Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy, Gibbs and co. on the lol train. WTF is their end game in all this? Pathetic club. Feel sorry for the fans who have been fed shit by MM, CFC Board and their netball players. Couldn't run a bath those clowns.

So two coaches with five premierships between them were the problem?

You and your rabble of a club need to look in the mirror if you want to find the source of your ills.

Big 4? Biggest ******s spring to mind. Disgraceful way to treat your coach.

large majority of carlton supporters are putting everything on malthouse. look at how they treated ratten. unbelievable

Ratten sacking.
Never understood that move and still never will.
The bloke loved the club and the players seemed to love him also.
Was a Carlton icon.

The board completely overrated their list and wouldn't show Ratten the patience he deserved.
At least he had all the players 100% behind him, was a club legend and in tune with the boys.

The board members, CEO, President should be accountable for Ratten's sacking.

So two coaches with five premierships between them were the problem?

You and your rabble of a club need to look in the mirror if you want to find the source of your ills.

Big 4? Biggest ******s spring to mind. Disgraceful way to treat your coach.
I didn't mention we were big 4 pal. Nor did I mention that no one else was responsible.

Mick was bought in on $1m a year, turfed good players and bought in spuds and turned us into the worst team in the comp. He had no right for a new contract.
He dared the club to sack him and they did. Sheeds has coached flags before, maybe we should get him in?

The board completely overrated their list and wouldn't show Ratten the patience he deserved.
At least he had all the players 100% behind him, was a club legend and in tune with the boys.

The board members, CEO, President should be accountable for Ratten's sacking.

Disagree that we should have shown 'more patience' - he had 5 years and entered a list with 3 no.1 draft picks, as well as Judd, Fevola, Betts, Waite, Stevens, Simpson, Scotland, Walker, Carrazzo all favourably aged (i.e. <30). Got Yarran, Garlett, Jamison around the time Ratten started.

Yes the board overrated the list, yes the board should be held accoutable for the mistakes, but Ratten was at the end of the line.

People criticise Malthouse for Betts/Thomas deals. What about pick 12 for McLean?! I know it's not solely coaches responsibility but if Malthouse cops it, Ratten cops it.

To keep him solely because he was a Carlton boy - how did Voss go? How did Hird go? Etc.

The big problem was signing a "premiership coach" in Malthouse. Should have looked for a "list-building" coach to take us through our next period and hopefully challenge with Murphy, Gibbs etc around. They will be gone now next time we challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they won't get within 120 points of the Swans.

Which is why it's laughable that Carlton were giving Mick "until the bye".

Umm, yeah. V Sydney without Gibbs, Kreuzer, Jamison, Henderson, hell even Carrazzo. Sure not the worst injury list but that's 5 best 21 players, when our depth is VAFA standard.
Sydneys 2nds would beat out firsts, let alone taking what little talent we have out...

He was a dead man walking. A 20 goal flogging from Sydney is surely 80% likely (other 20% is 60-120 point margin).

Good Carlton - "we'll give him until the end of the year", "we'll give him round 11", "we'll sack him today".
If they didn't make such ****ing ******ed statements then Mick wouldn't have to come out and "break trust" by making provocative statements in the media.

I'm not too fussed about Mick, as in he's not a favourite son etc, but it's just another example of how we treat our coaches/staff imo.

Gotta laugh though - Mick's 'infamous' pre-season claim that we wouldn't lose a game has had the most hilarious overreaction to it ever.

"Malthouse was seeing leaving Ikon Park through a back door at around 3pm AEST on Tuesday.

He did not speak to reporters. He departed in the passenger seat of a maroon-coloured car."

We need more details about this car!!!!!!!

It's believed that the car is a close relative of Andrew Walker's hat, although this is yet to be confirmed.

Hopefully the club continues to be in the pressure cooker for the rest of the season.

I don't like Malthouse by any stretch, but what a shocking way to shaft him. Their list is horrible and that won't suddenly change under an interim coach who has half the knowledge and smarts of Mick.

Was good to see Mick go out swinging against that disgrace of a football executive Trigg. :thumbsu:

When asked if the club was in crisis in the wake of Malthouse's departure, LoGiudice was emphatic.
"No. Certainly not," he said.
"The definition of crisis, to me, is that you don't know where you are and you don't have a plan of where you're going. We certainly know exactly where we are, and we've known exactly where we are for a long time, and we certainly have a plan - and a documented plan - of where we're going.

"So we're certainly nowhere near crisis."

F'kn priceless....
Whats the record for most consecutive wooden spoons won?
Blues maybe about to break it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back