Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shortly, the people will be unable to reason or think for themselves. They will only be able to parrot the information they have been given on the previous nights news"
Zbiigniew Brzezinski 1972

I find it depressingly hilarious that the people who quote this—and there's quite a few who have in recent times—are almost always those prone to 'parroting' information they have read on their .alt blog du jour, as if they are the only one's who are clued in.

Have i got this correct ?
Warren responds to a direct question on a 5AA footy show, you don't like his reply because
(1) he shouldn't give his non footy opinions on a footy show even if asked and
(2) his opinion does not fit with your assumed educated opinion, that you acquired from where, the main stream media, various bureaucrats and various medical practitioners and academics who are paid by the bureaucrats.
To the great man of Port Adelaide, you disparage him as being " medically uneducated " without knowing the amount of research he performed and the difficulty he most likely had in obtaining
additional information. Its censorship at its purest, and those who control the media and big tech are doing an excellent job in making sure only one narrative exists in a positive light.
That's your narrative, sunshine. Doesn't mean its the only one but you'll never know.

I'm utterly astounded that Port supporters are now attacking Port Adelaide greats because of a personal view they have on what is injected into their body.
Their body. Their choice. STFU.
True but if he chooses to not be vaccinated and gets Covid then medical professionals are within their rights to refuse a ventilator if it is a choice between him and a fully vaccinated individual who may need it. This is the reality that is currently happening in countries who are fully open and it is a continual conversation that is being had within the medical community here in Australia. Sadly, this is what the future is going to look like. Yes, we have to live with this virus without lockdown’s, but individuals choices not to vaccinate without a significant reason may essentially put themselves at the back of the line for a ventilator. If you are happy to take that risk well good on you.

Last edited:

Warren responds to a direct question on a 5AA footy show, you don't like his reply because
(2) his opinion does not fit with your assumed educated opinion, that you acquired from where, the main stream media, various bureaucrats and various medical practitioners and academics who are paid by the bureaucrats.
To the great man of Port Adelaide, you disparage him as being " medically uneducated " without knowing the amount of research he performed and the difficulty he most likely had in obtaining
additional information. Its censorship at its purest, and those who control the media and big tech are doing an excellent job in making sure only one narrative exists in a positive light.
That's your narrative, sunshine. Doesn't mean its the only one but you'll never know.

I'm utterly astounded that Port supporters are now attacking Port Adelaide greats because of a personal view they have on what is injected into their body.

there was also the shit on twitter where he was liking clive palmer and craig kelly nonsense.

True but if he chooses to not be vaccinated and gets Covid then medical professionals are within their rights to refuse a ventilator if it is a choice between him and a fully vaccinated individual who may need it. This is the reality that is currently happening in countries who are fully open and it is a continual conversation that is being had within the medical community here in Australia. Sadly, this is what the future is going to look like. Yes, we have to live with this virus without lockdown’s, but individuals choices not to vaccinate without a significant reason may essentially put themselves at the back of the line for a ventilator. If you are happy to take that risk well good on you.
Logical and measured response.
Agree with this.

There are many many equivalent situations in life to which this could be applied, with massive outrage if your guiding rules on priorities apply. But not for this thread.

There are many many equivalent situations in life to which this could be applied, with massive outrage if your guiding rules on priorities apply. But not for this thread.
There are zero equivalents to the current Covid crisis.
Zero.

You can draw a long bow at other things like smoking etc., but they aren’t equivalent.

I find it depressingly hilarious that the people who quote this—and there's quite a few who have in recent times—are almost always those prone to 'parroting' information they have read on their .alt blog du jour, as if they are the only one's who are clued in.
Both sides are so similar. Yet, both deny this with such a strong passion… I never know whether I should laugh, cry, or do both simultaneously!

It's not actually "refusal" if someone else needs the device at pretty much exactly the same time and is assessed more likely to survive because factor X.

Once you're hooked up and hogging it though, that's a different ethical situation. I don't believe there's any pulling the machine out before you've finished your gasping one way or the other, at least not here. No matter how innocent or culpable the patient's behaviour has been or which poor sod is queued up behind.

Not separating the genuine "vaxxes don't work" or the "dangerously allergic to vaxx" from the "too stupid to vaxx" here, and I don't think our docs can, unless it's the less likely case of choosing between two patients in those three categories, even then surely it has to be on chance of survival?

No lawyer but if I knowingly drove around for months with bald tyres and worn brakes in the teeth of a government campaign mandating inspections and offering to replace these "hazards to everyone" for free, to protect myself and others on the roads... if I wasn't allowed to work because my car failed said inspections because I was indignant about "unwarranted Government intrusion" into my mechanicals that might escalate ("thin edge of the wedge")... and then caused an accident hurting both myself and someone else within an inch of our lives and, let's say, indirectly killing someone else again elsewhere because an ambulance was occupied because of my bloody petulant libertarian fantasy, fair enough one possible count of manslaughter but there's a second one there too of some other degree. Don't know that the ambos get much of a choice on which incident they attend and which patient they get to first. Hopefully not the dickhead driver, but I'm no medico either thankfully :/

How much damage have we done to our marketing ability this year? The media are all about a compelling narrative. Look at Melbourne. You would have been forgiven for thinking the Bulldogs had dropped off the face of the earth last week. The media was all about the "fairytale". I feel like leading into the prelim, after that performance against Geelong we just started to get back some of the media market share. Footy shows were just starting to talk about us with a level of respect that had been absent since last year's prelim. How can the media possibly build any sort of narrative around us? What do you do, year in year out when the "hero" doesn't slay the dragon but sh*ts his pants and turns tail in the last act. At this point, the story's the media can work with are "chokers" or "flat track bullys" (we're not even that great at that... we don't really flog teams). It's very frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well we never play well when we aren't the underdog. i started to feel creeping doubt before our prelim because the dogs had all the narratives against them and it was all too cushy for us, that never goes well for us. it's probably best for us to cop shit from every direction and be called chokers because that's the kind of drive we need to get to the next level.

well we never play well when we aren't the underdog. i started to feel creeping doubt before our prelim because the dogs had all the narratives against them and it was all too cushy for us, that never goes well for us. it's probably best for us to cop sh*t from every direction and be called chokers because that's the kind of drive we need to get to the next level.
The most important thing we need to take us to the next level is a new coach - until that happens, I can't see 2022 being anything other than groundhog day yet again.

When I cut my hand off with a circular saw I think I will go to the guy or girl with the 6 years of training and not worry about main stream media about my mono-hand status or ask Tredders his opinion on corrective surgery. As long as I don't get asked on a sports show for my opinion on the trade situation he can leave any medical opinions he has, out of mass media.

Just in case you missed it all over the ambassadorial media this morning

Former Crow Bryce Gibbs won the Magarey last night

tied with James Tsitas
First player on the Camry Crows' payroll to win a Magarey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back