Player Watch Marley Williams (Traded to North 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Marley has been playing so well this year, thought he deserved his own thread. Might even be performing at AA standard. His best traits:
  • super hard at the ball and contest
  • exceptional one on one
  • steadying the ship down back
  • finding space to spread and send the ball forward
  • hell, even his kicking has improved
Keep it up Marley.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Marley has been playing so well this year, thought he deserved his own thread. Might even be performing at AA standard. His best traits:
  • super hard at the ball and contest
  • exceptional one on one
  • steadying the ship down back
  • finding space to spread and send the ball forward
  • hell, even his kicking has improved
Keep it up Marley.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oi - watch it. He's my boy. ;)

I should add this to his traits:
  • Playing disciplined football
As Soaring Magpie noted, he's not giving away free kicks and is controlling his aggression. Must be a dream for the coaches to coach.

Marley is godlike 1v1, he's a smooth mover in traffic and he's working a lot harder to cover for his teammates so that he's the second player at the scene and can affect the contest or swoop on a loose ball.

I think he's been given a little cover because Toovey usually takes the most dangerous forward but Marley is a rock in the backline. He has an incredible mix of mongrel, composure and physical ability. He's also learned to be more consistent with his kicking. He's never going to pinpoint 50m passes to running players without needing them to break stride or anything, but he's cut down on the shanks. And he's surprisingly good at using his pace and agility to disrupt the lines and find safe or long 50/50 options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marley is godlike 1v1, he's a smooth mover in traffic and he's working a lot harder to cover for his teammates so that he's the second player at the scene and can affect the contest or swoop on a loose ball.

I think he's been given a little cover because Toovey usually takes the most dangerous forward but Marley is a rock in the backline. He has an incredible mix of mongrel, composure and physical ability. He's also learned to be more consistent with his kicking. He's never going to pinpoint 50m passes to running players without needing them to break stride or anything, but he's cut down on the shanks. And he's surprisingly good at using his pace and agility to disrupt the lines and find safe or long 50/50 options.

We often call for players to play within themselves, and Marley has done just that this year. He's playing to his strengths and minimising his weaknesses by simply playing smartly. All of a sudden he's trying to hit the targets he's able to, and doing so with resounding success. It's amazing how simple it is.

I felt he had a slower start to the year but in the last 6 or so games he has taken his play to the next level. His hardness has always been a standout for me and he has added more assured run and carry whilst choosing the correct options. Close to BOG for me today. Keep it up Marley you champ you are doing the no.26 proud.

He has been great. Much improved. This is what he was working towards at the end of 2013. Last year was a step back, probably for obvious reasons, but he is back on track now and becoming a fantastic player

Needs to be rotated through the mid soon. He'd be an awesome inside mid and/or tagger.

But then again, I like him in defence... If only we had 2 of him!

In the first half of last year, he was excellent. If he continued that form he would've been AA. This year, he's shown none of that form. Like most of the team, he's just treading water. Yes, he's been injured, but ****, he's had some really bad performances...

He was poor last night, and seemed more interested in fighting than actually focusing on the play.

I wouldn't mind a trade if we can boost up on more picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Marley Williams (Traded to North 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back