Confirmed Luke Parker - traded with Jacob Konstanty to North Melbourne for pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

He was injured and suspended most of the games he didn’t play

4 straight games in the VFL didn't he?

Again, if he's as valuable as Sydney think he is, why not extend another year?

Solid deal for North in the end. I think pick 44 was fair, so to get Konstanty thrown in is a sold return.

Konstanty getting thrown in is probably inconsequential from the Swans perspective, with Cleary, Wicks and maybe Hanily all ahead of him, given none of them were best 22 by the end of the year. Fair chance he would have been delisted next year unless something changed dramatically. Seems North had been sniffing there for a while, so it makes sense.

Solid deal for North in the end. I think pick 44 was fair, so to get Konstanty thrown in is a sold return.

Konstanty getting thrown in is probably inconsequential from the Swans perspective, with Cleary, Wicks and maybe Hanily all ahead of him, given none of them were best 22 by the end of the year. Fair chance he would have been delisted next year unless something changed dramatically. Seems North had been sniffing there for a while, so it makes sense.
So he is a small forward - was he ok in the VFL?

So he is a small forward - was he ok in the VFL?
He had some standout games, but doesn't get much of the football so if he's not hitting the scoreboard, he can lack influence.

I'm guessing you guys were keen on him for his tackling numbers:

He had some standout games, but doesn't get much of the football so if he's not hitting the scoreboard, he can lack influence.

I'm guessing you guys were keen on him for his tackling numbers:
I agree. Our f50 pressure has been diabolical. Throw Darling (who can still tackle), Parker, and maybe Konts into the equation, and that goes a decent way to ameliorating one of our worst weaknesses.

Question I'm wondering is whether Parker gets to be C or VC straight off the bat. I wouldn't be against it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Luke Parker - traded with Jacob Konstanty to North Melbourne for pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Back