun Higgins

Not sure hanging onto a third round pick inspires me with too much confidence. With very few exceptions, we couldn't hit a barn door after pick 25.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back