Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure Carlton’s has too

We do dumb s**t obviously, and we should point it out, but this attitude of “we’re the shittest, only us would do something this dumb” is just excessively pessimistic.

Btw, when you’re s**t all the stuff you do gets highlighted and analysed and it makes it seem worse than it is (never as bad as it seems), contrast that to Melbourne with some of the Goodwin stuff, and then the May incident, but that’s forgotten about fairly quickly because they’re winning (never as good as it seems).
It may be true, but their list talks and still delivers even though there is beef.
Ours doesn’t really fire at all because they’re all told to be selfless drones.

We do dumb s**t obviously, and we should point it out, but this attitude of “we’re the shittest, only us would do something this dumb” is just excessively pessimistic.

Btw, when you’re s**t all the stuff you do gets highlighted and analysed and it makes it seem worse than it is (never as bad as it seems), contrast that to Melbourne with some of the Goodwin stuff, and then the May incident, but that’s forgotten about fairly quickly because they’re winning (never as good as it seems).

You don’t think the stuff you do contributes to whether you’re shit?

Ok so we are not winning a race to the bottom of "we do the dumbest shit", but we aren't far off it to be honest...

What this club has put it's supporters through over the last 15 years has largely been a disgrace.

You don’t think the stuff you do contributes to whether you’re s**t?
Yeah obviously.

Read what I said, I was responding to a poster that said “only we do this kind of bullshit”, referring to the Nicks/Crouch stuff. We’re not, clubs do it all the time.

I have issues with what the club does, and I don’t think we got to where we are by accident. But as I said, in footy it’s never as good or as bad as it seems. We see this at all clubs all the time.

Fwiw I think burgess' training has had us "under duress". Cos this is our last chance to play a good side not under duress I reckon n this week might've been a bit lighter to see how we'd go. No info, just a suspicion. Who knows but keen to watch us tomoz.

Yeah obviously.

Read what I said, I was responding to a poster that said “only we do this kind of bullshit”, referring to the Nicks/Crouch stuff. We’re not, clubs do it all the time.

I have issues with what the club does, and I don’t think we got to where we are by accident. But as I said, in footy it’s never as good or as bad as it seems. We see this at all clubs all the time.
The only other example I can think of is Buckley/treloar/Stevenson.
Have I missed any?
2/18 clubs, pretty unique.
It would seem the “only we do this bullshit” is not far off is it?

"DNA, Collective effort, Execution, Disappointment, Youngest side in the league, Get Better, Think we need to understand, Purpose, Take-aways, DNA, Group buy in, DNA, Effort improved, We'll take the positives"

:embarrassedv1: :drunk: :sick:

"DNA, Collective effort, Execution, Disappointment, Youngest side in the league, Get Better, Think we need to understand, Purpose, Take-aways, DNA, Group buy in, DNA, Effort improved, We'll take the positives"

:embarrassedv1: :drunk: :sick:
"You're never as bad as you think, but also never as good as you think"

"Things can turn around very quickly"

Fwiw I think burgess' training has had us "under duress". Cos this is our last chance to play a good side not under duress I reckon n this week might've been a bit lighter to see how we'd go. No info, just a suspicion. Who knows but keen to watch us tomoz.

I wrote something similar a week or two ago. I think a number of the younger bodies have struggled to adapt to his program. I think next year we will see big improvement in our fitness across the board

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote something similar a week or two ago. I think a number of the younger bodies have struggled to adapt to his program. I think next year we will see big improvement in our fitness across the board

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Of the younger players who are regulars, who do you think has struggled to adapt?

How else would one show struggling with fitness regime?
Not keeping up with the play, not getting the ball.

But you’re right, it’s hard to qualify, that’s why I asked. I can’t think of too many young regular players who have struggled to support that statement. The main ones are McHenry and Jones but they just suck anyway

Not keeping up with the play, not getting the ball.

But you’re right, it’s hard to qualify, that’s why I asked. I can’t think of too many young regular players who have struggled to support that statement. The main ones are McHenry and Jones but they just suck anyway
Cook maybe another. Complete and utter wasted year for him.

Original post was only our club does BS like this.

I took that to refer to the whole saga of miscommunication playing out either internally or in the media which is pretty common.
I still think we are well within the minority.
For awhile now we’ve had issues with our communication through the media (see fagan, Burton and the camp, Tex, lever, Cameron fiascos)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back