Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

Daisy left Ikon Park shattered.

Pack your bags son - I am sure the Suns would want you for a sausage roll.

Daisy is last piece of this bizarre Kernahan-Swann puzzle.
The realisation that the remainder of his football career will be under a coach who could well be the next Al Clarkson, or possibly the next Mark Neeldwpuld be weighing on his mind.

The uncertainty, and yet the knowledge that you're about to enter a rebuild with an unknown or unqualified coach wouldn't be great.

Daisy left Ikon Park shattered.

Pack your bags son - I am sure the Suns would want you for a sausage roll.

Daisy is last piece of this bizarre Kernahan-Swann puzzle.
Does he have 2 more years left on his deal?

I don't think anyone would take him. You'd have to include a draft pick with him just to get rid of him.

The realisation that the remainder of his football career will be under a coach who could well be the next Al Clarkson, or possibly the next Mark Neeldwpuld be weighing on his mind.

The uncertainty, and yet the knowledge that you're about to enter a rebuild with an unknown or unqualified coach wouldn't be great.

2 years left on that rather large contract should keep him happy.

He did not want to resign but he wanted out - accusing the CEO of tampering with the draft will do that for you - he committed suicide on SEN this morning

Yeah. He's not a stupid man. That was an intentional shot, knowing full well that it would result in his last day of coaching.

the good folks on the Adelaide board found Trigg to be very trustworthy and completely honest. I'm sure they will dive into here and tell us exactly that. They will also tell us he is probably the best CEO in the AFL and they were very upset when he left.

*some or all of the above may not be entirely accurate.

That's fine he can resign or delist himself.

Trigg explaining the Betts scenario as data analytics based. You can not be serious.

Carlton couldn't even answer phones and ring back members a few months ago. He thinks he can manage analytics in AFL Footy? #spareme

That's his point though, Carlton's analytics are apparently rubbish, Adelaide's analytics were apparently better. I don't know if Trigg is lying, but it wouldn't surprise me if Carlton's analytics were rubbish considering their drafting and recruiting of free agents. Plus, Carlton seems to be an old school coach.

You need 2 or 3 more quality midfielders plus at least 1 good key forward, a legitimate healthy ruckman and some young up and coming depth to cover the retirements.

Judd, Simpson, Carrazzo retire in the next 12 months.

We need 2 quality key forwards, 3-4 quality mids (and another 3-4 good ones for rotations) and 2 key defenders. Plus a project ruck to help out Kruezer.

By my reckoning thats 3 drafts of nailing every pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Now let's cross to some random yobbo Carlton supporter."
What the hell is AFL.com.au doing?

mate its good to get a true blue carlton punters opinion not just the corporates with their smooth over everything tactics. The board created this whole situation. Passionate fans make the club. Carlton are nothing with out people like him.

So in other words you love the way you're going about it? ;)

Havent like it much since mid 2012.

Don't think it will take much to turn the ship around.

The appointment of Malthouse without a review was a disgrace. We are finally going to appoint a senior coach the right way.

Say you own a restaurant, a fish and chippery, of sorts. One day, you receive an order of potatoes that are passed their use-by date; it's not ideal, but the show must go on. So, you go and hand your chef the pack of spoiled, out-of-date potatoes - instructing him to make some delicious chips. Yummo. You cannot then get angry, and sack him because the chips are gross and cannot get a kick. #getagripcalrton

mate its good to get a true blue carlton punters opinion not just the corporates with their smooth over everything tactics. The board created this whole situation. Passionate fans make the club. Carlton are nothing with out people like him.

Just seemed like an odd thing to do in the middle of the broadcast.

He was pretty much run out of town at Hawthorn, now he's Carlton's knight in shining armour.

He'd better have improved a lot.

He did a terrible job as our forwards coach too, I couldn't understand how he kept getting assistant coaches gigs and now he has the main coaching gig at Carlton.

Maybe he has improved but I don't have much faith in him turning around Carlton's on field performances, although with them rebuilding now they're probably better off not winning games anyway so maybe he's the perfect guy for the job.

That's his point though, Carlton's analytics are apparently rubbish, Adelaide's analytics were apparently better. I don't know if Trigg is lying, but it wouldn't surprise me if Carlton's analytics were rubbish considering their drafting and recruiting of free agents. Plus, Carlton seems to be an old school coach.

if either of those clubs are doing anything related to analytics i would be amazed. It is just a bollocks cover story for another "gut feel" decision.

if either of those clubs are doing anything related to analytics i would be amazed. It is just a bollocks cover story for another "gut feel" decision.

I think it's plausible that Adelaide looked at Betts and saw that he could fill a role that others couldn't, and that Adelaide's scouting is better than Carlton's. Richmond did a similar thing in recruiting Chaplin. If Carlton's scouting was any good, they wouldn't have recruited Thomas and would have drafted a kid instead. I'm not saying he's telling the truth, but it's not unfeasible that he's being honest. I also don't think it's a matter of public discussion.

['In coming weeks the Club will determine the make-up of an independent selection committee that will begin the process of finding the best equipped individual to coach Carlton in 2016 and beyond.']

I wonder if this is the same 'independent selection committee' that picked Trigg :p

Carlton fans have a lot to look forward to!

Best decision the club has made since getting rid of Pagan.

Washed up coach who had lost touch with the game. Remember the AFL coaches doco from last year?

MM: "I don't code, why do I need to code? I was at the game, I saw everything, I don't need to go through it again"
Clarko: "I love coding, I spend hours doing it".

Young coach with fresh ideas and lots of patience pls. Oh and a new board would be nice.

So two coaches with five premierships between them were the problem?

You and your rabble of a club need to look in the mirror if you want to find the source of your ills.

Big 4? Biggest w***ers spring to mind. Disgraceful way to treat your coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back