Malthouse is the answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess reading the board rules is a little beyond your educational competency level. I guess that a little holiday so you can study grammer and punctuation as well as improving your reading skills.

HA HA HA HA HA!!! You're tooooo funny. Just 1 question? R u dumb???....or Dumber???? .........Think about it:rolleyes:

nah i dont get into perth much i live about 40 km south of perth and when i do go to perth i train it. i don't think the train go past any pubs from the mandurah line.

well... there you go mate... I lived over near morley and the bus I had to catch home stopped opposite the crown... have they finished mandurah line now? been almost 3 years since I was last living there.

And as I said, the big rainbow flag was a dead give away as to what sort of pub it was.

HA HA HA HA HA!!! You're tooooo funny. Just 1 question? R u dumb???....or Dumber???? .........Think about it:rolleyes:

nah... you are just a deadhead ****wit who thinks that his team actually means anything.

The only reason your pathetic joke of a team is even involved with the competition is because Carlton had a smidgeon of sympathy for the scum sucking bottom dwellers on the other side of Punt Rd and we voted to invite you into the old VFL.

If we had known what a pathetic bunch of losers your supporters actually were, I think that we would have voted no and left you playing in a league more to your quality... playing against Denis and Westgarth...

PS: learn how to quote things properly ********...

well... there you go mate... I lived over near morley and the bus I had to catch home stopped opposite the crown... have they finished mandurah line now? been almost 3 years since I was last living there.

And as I said, the big rainbow flag was a dead give away as to what sort of pub it was.
Bloody hell I have lived here all my life and thought they hung out just at the court and connections. Oh well as long as they have fun and leave the rest of us to have fun! Of course these days I stay home and rearrange my sock draw as the wife sits and watches Eastenders.....perhaps I should change teams???????????????
Nahhhh

If you think the spud ratten can lead us to a grand final after such a great choke in the coaches box against brissy in that final then your the tool.

13-9, % of 110 wins against top sides not good enough for you given where we've come from. First final in years for a young side.

What an idiot you are. You know knowing. What dill would base everything one one game. Typical bigfooty dill.

13-9, % of 110 wins against top sides not good enough for you given where we've come from. First final in years for a young side.

What an idiot you are. You know knowing. What dill would base everything one one game. Typical bigfooty dill.

your the idiot. that was our biggest game of the year and the spud froze . if this is a sign at what he is gonna be like next year in the finals then we have some serious problems. i aint the only one that feels this way, read some of the other posts they echo the same thing as me . supporters just aint happy with the spud ratten. and you can sit there and call me names for saying what i feel . if someone speaking out on how they feel is a dill then i guess everyone that types in a forum on this site is a dill.

Bloody hell I have lived here all my life and thought they hung out just at the court and connections. Oh well as long as they have fun and leave the rest of us to have fun! Of course these days I stay home and rearrange my sock draw as the wife sits and watches Eastenders.....perhaps I should change teams???????????????
Nahhhh

your wife has taste cause eastenders is the best show on uktv. i never miss a episode.

Can I suggest posters focus on the thread topic rather than tearing 'strips' off each other.

A continuation of the personal point-scoring that we have seen in recent posts will lead to this thread being closed & the transgressors receiving infractions.

point taken :thumbsu:

Nahhhh

If you listen to some of the bigots on here, there were a number of Carlton players who would apparently fit in with the crowd at the Crown and the Rosewood and connections...

Fair play to them if they have the balls to get out there and mix it up in one of the roughest contact sports around!

Sure, against Adelaide only Pendles and Fraser were senior walk-up starts in our team. However, Adelaide had an 8 day break compared to 6 and the whole "travel time" suggestion you make in order to make it sound fair is bullshit. It's a 1hr flight max. Hardly a rough trip ala Subiaco.

Why was it that Collingwood had to play on the Sunday, it was a request as they had to play the previous Sunday, so saying we only had a 6 day turn around is something that was caused by a request you made after round 22.

The travel regardless of time makes a difference, the team must travel by plane, bus, it all takes time away from preparing, its more than just the flight time, plus not being in the home state.

Collingwood get to prepare from day 1 after the loss to StKilda.

You say Carlton had Waite and Jamison missing for nost part of the season and then suggest the Blues have more depth than Collingwood which is why you were still able to finish 7th. Hmm.

You miss the point, i said we had Waite, Jammo and Austin missing BUT were ABLE to still win games, UNLIKE Collingwood who had injuries early in the year and lost a series of games.

7th....only 2 games difference between 7th and 3rd...not that much.

Collingwood had
Pendles, missed 3 games
Fraser, missed 7 games
Didak, missed 5 games
Medhurst, missed 6 games - had a shocking 2009
Davis, missed 2 games
Cloke, missed 3 games
Maxwell, missed 2 games
Thomas, missed 3 games
Brown, missed 8 games - hardly proved himself IMO
Johnson missed 11 games
etc. all of whom are in our best 22 missing throughout the course of the year. A handful of those named missed major chunks of the season too. Collingwood finished 4th and are currently in a prelim. How many games did Carlton play without Judd?Fev? Murphy? Gibbs? Simpson? Kreuzer?
Maybe none, but Fev played injured for 12 weeks
Depth is having the ability to cover important players, not simply stating fringe players such as Austin (not a fringe player, if he is fringe then Brown is fringe) being out and replaced by other fringe players. That is not the definition of depth. If that were the case, I could suggest other names such as Rusling, McCarthy, Beams etc. These players are not guaranteed best 22. They are fringe players at the moment in and out of the side.

Depth is having players who can fill the gaps left by injuries, and Carlton proved this in the second part of the year, like i said we had a fantastic second half of the season while we had our injuries, this would show we had the depth to cover it. Collingwood on the other had had most injuries in the first half of the year struggled, but when they had a full list with limite dinjuries int he second half of the year they were great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worth remembering that Mark Thompson nearly quit as Geelongs coach at the end of the 2006 season, and now he is regarded as one of the best coaches going around. Ross Lyon took a few years to settle in at St.Kilda also. Like players, coaches also need to get some experience in the AFL. IIRC, Ratts has coached about 50 games of AFL footy - Malthouse has been doing it for 20 odd years.

It's also worth noting that had we had an ounce more luck this year, we would have secured a home final, and possibly won that. We aren't as far away from the top of the ladder as some people think.

Can I suggest posters focus on the thread topic rather than tearing 'strips' off each other.

A continuation of the personal point-scoring that we have seen in recent posts will lead to this thread being closed & the transgressors receiving infractions.

Quick question mods, how is it that Idiotvilles resident top dog can continually call our coach a spud with impunity?

It's also worth noting that had we had an ounce more luck this year, we would have secured a home final, and possibly won that. We aren't as far away from the top of the ladder as some people think.

I'm sorry HBF, haven't you been reading this thread?

We got that far because the PLAYERS got us there.

Ratten is only responsible for the losses. The wins were due to the talented list.

Get with the program... jeeze!

:rolleyes:

I dont recall seeing Ratten having a cry after losing a final at least, don't think he ever would either. I think mick is a good coach but who wants a sook.

Malthouse has always been a grumpy coach. He use to come into my brothers shop every sunday morning to buy the hun when he coached footiscray and was still seething if his team had lost. We got a laugh at his expense. :thumbsu:

I dont recall seeing Ratten having a cry after losing a final at least, don't think he ever would either. I think mick is a good coach but who wants a sook.

Malthouse has always been a grumpy coach. He use to come into my brothers shop every sunday morning to buy the hun when he coached footiscray and was still seething if his team had lost. We got a laugh at his expense. :thumbsu:

sounds like a good laugh. but do you think he sulks because he has passion for the club he coaches??? just a thought. With ratten not crying i think its because spuds don't have any feelings they just sit in a sack waiting to be eaten.

sounds like a good laugh. but do you think he sulks because he has passion for the club he coaches??? just a thought. With ratten not crying i think its because spuds don't have any feelings they just sit in a sack waiting to be eaten.

How do you get away with posts like this..? Seriously - what does this post achieve? What good does it contribute to this forum?

Are you honestly suggesting that Brett Ratten has no passion for Carlton?

Brett Ratten. As in former Captain, premiership player, B&F and current Coach Brett Ratten?

Even more poignantly, why do I let you bait me with such obvious trolling?

So many questions.

How do you get away with posts like this..? Seriously - what does this post achieve? What good does it contribute to this forum?

Are you honestly suggesting that Brett Ratten has no passion for Carlton?

Brett Ratten. As in former Captain, premiership player, B&F and current Coach Brett Ratten?

Even more poignantly, why do I let you bait me with such obvious trolling?

So many questions.

So many idiots

Not enough flames... or bullets

So many idiots

Not enough flames... or bullets[/quote]
Cranium our resident African Arms Dealer has a small East African Nation as one big warehouse - there is always enough at the right price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back