Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see that in footy at the moment , about the centre corridor I mean , every team hugs the boundary line , to the point of aggravation.

I nearly freak out waiting for out of bounds on the full.

Precision kicking around the ground is good, and also along the boundary, but the centre corridor does not get used a tenth as much as it should in every club.

How many times you see a spare player in the guts, and the rest are wrestling on the wing with about 10 players, in a scrum.

Yes I know that sometimes a good big kick hits someone in the middle, but, then its not used properly either sometimes, ends up usually in a pocket, unless there is someone in front that can actually mark under pressure.

Then you have to hope the goal kicking is up to the standard of around the ground kicking.And it isn't mostly.
It's risk management.

Teams like Hawthorn, WC and GWS train how to rebound from turnovers to the n'th degree. Look how quickly these clubs will cut you apart with a corridor turnover. 2-3 kicks in 20 seconds will have you a goal in defence, 1 kick in an instant anywhere forward of back.

Care of the Bulldogs board... and australian idle

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...k-bulldogs-only.843952/page-436#post-38761733

137604_a23b3438f281b3462e2f164bbafbd0a5.jpg
When you have been a coach as long as Mick and been as successful, the list of enemies is long

I don't see that in footy at the moment , about the centre corridor I mean , every team hugs the boundary line , to the point of aggravation.

I nearly freak out waiting for out of bounds on the full.

Precision kicking around the ground is good, and also along the boundary, but the centre corridor does not get used a tenth as much as it should in every club.

How many times you see a spare player in the guts, and the rest are wrestling on the wing with about 10 players, in a scrum.

Yes I know that sometimes a good big kick hits someone in the middle, but, then its not used properly either sometimes, ends up usually in a pocket, unless there is someone in front that can actually mark under pressure.

Then you have to hope the goal kicking is up to the standard of around the ground kicking.And it isn't mostly.
But the problem is softness.

The playing group was soft under Ratten and was worse under Malthouse who tried to add grit. Much like Lyon he tried defensive side first, but the playing group couldn't hack it.

You can't front run to a flag, or even repeat high finishes.

Port lost their defensive edge, and then it all collapsed. Players stopped running for each other and the attacking side fell apart. Look at the Bulldogs, they stopped competing as hard and their run and scoring has dried up.

The Carlton players are to blame. The board and media also share some of the burden, as you need consistent management to succeed and the media has been carrying out a vendetta or manufacturing stories on this since Mick got their. Degenerates like Robbo have had fangs out as soon as a bad word was aimed their way by Mick, and I suppose the cantakerous bugger played right into Robbo, Eddie et al's plans, as did the board.

Robbo is a putrid character no doubt and few things frustrate me more than the agendas he runs, be that against people or for them.

I think the players were caught up in this maelstrom and it added their innability to deal with Malthouses plan and the club shakiness.

Robbo's OK. He's a journo, have a look at Caro. Gee there's some putrid for you. And McClure well he hated Malthouse from the word go.

But Mick is as I said before an abrasive and at times vindictive nasty fellow. And he makes enemies.

But he'll be in the media again soon. Then he can do a Robbo.

It's risk management.

Teams like Hawthorn, WC and GWS train how to rebound from turnovers to the n'th degree. Look how quickly these clubs will cut you apart with a corridor turnover. 2-3 kicks in 20 seconds will have you a goal in defence, 1 kick in an instant anywhere forward of back.

True, corridor turnover in current football is pretty much head back in for the bounce.

Robbo's OK. He's a journo, have a look at Caro. Gee there's some putrid for you. And McClure well he hated Malthouse from the word go.

But Mick is as I said before an abrasive and at times vindictive nasty fellow. And he makes enemies.

But he'll be in the media again soon. Then he can do a Robbo.
Mcclure is an angry man and a sabatour. He will undermine any Carlton coach.

Getting rid of Malthouse means nothing when you've still got incompetent people running the club.

Trigg needs to be put into that hovercraft, strapped to a rocket and be launched directly into the sun.

What about the players , what responsibility do they carry . They carried no weight at all, how did they feel getting paid . Weak as piss.

If you want to go to the real problem , blame the AFL who crucified this club over the salary cap incidents and , did a massive overkill.

They ruined the club instead of the instigators of the salary cap rort. The fan base has been wounded , and a famous club diced up.

The AFL really stitched them up, a mate of mine today told me they have never recovered from that murdering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In journalist code I would say he was a bon vivant.
Him and Robbo both. The excessive drinking may make Robbo wound up on occasion, but Mcclure is just genuinally poisonous and since its become a feature, his coleagues encourage it.

Keeps the news cycle turning.

He shitcannes CFC, which creates media feedback and then another person reacts angrily to his outburst, which in turn fuels the stories and hype. A messed up cycle of news manufacture, which partly makes the footy media appear so awful.

What about the players , what responsibility do they carry . They carried no weight at all, how did they feel getting paid . Weak as piss.

If you want to go to the real problem , blame the AFL who crucified this club over the salary cap incidents and , did a massive overkill.

They ruined the club instead of the instigators of the salary cap rort. The fan base has been wounded , and a famous club diced up.

The AFL really stitched them up, a mate of mine today told me they have never recovered from that murdering.

Nah, it's more the fact that they never adapted to the modern AFL and thus nearly every move they made since their salary cap punishment has made things worse. If they were a competent club, they long ago would've recovered from that.

Say you own a restaurant, a fish and chippery, of sorts. One day, you receive an order of potatoes that are passed their use-by date; it's not ideal, but the show must go on. So, you go and hand your chef the pack of spoiled, out-of-date potatoes - instructing him to make some delicious chips. Yummo. You cannot then get angry, and sack him because the chips are gross and cannot get a kick. #getagripcalrton

Liked just for the "Yummo".....

Victorian media even dialed up Wallsy in France to take another pot-shot at Malthouse. They must really hate him.

Malthouse's fault entirely.

Cowardly and selfish way to exit.
**** off mate. The dipstick president was the one who started all this shit. I guarantee Mick knows more about football than he does.
The backstabbing started in week 2 and it was inevitable after that.

Judd, Simpson, Carrazzo retire in the next 12 months.

We need 2 quality key forwards, 3-4 quality mids (and another 3-4 good ones for rotations) and 2 key defenders. Plus a project ruck to help out Kruezer.

By my reckoning thats 3 drafts of nailing every pick.

Yep. Or 3-4 good drafts , with a few extra early picks through trading, plus f.a top up at the end of that period.

But essentially it should be viewed as a 5 year rebuild. Some of the talk that it's a "mini-rebuild" and they'll be up there in 2-3 years is totally misplaced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back