Marsh Community Series Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also coming off a knee injury and has played one half of football this preseason.

That said, if you want to take Gawn over Grundy I wouldn't question it too much, but this year I definitely question the wisdom of starting with both.
Only racked up 70 pts in a half on Friday going at half pace.

Smith has 9 touches and 4 tackles, even in his 97 averaging year he only averaged 22 touches, but had 8.5 tackles. What do you guys want, 120 average? He's $335k, surely a 90-95 will suffice. He's gotta be a bit rusty. I'm very happy to start him

He's also coming off a knee injury and has played one half of football this preseason.

That said, if you want to take Gawn over Grundy I wouldn't question it too much, but this year I definitely question the wisdom of starting with both.
That was his good knee, not the one he's continuously had issues with. Had a brilliant preseason and didn't look like he'd missed a beat the other night. 70 points in a half and was everywhere. Wouldn't read too much in to him basically missing two practice matches

Smith has 9 touches and 4 tackles, even in his 97 averaging year he only averaged 22 touches, but had 8.5 tackles. What do you guys want, 120 average? He's $335k, surely a 90-95 will suffice. He's gotta be a bit rusty. I'm very happy to start him
At this point I'll do anything to get rookies off the field. I'd rather Smith any day of the week

Well yes, actually, I do want a 120 average. Don't you? :oops:

At this point I'll do anything to get rookies off the field. I'd rather Smith any day of the week
This discussion has lost its context. The question was never Smith vs Rookie, it was Smith vs Steven.

Well yes, actually, I do want a 120 average. Don't you? :oops:

His point was that a 120 avg shouldn't be the benchmark for all players.
For someone like Smith who is 330k and given the lack of options up fwd and the lack of rookies, someone like him averaging 90 is worthwhile.
Whitfield / Martin / Smith / Steven should be a common sight of each fwd line really.

Every year people have the ole Gawndy debate

When they both start churning out 150s every week you'll be kicking yourself that you even considered otherwise
Always happens PS ....then by Thursday night of R1 ....guess who most teams have as their rucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuffed without them imo
Welcome to the board too ....you going to join one of the Leagues ??

Welcome to the board too ....you going to join one of the Leagues ??

I want to yes , a port Adel one to haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back