Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

And gave to us. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Forget the PF, Pies went backwards. Won 4 games only by more than 5 goals, 3 against the real the bottom sides, not to mention the average losing margin of 40pts. Way back in percentage too. Mid-year winning steak was a savior. Was still 5th with a round to go. No flag Bucks is sending you backwards, while the arch-enemy took his master.

Thank you Eddie.

Enjoying listening to the idiot Wobbles supporters try to spin it to make it sound good...Ha ha, won't convince anybody.

Enjoy your stuff up Pies!

So what exactly has Mick done for Carlton at this point for you to be hard as a rock in your jocks?

Isn't he off on a book tour whilst free agency/trade period is on and Carlton fails to improve its list despite missing finals....?

Okay, ill bite, our best inside midfielder did his ACL, our best defensive forward and our best crumbing forward both them their ACLs prior to round 1, our two best KPD struggled to stay on the park in the first 3-4 months, our best midfielder and one of the best in the AFL, broke his leg and was out for 6 weeks half way through and the other elite midfielder also missed a month or so this year. Happy? Or we still should've won it?

I still thought at the end of the year you had the best list. All sides have injuries and it's up to the coach to bring it together.

I think you can blame the media for blowing his comments completely out of proportion, and then you can blame most supporters for believing everything they read in the papers.

This seems to be the case from my point of view. Like when Mick was directly asked during his appointment presser whether Carlton would be interested in Cloke and he answered with one word "absolutely"; suddenly the guys who asked the question were writing near whole articles about it and everything black & white was in a huff.

So what exactly has Mick done for Carlton at this point for you to be hard as a rock in your jocks?

Isn't he off on a book tour whilst free agency/trade period is on and Carlton fails to improve its list despite missing finals....?
Can you tell us for certain that the other 17 coaches have all been present during the entire FA & trade period? I think you will find they haven't. I bet you didn't you know that Malthouse has attended during part of this period, but it is a rather pointless exercise attending for any length of time if the club have already determined that you are not going to be actively involved during this period. Have you heard of mobile phones, skype etc? Do you seriously believe that the other 17 AFL coaches have been sitting around at Etihad Stadium for the last 3 weeks?

Mick Malthouse's appointment to the club is effective from 1 November 2012. Malthouse was entitled to give his current employers a reasonable notice period (most of us do that, unless your employer can't wait to get rid of you), hence why the club agreed to his appointment from the aforementioned date.

It is interesting that during the FA/trade period, we have had supporters of some clubs talking about the great work their recruiters/list managers (not the coaches) have been doing during this period, yet for some reason there is a mentality that Malthouse has to be running this side of things for the Carlton Football Club. Apparently it is not good enough for Carlton's recruiters & Football Manager to represent the club during this period, yet previous trade deals done by the club over the last 5 years have been completed by our CEO & Football Manager.

Do you even understand what goes on during the FA/trade period, or are you just parrotting what you have heard/read others saying?

I wouldn't be surprised if in ten years time we hear mm has Alzheimers. He appears to have all the characteristics.
Any chance of you displaying the characteristics of intelligent discussion?

The best thing about Malthouse joining Carlton is watching all the Collingwood fans get stuck into him for being such a knob, just like we've all been doing for the past 10 years.

north fans itt are certainly chirpy.

is it pre-season already?

We were pretty chirpy in the season too, like after when we rolled you ...

Good old Mick, and those blind enough to believe his ego smarting whines.

The gift that keeps on giving :D
Is this the same Mick you blokes defended to the ends of the Earth not that long ago ?
I bet there were a few teeth (very few in most cases) being grinded when Eddie M'Cchins ruled that his love child figjam would be taking over at the lexus centre.

How quick the ferals turn ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the same Mick you blokes defended to the ends of the Earth not that long ago ?
I bet there were a few teeth (very few in most cases) being grinded when Eddie M'Cchins ruled that his love child figjam would be taking over at the lexus centre.

How quick the ferals turn ;)

After 10 years of failure to produce a flag, Eddie was called a fool for giving him an extension. The club was widely ridiculed for this, now he's gone and the rednecks and sheep are Baa-ing a different tune.

How quick the sheep turn. . .

Probably has something to do with attention span eh?

I still thought at the end of the year you had the best list. All sides have injuries and it's up to the coach to bring it together.
So hang on, first; with Malthouse, we have the superior coach and structure with a champion team, but now, with Buckley, its the best list in the AFL? Make up your minds about this please.

Also; genuine question, please elaboration on how we have the best list.

Can you tell us for certain that the other 17 coaches have all been present during the entire FA & trade period? I think you will find they haven't. I bet you didn't you know that Malthouse has attended during part of this period, but it is a rather pointless exercise attending for any length of time if the club have already determined that you are not going to be actively involved during this period. Have you heard of mobile phones, skype etc? Do you seriously believe that the other 17 AFL coaches have been sitting around at Etihad Stadium for the last 3 weeks?

Mick Malthouse's appointment to the club is effective from 1 November 2012. Malthouse was entitled to give his current employers a reasonable notice period (most of us do that, unless your employer can't wait to get rid of you), hence why the club agreed to his appointment from the aforementioned date.

It is interesting that during the FA/trade period, we have had supporters of some clubs talking about the great work their recruiters/list managers (not the coaches) have been doing during this period, yet for some reason there is a mentality that Malthouse has to be running this side of things for the Carlton Football Club. Apparently it is not good enough for Carlton's recruiters & Football Manager to represent the club during this period, yet previous trade deals done by the club over the last 5 years have been completed by our CEO & Football Manager.

Do you even understand what goes on during the FA/trade period, or are you just parrotting what you have heard/read others saying?

Wanna know the difference?

If it werent for Buckley, we probably wouldnt have picked up Clinton Young, who he personally met at the Westpac. That to me; is a sign of a coach who is investing personally in his teams future, instead of his own.

"Mick was desperate not to let that happen. "They talked some more, and in the end it was agreed that everyone was better off concentrating solely on playing good football."

Buckley, in 2012, gets Collingwood to within a few goals of a Grand Final. You don't perform anywhere near that quality in AFL level, unless the team is united.

You were a long way from the team that you had under Malthouse and seemed to go backwards a bit this year, never really looked like a premiership side, but all clubs would have some dissatisfied players, they get paid enough to put that aside and get on with the job, if not they shouldn't be playing

You were a long way from the team that you had under Malthouse and seemed to go backwards a bit this year, never really looked like a premiership side, but all clubs would have some dissatisfied players, they get paid enough to put that aside and get on with the job, if not they shouldn't be playing

Mate if we are being serious and not trolling, unlike majority on here, the simple fact is, we got a new coach, so it was a different ball game, no transition is remarkably smooth (Geelong 11 excluded), we had a player who played an important role in our side retire without being replaced in Leigh Brown, we struggled without a proper second ruck, suffered two recos in the pre-season to forwards then our best inside midfielder did his knee early on. To top that off, our backline was off the park more than it was on in the first couple of months (when they got continuity, we won like 8 or something in a row) and then in the middle of the season we had our best player break his leg and miss for 6 weeks. We were not meant to win it in 2012 and whether it was Buckley or Malthouse, Pie fans would take a top 4 finish after a season like that. Unfortunately the trolls use the transition as the only reason, which is ridiculous.

"And as I walked onto the Etihad turf ready to inspire my legion of foot soldiers for a combative quarter of football, my path became intertwined with that intrepid, but fiery, small forward for St. Kilda. I politely doffed my cap and inquired into the health of his private life. As I bid him adieu I heard him utter an insult that doesn't bear repeating and came completely unprovoked and out-of-the-blue. Nevertheless, I refocused my energy to my playing group and soldiered on gamely."

One of the funniest things that i have read on BF.

Well played sir. :thumbsu:

who is he employed by at the moment, latrobe? ch7? 3aw? the west australian? christi?

So hang on, first; with Malthouse, we have the superior coach and structure with a champion team, but now, with Buckley, its the best list in the AFL? Make up your minds about this please.

Also; genuine question, please elaboration on how we have the best list.

I'm not sure about what anyone else has commented on during this thread but I've always thought that the Pies have the best list.

10 All Australians, 1 Brownlow, 1 Norm Smith, mulitple Rising Star nom's, RU Coleman. Your list compares well to everyone else since 2009.

The problem this year was players preferring to play for MM over Buckley.

I'm not sure about what anyone else has commented on during this thread but I've always thought that the Pies have the best list.

10 All Australians, 1 Brownlow, 1 Norm Smith, mulitple Rising Star nom's, RU Coleman. Your list compares well to everyone else since 2009.

Absolute and utter rubbish, this year was spent enduring 5 Ac's - not to mention serious disruption to the personnel of the backline. Considering the ongoing chaos of having over a third of the senior playing list out for the majority of the season we in fact over achieved.

Gotta love you Mick apologists, he's not the Messiah - he's just a naughty boy angry and petulant old man.

So are you one of those rare opposition fans that believe Harry O and Maxwell are of All Australian standard now? Or that Swan is one of the best midfielders in the AFL?

That Norm Smith medalist, and our best player broke his leg this year. The Brownlow medalist missed 5 games. One of those AAs played just 11 games, another, just 12. There were also 3 other AAs who missed 5 games each. Does that put our injury woes for 2012 into perspective for you? Or is it still just the transition that caused Collingwood to only finish top 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back