Matthew Whelans' hit on Jimmy Hairbrush

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit bloody rich a Melbourne supporter calling other fans uneducated. I had the pleasure of sitting in the members, and by God,.....

And for the people sitting near Yze-Tragic, how about their bad luck sitting near this tosspot. I'm sure their days were improved all round.

lol that hit did nothing. melbourne are gorn thankgod the overachievers were found out. go bombers! just get it down to dutchy! lol hey tragic dees are ********.

It was a fair hit, I had no problems with it.

I can understand this Yze's pain, 1st to 7th in 5 weeks is always going to be devasting.

On the good side Mt.Buller received a good dumping of snow today which will make skiing conditions perfect for the rest of the weekend.

Sports Capital said:
He must be an MCC member, has no idea what football is, just jumps on the bandwagon when he can.

Just on the MCC - geez it was awesome in there today! All the 'go dees' and 'gee I can just sense that little Davey boy will go for a run soon' calls were soon shut up by the roars of a Bomber victory. They could not leave - they were ALL there to witness their sides downfall. Thank you MCC! Its great to be a member on days like this!

How good was Hirdy, took hits that would have seen most other players go off for the rest of the game, yet he went on to be Captain Courageous. :D

DaveMorro said:
I like the way Yze_Magic is making out he was at the game today.
He hasnt been to a Melbourne game all year, evident by his postings during the games.

Section H, Row SS, seat 7

someone please ban this unfunny, unoriginal 'Yze_Magic-Total Package-Zeke' WANNABE

Yze_Magic said:
a thing of beauty

pity Bombers fans dont know the rules. Apparently its ok for gutless thugs like Solomon to take Nathan Browns head off, but its not ok for Whelan to lay a fair bump on Golden boy?

Some of the comments coming from Bomber fans around me were pure gold. Absolute bunch of sooks, and definitely the worst and most uneducated fans in the league

nose-bleed.gif

mantis said:
How good was Hirdy, took hits that would have seen most other players go off for the rest of the game, yet he went on to be Captain Courageous. :D
These days, it is not at all unusual for players to take a hit like Hird took and play on. Two that immediately spring to mind were Solomon on Brown in the first quarter yesterday and Solomon on Power in the last round of the home and away. In both cases, the players, who are both younger and noticeably slighter than Hird, jumped up straight away and continued to play as if nothing had happened. By contrast, Hird was rendered ineffective for the rest of the quarter and was noticeably absent during the third quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair bump, great hit. It's what finals footy is all about.

But putting yourself in an Essendon perspective, I would have reacted the same way. You see the replay, you know it's fair but it's all about being bias, loud, passionate, intimidating, having crowd influence and any attempt to rattle the opposition and the player in question; this time being Whelan. Not to mention it happened on their golden-boy, skipper and hero in Hird. It would be the equivelant of Buckley for me and other Pie nuts. It's just the whole mob mentality attitude of regardless if it was fair, you put a big hit on our hero and we're not gonna let you get away with that easily you b*stard.

Savvy?

MOJOE said:
Just on the MCC - geez it was awesome in there today! All the 'go dees' and 'gee I can just sense that little Davey boy will go for a run soon' calls were soon shut up by the roars of a Bomber victory. They could not leave - they were ALL there to witness their sides downfall. Thank you MCC! Its great to be a member on days like this!
Where I was sitting, there were more Essendon supporters than Melbourne supporters. There were a lot of non aligned supporters too. There was louder cheering for Essendon during the second quarter and the reverse in the third. The crowd was quiet during the final quarter. Your portrayal of the MCC crowd as mindless Melbourne supporters who got their come uppance in the end is a figment of your imagination. One of the benefits of watching finals in the MCC members section is that the level of barracking is reduced by the numbers there who support neither team and the ridiculous comments which you get at the ordinary home and away matches, when you find yourself among a mob of supporters from the other club, disappears.

NICK THE PIE MAN said:

But putting yourself in an Essendon perspective, I would have reacted the same way. You see the replay, you know it's fair but it's all about being bias, loud, passionate, intimidating, having crowd influence and any attempt to rattle the opposition and the player in question; this time being Whelan. Not to mention it happened on their golden-boy, skipper and hero in Hird. It would be the equivelant of Buckley for me and other Pie nuts. It's just the whole mob mentality attitude of regardless if it was fair, you put a big hit on our hero and we're not gonna let you get away with that easily you b*stard.

Savvy?
well said nick.

nothing in the bump - a good hard hit befitting quality finals footy.

NICK THE PIE MAN said:

Well said.

It was a very fair bump, but I hardly saw this at the time. (Note, I was pretty drunk too.) I was less than impressed that James Hird had been taken out, and in context - a final no less - I was pretty annoyed at the time. But once I saw the replay, all's fair. For the record, yze_magic, I didn't hear any Essendon supporters mention anything about it. Hits like that just make for good footy.

dogsbody - the crowd was hardly quiet during the last quarter? :confused: And that 'level of barracking' and those 'ridiculous comments' are all a part of what makes the atmosphere in the stands so great in finals - not ruin it! I thought the crowd was awesome yesterday - lots of fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Whelans' hit on Jimmy Hairbrush

Remove this Banner Ad

Back