Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember when they insisted on confusing our 2012 rookie-listed 17 year old Sam Russell with grizzled Carlton delistee Jordan Russell?

If anything this is some long overdue improvement.

Now that is carrying a grudge! :D

The Grudge Horror GIF by Arrow Video

Now that is carrying a grudge! :D

The Grudge Horror GIF by Arrow Video
Jaxson Barham stole Hamish Hartlett's rightful Rising Star nomination in Round 4 2008 and I'm gonna die mad about it.

Jaxson Barham stole Hamish Hartlett's rightful Rising Star nomination in Round 4 2008 and I'm gonna die mad about it.

Not as mad as Jaxson Barham is with being Jaxson Barham.

The boomers have turned to Triple MMM. People choosing to listen to Ricciuto and Dittmar. Heaven help us.

In an extraordinary penultimate survey of the year, Triple M has cemented its position as the new giant of Adelaide radio, turning a slim lead into a shellacking of all rivals.

The station’s breakfast team of Mark Ricciuto, Chris Dittmar and Laura O’Callaghan drove the performance, increasing their share by a stunning 4.7 percentage points. This takes Triple M’s share of breakfast listeners to 16.9 per cent – a figure not seen since ABC Radio Adelaide’s now long-ago dominance in the shift.

Triple M’s showing was powered by older demographics: it put on huge share in the 55-64 age group to take the lead for these listeners and also had a strong showing in people aged over 65 – not a traditional area of strength for the station. It is the clear leader among people aged 40-54, and also performs solidly with younger age groups.

Adelaide radio ratings

40-54 age range are gen X now

But it also has a huge share of 55-64 and is even stealing AA's listeners. I don't know what they're called, Gen Nursing Home?

But it also has a huge share of 55-64 and is even stealing AA's listeners. I don't know what they're called, Gen Nursing Home?

I'm 55 and I'm Gen X.

There's a small batch called Generation Jones who are sandwiched between Boomers and X but they mostly get lumped in with either depending on what someone is trying to present.

If your listening to the radio your old i don't care what station

Yeah, between podcasts and spotify in general there’s no excuse for a Bluetooth-capable car to be broadcasting ‘morning/drivetime crew’ chatter.

It’s actually jarring to have the misfortune to hear: ‘Carrie Bickmore/Chrissy Swan/generic d-grade comedy guy actually gets paid for this?’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wondered how many on here would go back that far 😂, many moons ago, but they were genuinely funny, clever, witty humour, not like the dross that you hear these days.
The Morning Zoo. Thank God it's Friiiday! James Brown: I feel Good! Party town by The Eagles. Yeah I remember. SAFM was the start of the whole Austero network if I'm not mistaken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back