Matty Knights to depart West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Jimmy Bartel is certainly worth looking at if he’s not already going somewhere else?

Yeah right that's get another Teague! be good to have an experience assistant like him. Geelong did ok when he was there. Old man in Queensland is doing ok isn't he brought them back from the dead.
great coach pedigree knighter

Just seen Jimmy Bartel has stepped down from his role with GWS. This is a guy we should be looking to bring in to our club in some capacity. Knows plenty about winning.
He would have to pull his head out of his arse and drop the smug attitude.

Just seen Jimmy Bartel has stepped down from his role with GWS. This is a guy we should be looking to bring in to our club in some capacity. Knows plenty about winning.
I wonder if Steve Johnson would be tempted to get back into the AFL as an assistant (with a view to getting the senior job if Yze doesn't improve the team)? He coached Yarrawonga to a premiership last year and was assistant at Sydney for a few years.

He knows plenty about winning too.

Yes he’s been great to get them to ten wins as Frankston were at one stage kicked out of the competition in 2017 as they had over a million in debts. I hope they make the eight bc they’ve been cellar dwellers for years. It will be interesting if clubs look at him as he already had a stint at the Suns for two years. He was also a good culture builder at Sandringham so he could be a good vfl coach and we promote Morro.
Thinking 🤔 exactly that TI
very handy love to put him in yellow and black. Fantastic effort to get them in the 8 so far

I wonder if Steve Johnson would be tempted to get back into the AFL as an assistant (with a view to getting the senior job if Yze doesn't improve the team)? He coached Yarrawonga to a premiership last year and was assistant at Sydney for a few years.

He knows plenty about winning too.
Could you get him out of the pub and tab

Knights had Essendon playing entertaining, attacking footy. It was just that they got destroyed defensively. The natives got restless and Hird shafted him.

He was very highly rated at Geelong.

I don't know where he's at, but would probably prove to he a destabilising influence should he come back to Richmond because Yze would probably be made to walk the plank.

If he has ambitions of coaching Richmond he'd be better off applying from afar when the day comes that Yze leaves.

Get rid of Livingstone and get Bartel in as Football Director. Was a massive Tigers supporter before he was drafted.
I didn’t know he was a Tigers supporter, like Hodgee… Now there’s someone worth considering if he ever had coaching aspirations (as an assistant)….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty Knights to depart West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back