Match Discussion Carlton v Richmond Round 15 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

This has probably been covered at length, but no doubt you won't mind revisiting the topic...

Has there been a more complete game this year than 31 touches, 11 clearances, 10 inside 50's, 10 tackles, 2 goals and 5, count em 5, goal assists?

Visually didn't seem his most dominant performance, maybe because he didn't have to grimace us back into a game from some distance back...but still, those numbers are off the charts.

sorry to interrupt, just wanted to let you supporters know something that i saw last night (friday)

pretty suprised that robinson played a blinder today after I saw him out drinking and smoking with a few mates last night at a bar in the city, maybe it should be a pre-game ritual every week?

This has probably been covered at length, but no doubt you won't mind revisiting the topic...

Has there been a more complete game this year than 31 touches, 11 clearances, 10 inside 50's, 10 tackles, 2 goals and 5, count em 5, goal assists?

Visually didn't seem his most dominant performance, maybe because he didn't have to grimace us back into a game from some distance back...but still, those numbers are off the charts.

Thought it was clearly his second best game of the season, only behind the first Sydney game and the stats reinforce that. Dominant. Today we got a glimpse of how good he can be if let off the leash and has room to run in to. Time and time again he erupted from a congestion and kicked it long.

I wish I had been online during the game to get involved in the discussion here on the Carlton board. I don't really know what else you can say other than "wow". That was an amazing game to watch. I wish I set the T-Box to record it. That was exactly the way we need to respond from bad games/losses.

It is his pre-game ritual every week.
Surprised? Maybe Jurrah should try it.

Hahaha... nice comeback.

Seriously though, I'm not overly thrilled to read what that other bloke said about seeing Robinson out like that. I have nothing against our players having a social life and going for a few drinks, but I really would rather our players not be smoking. I know a smoke every now and then with a drink isn't unusual, but I just hope it's not a common thing for any of our players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best moment of the game. :thumbsu:
It's hard to choose between Gibbs' two-man baulk, Judd's 70m goal and Jeff Garlett's solo effort to get the ball to Warnock who dished it off to Simpson, 45m goal on the run.

The game is full of highlights. :thumbsu:

Round 2 but I'm not sure that counts.
Excluding Round 2 from this year, our last 100-point win was Round 10, 2001. We beat West Coast at Princes Park 21.23.149 - 3.12.30. Scott Camporeale led all comers with 29 disposals while Simon Beamont, Brendan Fevola and Lance Whitnall each kicked 3 goals.

sorry to interrupt, just wanted to let you supporters know something that i saw last night (friday)

pretty suprised that robinson played a blinder today after I saw him out drinking and smoking with a few mates last night at a bar in the city, maybe it should be a pre-game ritual every week?

Pretty sure this is false....he was at Yarran and Jeppy's according to Twitter. Also doubt it because fairly confident Robbo doesn't smoke

''I can see why Carlscum didn't give a rats arse about losing Grigg. No wonder he only played 40'ish games over 4 seasons. He was clearly a 'fill in' player there and what i've seen of him with the Tigers this year has been absolutely pathetic.

People pay out on a few other players and yes, the whole team was shockingly bad today, but how Grigg continues to get picked is a complete mystery. He's kicked a couple of goals, but they've been complete flukes (except perhaps for one set shot).

Can't lay a tackle, can't kick that great on the run, handballs are always to players under pressure.....

Stick him in the VFL for the rest of the season and just delist this dud at the end of the year or just blindfold him and leave him outside Optus oval one dark stormy night. Free up the salary for someone deserving.
''

Hilarious reading on the tiger's board for former blue..We Blues aren't missing Grigg:)..& great to see tiger supporters giving it to him:D

user_offline.gif

Hahaha... nice comeback.

Seriously though, I'm not overly thrilled to read what that other bloke said about seeing Robinson out like that. I have nothing against our players having a social life and going for a few drinks, but I really would rather our players not be smoking. I know a smoke every now and then with a drink isn't unusual, but I just hope it's not a common thing for any of our players.

Internet rumour, like you're gonna believe it :rolleyes:

Some fool trying to fling it .... don't get sucked in

Garbage-time goals to the Tigers deprived Carlton of its highest winning margin against Richmond. In round 14, 1984, when the Tigers were beginning their descent into decades of depression, the deficit was 115 points, a mark the Blues surpassed yesterday midway through the last quarter when Andrew Walker booted his fourth goal. This was also Carlton's highest score of 2011, bettering its round-two slaughter of the Gold Coast. Yesterday was the seventh-highest score by the Blues in their history - surpassing their famous best against Richmond of 28.9 in the 1972 grand final, to the Tigers' 22.18.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/robinsons-tour-de-force-20110702-1gwhu.html#ixzz1QzeGRLxt

2d82pf8.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Discussion Carlton v Richmond Round 15 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back