Major Club Announcement (1/2/10) - FiveAA

Remove this Banner Ad

It would have to be major sponsor or retirement as many have said here before me.

The retirement would have to be massive to warrant all the players to attend. Has one of the over 30yr old players not been at training for the last couple of weeks could be the clue.

My guess is a major sponsor. Short odds offered here.
:p

My guess,

1 or more of the 4 elder statesmen will announce retirement and the club will declare 2010 a testimonial season in honour of the impending retiree/s.

With Trigg, Craigy and the whole squad there, and no whispers of player issues or retirements, surely a Toyota Camry Hybrid/20th year circus?

Does anyone have any idea of where and when press conferences like this happen? We are in Adelaide and have booked into the Monday tour at midday. Planning to get to training around 10.30. Going back home Tuesday morning, so Monday is our only chance - hope training and the tour aren't mucked up. :mad:

On the other hand, might be fun to be there while whatever it is happens if it really is a big deal. :)

I don't know any BF posters by sight, but if you happen to see a large (tall & overweight :eek:), older fan in a '98 'Back to Back Premiers' top, chances are that will be me, do say hello.:thumbsu:

With Trigg, Craigy and the whole squad there, and no whispers of player issues or retirements, surely a Toyota Camry Hybrid/20th year circus?

Does anyone have any idea of where and when press conferences like this happen? We are in Adelaide and have booked into the Monday tour at midday. Planning to get to training around 10.30. Going back home Tuesday morning, so Monday is our only chance - hope training and the tour aren't mucked up. :mad:

On the other hand, might be fun to be there while whatever it is happens if it really is a big deal. :)

I don't know any BF posters by sight, but if you happen to see a large (tall & overweight :eek:), older fan in a '98 'Back to Back Premiers' top, chances are that will be me, do say hello.:thumbsu:

I would say it will be on the floor in the main training facility. They basically extended an open invitation to all media for this presser at 9.30am. So press conference, training straight after. Your tour won't be affected at all I imagine, as the media would be then gone or getting training footage and they would either move the table and backdrop whilst the training is on or leave it up for the tour to see, be a good little insight into that. Personally I'd let you all stand in front of the backdrop for a photo op, but I'm not in charge. I'd be asking tho' if it was still up ;)

It's almost certainly a new sponsorship deal.

I'm hoping we've decided to sponsor Port Adelaide :p:thumbsu: I'd love to see them run around with a few Crows logos on their guernsey, and hear Ebert on the radio dropping a few plugs fur us :D

Stabby, we were supposed to just have some conjecture about retirements and Camry sponsorship, we weren't supposed to let the cat out of the bag like that.

so fine

2e38jm8.jpg

I'm hoping we've decided to sponsor Port Adelaide :p:thumbsu: I'd love to see them run around with a few Crows logos on their guernsey, and hear Ebert on the radio dropping a few plugs fur us :D

I thought that we were already sponsoring them, albeit indirectly, since their financial handouts really eventually come from us.

Maybe we're taking over the sponsorship of the Thunderbirds...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stabby, we were supposed to just have some conjecture about retirements and Camry sponsorship, we weren't supposed to let the cat out of the bag like that.

so fine

2e38jm8.jpg

Their new match day guernsey has leaked! :eek:

portadelaideguernsey.jpg

Personally I think it's a major upgrade on anything they've produced before. :thumbsu:

Rather than a player, might it be one of the administrators (eg Triggy) who is retiring/moving on?
Could be anything really.
God it's boring in the off season. Have to resort to speculating as to why the Crows are having a meeting!

Rather than a player, might it be one of the administrators (eg Triggy) who is retiring/moving on?
Could be anything really.
God it's boring in the off season. Have to resort to speculating as to why the Crows are having a meeting!

Unlikely to be a player retirement. Announcement of a testimonial year for Goodwin? Maybe...

Triggy has had some health issues the last year or so (double hip replacement), but is still a young man. Would hate for him to go. In fact would be devastated if S Trigg were to leave in the next 5 years, though he has been at the club for close to 15 seasons now. Why would any senior admin. person leave now, when we are again on the brink, unless it was due to health or similar issues?

But if the three heads in vision at the presser are Goodwin, Craig and Trigg, its unlikely to be about a 4th person not present.

My hope - AFC outwits PAPs in securing major 4 year sponsorship coup!!!

Their new match day guernsey has leaked! :eek:

portadelaideguernsey.jpg

Personally I think it's a major upgrade on anything they've produced before. :thumbsu:

Hope you don't mind, but this is wasted here...have copied it onto the bay where the Powa fans will appreciate it a lot more!!!!!:):thumbsu:

Hope you don't mind, but this is wasted here...have copied it onto the bay where the Powa fans will appreciate it a lot more!!!!!:):thumbsu:

Haha go for it, spread the love. :D
Personally I think it's the quality of editing that makes it special.

That there is a "gay" player in the squad.

Not that there is anything wrong with it........:p

Its interesting actually on a side note I remember years ago a player was about to "come out" and Im sure I remember reading that the club had advised him not to. Not saying its Adelaide or an AFL club. But we all know who it is or was going to be. ;)

I think the player in question played for the filth and transferred to the chardonnay. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Major Club Announcement (1/2/10) - FiveAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back