Marsh Community Series Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty ridiculous to assume he’ll score flat line 80’s the whole way through.
He has a fairly cruisy run to the bye. Only NN, Goldy and maybe Witts who could cause trouble. No Grundy, Gawn, Lycett, Marshall/Ryder at all.
Plus, it’s all about lowering his break even. I’d rather see a 60 followed by a ton than just 80 after 80 after 80.
It was a exercise only to work out what he’d be increasing in value. We all know that no one has ever scored the same every week.

J Steven I think is a must have. The End!
I can't remember him ever being 'fit' looking. Same comments D Swan would receive. Both have had no problems finding the pill/ball.
Dane Swan had no issue finding pills, that bloke was cooked every weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it how everyone automatically drops Gawn. He should be your R1.

Take his injury game against Brisbane out and he averaged 132.5 last year while Grundy averaged 130.

Then there's this:

What about take out the 200 in R23 when nobody cared?

What about take out that game where Grundy had an.ouchie and didn't deliver a quality score? O wait

What about take out the 200 in R23 when nobody cared?

What about take out that game where Grundy had an.ouchie and didn't deliver a quality score? O wait

Why would you not care about the 200?

Gees, Zerk-Thatcher is interesting. Just put him in for Roberton and all of a sudden have a bucket of cash to play with. Worst case he gets dropped before his price rise and Stephen Hill comes back and it's a straight swap?

And what if Zerk is not dropped?

Going by the assumption that Hill won't miss any more than 3-4 weeks I'm toying with keeping him at D8/F8 depending on the Rd1 rookie situation. I figure a trade is worth more than 1 potential 25-30k price rise from a low scoring def/fwd bench rookie who in all likelihood will be dropped before he even plays 3 games. Can use Hill as a floating loophole donut with Brander across 2 lines in the short term to mitigate unacceptable D6/F6 scores. Downside is it ties up 65k.

And what if Zerk is not dropped?

Going by the assumption that Hill won't miss any more than 3-4 weeks I'm toying with keeping him at D8/F8 depending on the Rd1 rookie situation. I figure a trade is worth more than 1 potential 25-30k price rise from a low scoring def/fwd bench rookie who in all likelihood will be dropped before he even plays 3 games. Can use Hill as a floating loophole donut with Brander across 2 lines in the short term to mitigate unacceptable D6/F6 scores. Downside is it ties up 65k.
Given Hills history with the same injury, do we believe this timeframe ......sounding like a Bennell calf scenario now

Given Hills history with the same injury, do we believe this timeframe ......sounding like a Bennell calf scenario now

In that scenario he remains a useful D/F loophole donut until a 'must have' (hopefully 123k or under) Def or Fwd bench rookie presents and is on the bubble and we make a 67-73k+ profit from it.

In that scenario he remains a useful D/F loophole donut until a 'must have' (hopefully 123k or under) Def or Fwd bench rookie presents and is on the bubble and we make a 67-73k+ profit from it.
$190K is a lot to have sitting on your bench ....Hill makes a good trade down prospect upon his return, after his 2nd game ...to ensure he doesn't breakdown yet again

Different approaches ....each have merit

$190K is a lot to have sitting on your bench ....Hill makes a good trade down prospect upon his return, after his 2nd game ...to ensure he doesn't breakdown yet again

Different approaches ....each have merit

I started with 300k+ in the bank in the previous 2 seasons and currently have 230k in the bank with Hill on the bench. There are many ways to play this game, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back