Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly for a lot of Carlton fans what has yet to crystallize for them is just how bad their list is. They are of the assumption that like Port, Dogs, Saints that with a new coach will come success. These Clubs mentioned have carefully and meticulously selected well in the draft over the past 5 years or so.

The Blues have yet to hit rock bottom. It will come.

Mick goes out a winner. A barely suppressed smile for the cameras. His comments forced the board's hand and he got to stand by his word that he wouldn't quit. Meanwhile he counts his coin and now doesn't have to sit through the Sydney v Carlton game on Friday. I suggest the nations viewers follow suit...oh that's right, no cash to count.

Captain Obvious AWAY!

seems like that doesn't it.. wanted the cash - didn't want to coach the rest of the season.

Mick gets the last laugh.

Robbo made a good point we'll know if Carlton is going in the right direction when they pick their next coach.

Robbo was pissweak as usual then with Goddard. Asks Goddard a question, doesn't like the answer so has a sook about it, then comes back to Goddard with, 'You're paid to play football.'

Robbo, here's the tip, if you reckon there's a fair chance that you may not like the answer you're going to get then don't ask the question. He was probably under the false impression that Goddard would fall slavering at his feet and go along with what ever he said.

The media certainly didn't put the noose around Mick's neck and pull the lever, but I reckon they've supplied the rope and perhaps even tied the knot.

Robbo was pissweak as usual then with Goddard. Asks Goddard a question, doesn't like the answer so has a sook about it, then comes back to Goddard with, 'You're paid to play football.'

Robbo, here's the tip, if you reckon there's a fair chance that you may not like the answer you're going to get then don't ask the question. He was probably under the false impression that Goddard would fall slavering at his feet and go along with what ever he said.

The media certainly didn't put the noose around Mick's neck and pull the lever, but I reckon they've supplied the rope and perhaps even tied the knot.

Yep Goddard was spot on.

How is this the medias fault? Plainly ridiculous.
Malthouse went to the media and started throwing grenades at the board. If he thinks he is infallible and untouchable - then good riddance.

Mick may have coached a record number of games, but he will never be held in the regard that perhaps he should have been.

Left Footscray under not great circumstances, did a deal with Collingwood whilst contracted to WC, left Collingwood under a cloud after reneging on a deal and then booted out the door from Carlton for failing miserably at the job he was engaged to do.

Its the same old same old, Mick will say the buck rests with him but ultimately apportion a fair share of the blame all over the place.

I can't stand the bloke, but MM will be remembered as a great coach and record games holder, no one will even care about the 2.5 years coaching Carlton.

What did Robbo ask Goddard? What did Goddard reply with?
I don't have foxtel - thanks mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo can be a weak campaigner.

Like your team did with Hird?

Loada rubbish. He had to go for thumbing his nose at management, not to mention list management, poor team selection. Sheeit, arranging Daisy Thomas' superannuation should have been enough to sack him alone
ummmmm look in your own backyard sunshine :rolleyes:
In the face of far more outside pressure, we stood by our guns and determined ourselves what we would do with our coach. It may or may not be the right decision, but at least we made it in our own terms.

The frenzy that whipped up in the face of piss poor efforts by the clubs senior players was swallowed in its entirety by the club's "leadership," and the second Malthouse knew he was on his way out he engineered it so he couldn't stay another day.

I have a lot of respect for the powerhouse that Carlton is. There is so much work to restore that now.

Its time for the Carlton supporters to step up and get there club back

It will just be the same old story if this board stays in power

I haven't read the thread so it's probably been raised already, but does anyone else feel like Mick was trying to get fired with his comments in the media, so he didn't have to have the shame of quitting?

You only made the finals because Essendon got kicked out for the drugs saga

AD ... why don't you engage your brain before you open your mouth ... that was 2013 not 2011. We got there fair and square that year, and as a previous poster pointed out, we were off 3 points off a prelim. !!!

This.

Robbo asks a question - presumably wanting an honest answer. Gets one and doesn't like it so has a hissy fit.

Hats off to Goddard. I never liked him much but I have turned around my opinion totally after seeing him put his views on 360. And **** off Robbo - you asked the man his opinion FFS!

Its time for the Carlton supporters to step up and get there club back

It will just be the same old story if this board stays in power

Theres nothing wrong with the board.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/club/board

I could do without two or three but overall they all serve their purpose with a strong marketing/commercial presence.

This is a Mick Malthouse problem not a board problem.

It was Kernahan and Swann that appointed him.

Why wouldn't he force them to sack him, knowing full well it was going to happen anyway......

Why on earth would they give him a 2 week ultimatum.... a Malthouse, Clarkson, Lyon coaching panel couldn't turn that disaster around in 2 weeks.

He turned around every club he coached. He may have turned the pies around quicker, but that group of players were at least twice as good if not more, than this Carlton team, and the pies of 2002 weren't even that good.

Daisy must be feeling like a fool moving to the blues....

When asked if the club was in crisis in the wake of Malthouse's departure, LoGiudice was emphatic.
"No. Certainly not," he said.
"The definition of crisis, to me, is that you don't know where you are and you don't have a plan of where you're going. We certainly know exactly where we are, and we've known exactly where we are for a long time, and we certainly have a plan - and a documented plan - of where we're going.

"So we're certainly nowhere near crisis."

F'kn priceless....
Whats the record for most consecutive wooden spoons won?
Blues maybe about to break it!
URHr_zpsnl3g4wvi.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse sacked - Interim coach John Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back