Confirmed Matthew Kennedy: To Dogs p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoy your new crab Dogs.

Bloke is slowwwwwwwww…..

Has skills but his weaknesses hurt you more than his strengths.
An hour ago he was a good mark for his size and was worth about pick 20 though yeah?

Why are all the Carlton fans I know shattered he’s leaving?

Because he joined us when we were shit, and he was not shit. He has a good heart, and puts in the effort. Just not A grade.

...admit he is slow. Wants midfield time, not sure he will get it at WB. 3 Year contract probably tipped the decision.

All the best for Bam Bam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he joined us when we were shit, and he was not shit. He has a good heart, and puts in the effort. Just not A grade.

...admit he is slow. Wants midfield time, not sure he will get it at WB. 3 Year contract probably tipped the decision.

All the best for Bam Bam.

Top 10 in your B&F in a finals side is good enough for me. Looks like the Dunkley replacement we’ve been after.

There’s no way Dogs would pay more for Kennedy than what they get for Macrae.

Glance Airplane Movie GIF by filmeditor

but seriously, Kennedy is a good get.

Good player, great clubman. Hope he does well for himself, but just don't really know why he chose the Dogs of all clubs. Seems a bit pointless to move from the Blues to the Dogs for more midfield minutes

The only club bereft enough of midfielders to give him a full time midfield role was St Kilda and they’d already committed to Macrae. May just be that he was told his AFL opportunities might be more limited at Carlton next year and the Dogs see a starting 18 role for him.

Love Kennedy, can never question his work rate and appetite for the contest but seems a strange choice of clubs to go to. Dogs already have a stacked midfield and if he is chasing mid minutes then I doubt they will come at Whitten OVal. A club like Geelong, Saints, Essendon would have seemed like a better fit IMO.

Love Kennedy, can never question his work rate and appetite for the contest but seems a strange choice of clubs to go to. Dogs already have a stacked midfield and if he is chasing mid minutes then I doubt they will come at Whitten OVal. A club like Geelong, Saints, Essendon would have seemed like a better fit IMO.

He’s just a better fit for a mid/fwd role than Macrae, younger and cheaper, and they were basically a straight swap.

Much the opposite for me. Dogs are topping up at a crack at the flag next year. If he's a what you see if what you get player I think bottom teams would want the theoretical upside of younger players who might improve to be better than what you're guaranteed to get with Kennedy.

Deadset think dogs will be stoked with him, great bloke and played some great games, people are knocking him but I really think at times next year we will wish he stayed.
Well done doggies, treat chugga well !

Like most Carlton supporters, I am a big fan of Kennedy and sad to see him go but understanding of his want to play more midfield minutes. Our midfield was too one-paced when trying to accommodate him, Cripps and Hewett. Disappointed he didn't get one more game to get to 100 Carlton games. All the best to him at the Doggies. Given their midfield, I am surprised that they were the club to get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Matthew Kennedy: To Dogs p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back