Match Discussion Carlton v Richmond Round 15 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

2d82pf8.gif

ooh ooh

sorry to interrupt, just wanted to let you supporters know something that i saw last night (friday)

pretty suprised that robinson played a blinder today after I saw him out drinking and smoking with a few mates last night at a bar in the city, maybe it should be a pre-game ritual every week?

What's wrong with having a "bruise free" night out with friends. :D

Was Colin Sylvia with him?

sorry to interrupt, just wanted to let you supporters know something that i saw last night (friday)

pretty suprised that robinson played a blinder today after I saw him out drinking and smoking with a few mates last night at a bar in the city, maybe it should be a pre-game ritual every week?
Amazing - I was out shopping with my wife. She was trying on some beautiful frocks at some boutique and who walks out of the next fitting room but Jack Watts in a beautiful backless and strapless red sequin number. Must say his legs looked OK but showed a bit too much cleavage

Amazing - I was out shopping with my wife. She was trying on some beautiful frocks at some boutique and who walks out of the next fitting room but Jack Watts in a beautiful backless and strapless red sequin number. Must say his legs looked OK but showed a bit too much cleavage

rofl.gif :p

Reckon his disposal is improving nicely too. He's a good long kick, obviously makes some rather hasty decisions sometimes for the better or worse, but you can always count on him to move it quickly and to take risks to keep that ball thumping forward.

:D:thumbsu:

Reckon his disposal is improving nicely too. He's a good long kick, obviously makes some rather hasty decisions sometimes for the better or worse, but you can always count on him to move it quickly and to take risks to keep that ball thumping forward.

Starting to remind me of Swan. .. not as prolific at winning the ball but both are willing to throw themselves at the ball; will just push/scramble the ball forward, out of packs; has the ability to straighten up and deliver; and also takes a decent mark for their size. .. Not likely as good or skilled as Swan but a similarly compact no frills player that raises the bar for those around them. ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he played well so people are glossing over it, but if what that Melbourne supporter is saying is true, that's pretty disappointing to be honest. :thumbsdown:

Starting to remind me of Swan. .. not as prolific at winning the ball but both are willing to throw themselves at the ball; will just push/scramble the ball forward, out of packs; has the ability to straighten up and deliver; and also takes a decent mark for their size. .. Not likely as good or skilled as Swan but a similarly compact no frills player that raises the bar for those around them. ..

Had a bit of a quiet patch early, but he's getting his hands on it a lot lately.

He is averaging 29 disposals from his last 5 games. His composure has improved dramatically from April to now.

A real strength of his game is his versatility, can play a few different roles for us (think Essendon game on Fletcher last year). Certainly has stepped into the midfield role a lot quicker than most anticipated.

I know he played well so people are glossing over it, but if what that Melbourne supporter is saying is true, that's pretty disappointing to be honest. :thumbsdown:

Very easy to get on here and just make something up, I don;t buy it at all.

Jealous supporter, lets face it he;s harder than the whole Melbourne team

Loved Bett's game. Led hard through CHF many times and his 'easy' goals were just rewards for it.
If only he was 20 cm taller....

Majority of our backmen seemed a little 'down' on disposals and rebound but I suppose that happens when the ball doesn't go down there.

Liked Hendo's job but ultimately I'd like to see him become a forward. Swingman is handy though.

Seriously, I know it's been said but Waite is so integral to our team. He's the only thing we have resembling a quality KPF and it shows.

Walker gave away a hell of a lot of frees from pushes in tha back. I'd like to see him take the front spot some more and just use his leap to mark the ball.

Loved Bett's game. Led hard through CHF many times and his 'easy' goals were just rewards for it.
If only he was 20 cm taller....

Majority of our backmen seemed a little 'down' on disposals and rebound but I suppose that happens when the ball doesn't go down there.

Liked Hendo's job but ultimately I'd like to see him become a forward. Swingman is handy though.

Seriously, I know it's been said but Waite is so integral to our team. He's the only thing we have resembling a quality KPF and it shows.

Walker gave away a hell of a lot of frees from pushes in tha back. I'd like to see him take the front spot some more and just use his leap to mark the ball.

He gave away 4 frees, but watching the replay they were called hands/pushing, but IMO they shouldn't have been paid, Walker was bodying with the player and simply moved the player, if there was a push it was in the side, but from an umpire point of view it would have looked like he pushed in the back, but he certainly didn't.

Game was good, even better being there with 3 Richmond mates :D

Game was won early with the intensity and run. Many players played great, and they should against crap teams liek Richmond, IMO although its great to come out and win liek we did I want to see that style of play against higher teams (which we have done), not a rabble like the Tigers. If we bring that game in two weeks against the Pies we will go close to beating them at what is considered their own game.

He gave away 4 frees, but watching the replay they were called hands/pushing, but IMO they shouldn't have been paid, Walker was bodying with the player and simply moved the player, if there was a push it was in the side, but from an umpire point of view it would have looked like he pushed in the back, but he certainly didn't.

What goes around comes around. He took one mark punt rd end 15m out that, scoreboard replay, looked definitely hands in the back. Carlton goal. :)

Nope. Gain here, lose there. Eddie's good enough.

Just on Eddie and having watched yesterday's replay there certainly seems to be something going on in respect to the trio of he, Garlett and Walker.

It seems that there is some point scoring going on between the trio.
Not sure whether that is a good thing or not.

Noticed it too but I guess when you're playing against glorified witches hats you can afford to have some fun.

Competition doesn't hurt until they stop doing the team things in favour of individual glory but all three certainly seem to love a goal. As does Murphy, for that matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Discussion Carlton v Richmond Round 15 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back