Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

Valar Morghulas - all men must die

And all coaches must get sacked.

Suicide by board in the end wasn't it ??

Ron The Bear any stats to back that claim up?

Judge for yourself.

caretaker = replacement for departed coach
interim = standing in temporarily due to e.g. illness

Year|Rd|Club|Coach|Status|Outgoing|Form|Res|Mgn|Opp
\2014|11|Ha|Bolton, Brendon|interim|Clarkson, Alastair|WLL|W|7|WS
\2013|23|Es|Goodwin, Simon|caretaker|Hird, James|LLW|L|39|Ri
\2013|21|Br|Harvey, Mark|caretaker|Voss, Michael|LWL|W|60|WS
\2013|13|Me|Craig, Neil|caretaker|Neeld, Mark|LLL|L|35|St
\2012|20|PA|Hocking, Garry|caretaker|Primus, Matthew|WLL|L|72|Ha
\2011|22|WB|Williams, Paul|caretaker|Eade, Rodney|LLL|W|60|PA
\2011|20|Me|Viney, Todd|caretaker|Bailey, Dean|WLL|L|76|Ca
\2011|19|Ad|Bickley, Mark|caretaker|Craig, Neil|WLL|W|32|PA
\2010|16|PA|Primus, Matthew|caretaker|Williams, Mark M.|LLL|L|36|WB
\2009|13|NM|Crocker, Darren|caretaker|Laidley, Dean|LLL|L|22|WB
\2009|12|Ri|Rawlings, Jade|caretaker|Wallace, Terry|LWL|W|15|WC
\2007|17|Ca|Ratten, Brett|caretaker|Pagan, Denis|LLL|L|10|St
\2007|16|Fr|Harvey, Mark|caretaker|Connolly, Chris|WLL|W|25|Ad
\2007|14|Me|Riley, Mark|caretaker|Daniher, Neale|WLL|W|23|Ca
\2005|18|Br|Blakey, John|interim|Matthews, Leigh|WLW|L|28|WB
\2004|18|Ha|McDonald, Donald|caretaker|Schwab, Peter|LLL|L|44|Me
\2004|14|Ad|Craig, Neil|caretaker|Ayres, Gary|LLW|W|72|Me
\2002|22|WB|Rohde, Peter|caretaker|Wallace, Terry|LLL|W|41|Co
\2002|13|Sy|Roos, Paul|caretaker|Eade, Rodney|LLL|W|77|Fr
\2001|17|Ha|Connolly, Chris|interim|Schwab, Peter|WLW|W|3|Ca
\2001|16|St|Thomas, Grant|caretaker|Blight, Malcolm|LLL|L|34|WB
\2001|10|Fr|Allan, Ben|caretaker|Drum, Damian|LLL|L|38|Ri
\1998|12|Br|Merrett, Roger|caretaker|Northey, John|LLL|D||PA
\1997|18|Ri|Gieschen, Jeff|caretaker|Walls, Robert|WLL|W|15|WB
\1997|10|Me|Hutchison, Greg|caretaker|Balme, Neil|LLL|W|25|Ri
\1996|13|WB|Wallace, Terry|caretaker|Joyce, Alan|LLL|L|12|WC
\1995|20|Fi|McConnell, Alan|caretaker|Quinlan, Bernie|LLL|L|41|Ge
\1994|3|WB|Joyce, Alan|caretaker|Wheeler, Terry|WWL|L|1|Co
\1989|16|Br|Feltham, Paul|caretaker|Knights, Peter|LLL|W|4|St
\1987|19|St|Davis, Allan|interim|Baldock, Darrel|WWW|W|3|WB
\1986|4|Co|Matthews, Leigh|caretaker|Rose, Bob|LLL|W|45|Ge
\1984|5|St|Gellie, Graeme|caretaker|Jewell, Tony|LLL|L|31|Ge
\1982|11|Co|Erwin, Mick|caretaker|Hafey, Tom|LLL|W|36|St
\1982|11|WB|Hampshire, Ian|caretaker|Hart, Royce|LLL|L|52|Fi
\1981|17|NM|Cable, Barry|caretaker|Blight, Malcolm|LLL|W|9|WB
\1981|3|WB|Goode, Frank|interim|Hart, Royce|LLL|L|1|Me
\1980|3|St|Jesaulenko, Alex|caretaker|Patterson, Michael|LLL|D||Ri
\1978|2|WB|McKenzie, Don|caretaker|Goggin, Bill|WWL|L|7|St

Last edited:
Well done Carlton.

Once again your reputation for ruthlessness has killed off a coach.

But - it will come back bite you fair and square on the fat arse of your current President.

He, the Carlton board and Trigg must surely be the next to get the chop now. The utter mismanagement going on the club is truly concerning.

11327798_10200270773248125_384812602_n_zpschl5xrso.jpg

What drugs are you on. That group got us three points to a preliminary final in 2011.

Is that some sort of joke? They have gone down hill ever since. Kruezer is so injured he'll never be any good, Judd has faded, you lost your fowards, you traded Laidler, Gibbs and Murphy have gotten softer. As all this has happened it's exposed the spudlyness of so many. There are only two players at your club that can hold their head high. One will retire at the end of this year and I'm not sure how long Simpson has left. I get the impression that his skinny build will see him play for quite a while yet.

Of your kids only Cripps and Menzel look at exciting at all.

If the "Essendon 34" were found guilty at the start of this year their list would still have been better than Carlton's.

Sivagni is the most important person at your club for the next 5 years. I think he'll be able to rise above the bullshit. The club needs to stare down Grug and her ilk and say "you're welcome to chip in but leave the rest to the professionals".

Also do you think that if Jack Elliot dies, hopefully the smokes do their job soon, that the AFL will allow Carlton to develop Princess Park as a boutique stadium? Especially with the new train line slated for there.

Well done Carlton.

Once again your reputation for ruthlessness has killed off a coach.

But - it will come back bite you fair and square on the fat arse of your current President.

He, the Carlton board and Trigg must surely be the next to get the chop now. The utter mismanagement going on the club is truly concerning.
I'm not concerned :)

JoondalupJ it's someone who likes their food and excess. Likely used as code for alcoholism.
Thank you . I wasn't sure, and I can't let a Geelong person outsmart me. You know the feeling, when they just can't win grand finals against your team.

Hope they don't read this I'll be in trouble.

**** off mate. The dipstick president was the one who started all this shit. I guarantee Mick knows more about football than he does.
The backstabbing started in week 2 and it was inevitable after that.

You're right Malthouse, wears no responsibility for Carlton's current position.

**** off mate. The dipstick president was the one who started all this shit. I guarantee Mick knows more about football than he does.
The backstabbing started in week 2 and it was inevitable after that.
i reckon the president has done ok
he tried to stick fat (pardon the pun) with the guy they were stuck with, but it became untenable.
i just saw tony abbott on afl 360 & he compared mick malthouse to some bloke i had to google
wayne bennett? a fricken nrl coach. the neanderthal relations league.
it's like the big eared twat is from another country.
as out of touch mick the old sook is with modern footy, what about our no idea pm?!
good luck John Barker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that some sort of joke? They have gone down hill ever since. Kruezer is so injured he'll never be any good, Judd has faded, you lost your fowards, you traded Laidler, Gibbs and Murphy have gotten softer. As all this has happened it's exposed the spudlyness of so many. There are only two players at your club that can hold their head high. One will retire at the end of this year and I'm not sure how long Simpson has left. I get the impression that his skinny build will see him play for quite a while yet.

Of your kids only Cripps and Menzel look at exciting at all.

If the "Essendon 34" were found guilty at the start of this year their list would still have been better than Carlton's.

Sivagni is the most important person at your club for the next 5 years. I think he'll be able to rise above the bullshit. The club needs to stare down Grug and her ilk and say "you're welcome to chip in but leave the rest to the professionals".

Also do you think that if Jack Elliot dies, hopefully the smokes do their job soon, that the AFL will allow Carlton to develop Princess Park as a boutique stadium? Especially with the new train line slated for there.
Dude! Your whole team was on the smack. Just shit up and stop embarrassing yourself. We all hate Carlton, but we despise you.

Mick goes out a winner. A barely suppressed smile for the cameras. His comments forced the board's hand and he got to stand by his word that he wouldn't quit. Meanwhile he counts his coin and now doesn't have to sit through the Sydney v Carlton game on Friday. I suggest the nations viewers follow suit...oh that's right, no cash to count.

Captain Obvious AWAY!

Doesnt take away the fact we have a solid group of players and losing 10 goals every game is unacceptable and the right decision was made. We are not even competitive.

The last bit is right. You seem to be the only person in the world, apart from gillo, who doesn't realise how shit the players at your club are.

Mick may have coached a record number of games, but he will never be held in the regard that perhaps he should have been.

Left Footscray under not great circumstances, did a deal with Collingwood whilst contracted to WC, left Collingwood under a cloud after reneging on a deal and then booted out the door from Carlton for failing miserably at the job he was engaged to do.

Its the same old same old, Mick will say the buck rests with him but ultimately apportion a fair share of the blame all over the place.

While I don't blame the media for Malthouse's sacking, or hate Caro like some do (I don't like Hutchy tho), it always pleases me when something like this happens on a Tuesday. Means that a whole week will pass before the Footy Classified team get to act important discussing it. And usually after they spent weeks cheering on the prospect of the sacking.

I picture Caro turning into Gollum and snarling "they ruins it. Nasty, tricksy board, they took my moment".

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back