Magpies (2013) Draft Windfall - Edwards and Haggerty

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't worry too much about the frame. He's definitely got the ability to put muscle on, based on this pic:

1626051.jpg

Action pics can be deceptive, but give him next year plus two or 3 preseasons with us and I doubt he'll be built like Brad Dick.

I wonder where he'll store his 2015 Brownlow?

Word out of the Westpac centre is that we are in advanced talks to send out Pendlebury, Thomas and Cloke to make sure we have plenty of salary cap room to re-sign the wunderkind after his first contract is up. Great to see them planning ahead!

So apparently edwards is the next rioli, and a faster krakour... oh boy, here we go again :rolleyes:.

Is he eligible to play VFL next year?
No, comes under the AFL's carnie act. "You have to be this tall (insert pic)to get on the VFL ride."

Betts is 173, I think, and Blairy 174, so 16something is 'carnie' short.
Nah just a silly Simpsons reference. Carnie= carnival worker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So apparently edwards is the next rioli, and a faster krakour... oh boy, here we go again :rolleyes:.

Is he eligible to play VFL next year?

Many people had high hopes for mooney too a year prior to him joining, now u are all over him like a rash mate. Sometimes people are right sometimes they aren't, just go with it and be happy that there is a kid coming through who can mesmerise watchers! You don't need to shoot down every single thread about every single prospect just so u can say I told u so.

The only Jed I know is Jed Clampett.

A slick mover, young Jed :)

My footy mate's son played for Scotch last year in their firsts and he reckons Elijah has every chance in the world of making it.

Says his second and third efforts are amazing.

Re his height, perhaps that's overrated a bit - has Cyril ever really suffered from being short, if so I've not noticed it. But skinny is a worry to a greater extent probably - but he's already more solid than Dick was, and a few years at the Pies will see him solidify like Seedsman has done.

Pretty confident he'll be a real asset.

The only Jed I know is Jed Clampett.
You know Jed Clampett?

Will you ask Ellie-May if she'd like to join me in the ceement pond?

I got a varmint she ain't seen yet!

Sorry, Ellie May is busy, but Miss Hathaway is keen.
Camilla, I mean Hathaway, crap they both look like horses.
Maybe I'll just eat possum pie.

Many people had high hopes for mooney too a year prior to him joining, now u are all over him like a rash mate. Sometimes people are right sometimes they aren't, just go with it and be happy that there is a kid coming through who can mesmerise watchers! You don't need to shoot down every single thread about every single prospect just so u can say I told u so.

I was all over mooney hartley and witts before they joined like everyone else.. i am just as guilty as the rest of this board i won't deny that. I'm just pointing out, here we go again ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Magpies (2013) Draft Windfall - Edwards and Haggerty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back