Match day v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
saints fans seem particularly insistent that the umpires have it in for them on the main board, which is fine as they don't deserve nice things.

good win for you guys today, but you didn't have it all your own way. will make next week more interesting.

The free kick count could be WCE 20 to STK 5, with all 20 free kicks being out on the full, and people would still say "hometown bias, unfair crap blah blah blah"

That non call HTB then the throw against Sheppard when he chucked it back to the tackler (Darling?) was laughable. Clearly a free, not arguing against the throw but the HTB was clearly there and the umpire communicated like Helen Keller. Complain about the free kick count all you want, I'll bet not even half on the main board watched the game - just saw a trend and went with it.

Oh well, top of the table, if we can give Freo a good belting I'll be feeling phenomenal about our chances, given our injury list as it is.

Good win by you guys and at 50pts at half time I was expecting a belting tbh.

In saying that, I'll not be unhappy to play you in Melb with a ruckman (McEvoy) and our key defender(s) (Fisher/Gwilt) back on the park with Scheider and Stanley.

I know injuries happen to all sides...losing mids or small fwds is one thing......all your rucks and key position defenders and it becomes laughable.

I actually don't understand?!?! Was I watching a different game?!? In what conceivable way did we get the better of the umpires in that game!?!? I'm actually doubting my own eyes right now!

Your eyes are fine doc.

Is that actually all it is though??

They're Aints supporters, not sure thinking is possible. :p

Masten seems to be one of those players who attracts criticism, no matter what.

There is a bloke who sits behind me, to the left, who singlehandedly makes me not enjoy the game. He was a vocal critic of Jacko and Matera in their twilight, calls every player he doesn't like a ****ter, Masten is one he doesn't like. I want to get up and snot him like Goddard tried to a few today, would that be wrong? :mad:

In saying that, I'll not be unhappy to play you in Melb with a ruckman (McEvoy) and our key defender(s) (Fisher/Gwilt) back on the park with Scheider and Stanley.

I know injuries happen to all sides...losing mids or small fwds is one thing......all your rucks and key position defenders and it becomes laughable.

cheers mate i understand the injury side of footy we`ve got at least 4 of our top 22 out in Kennedy,Lecras ,Embley and Nicoski ..

We're probably the last team you should be playing the injury card with at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mu7pkj.jpg

free kicks, crooked bounces, injuries, sunglare
im sure i have a few more excuses :)

yeah to be honest i didnt know he was umpiring just googled a pic.
i just think they had 3-4 goal advantage free kick wise. also the middle bounces were terrible.

in melbourne last week free kicks about even,
the week before in W.A double the amount of free kicks

although west coast talls were way too good today and played better overall.

i just think they had 3-4 goal advantage free kick wise. also the middle bounces were terrible.
You have to be kidding

And they're good enough to make the bounces conspire our way (which they didn't)

in melbourne last week free kicks about even,
the week before in W.A double the amount of free kicks

although west coast talls were way too good today and played better overall.
Because you had almost a legend Kozi failing to be a good ruckman again (why do you keep that guy?):rolleyes: and Blake well he is a defender. The umpire could throw the ball to Kozi and he'd spud it up. Thank you for playing please sit in the Norf corner with the other couldabeens.:thumbsu:

cheers mate i understand the injury side of footy we`ve got at least 4 of our top 22 out in Kennedy,Lecras ,Embley and Nicoski ..

Totally hear you...but there are injuries any side can cover (as you have done with the loss off smalls like Le Cras/Nicoski) and we have with Schneider all season so far. Kennedy is a genuine loss...Embley...meh see Gwilt.

So on a positional basis today to align to our injuries lets take out your best ruck options and your best key defender? say...Cox, Natanui and your Best defender from todays game? Our best rucks are Stanley/McEvoy and Fisher down back AA.

Cox kick what 5?

You guys deserved the win no doubt but if we can get our side back in these key areas I reckon seeing you in Melb is do-able.

So much bias.

The umpiring was terrible, but it went both ways.

8 Eagle goals from umpires today...8.

Its not just about whats paid....but also whats not....how Cox gets a free for cannoning into Blake when he wasnt even contesting the ruck contest at the time leaves me cold..

Its got nothing to do with the Eagles and Id take em all day too if they came our way but reality is interstate the umpiring is atrocious and every travelling side knows they are crowd influenced and should not be in an age of so called professionalism..

8 Eagle goals from umpires today...8.

Its not just about whats paid....but also whats not....how Cox gets a free for cannoning into Blake when he wasnt even contesting the ruck contest at the time leaves me cold..

Its got nothing to do with the Eagles and Id take em all day too if they came our way but reality is interstate the umpiring is atrocious and every travelling side knows they are crowd influenced and should not be in an age of so called professionalism..

Maybe your team should win the hard ball first before you start complaining. :thumbsu:

Stats are like bikinis; what they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Numbers are numbers, if you actually watch the footage and have issue with any of the frees then raise that, don't just quote numbers as if they're meant to be within an acceptable range, as though football matches were some sort of simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back