Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I can almost accept that anyone good enough to get on an AFL list could be described as a "star" - certainly in comparison to parkland footy players - but the term "legend" has now reached peak wtf with this effort. At least they stopped at "premiership winning hero" for Scott Lycett...

Unfortunately these types of descriptions are just more over the top Americanisms, they have been around for decades and have become continually over used.

Way back in the black and white tv days Adelaide DJ Bob Francis had a pocksy little interview type show on C7 that thankfully didn't survive for long, and where the intro was a booming voice over with `and here is the STAR of our show Big Bob Francis!' o_O

In no universe could Francis have been a `STAR,' and as for the big bit, he was a fat campaigner who would have been no than about 5' 10'' standing on the telephone directory.

I can almost accept that anyone good enough to get on an AFL list could be described as a "star" - certainly in comparison to parkland footy players - but the term "legend" has now reached peak wtf with this effort. At least they stopped at "premiership winning hero" for Scott Lycett...

did you miss the hall of fame ceremony where gaff was elevated to LEGEND status despite still playing and being most remembered for coward punching a teenager and getting bashed by tom jonas?

What next, Elspeth on the boundary line?

West Coast supporter becomes a Camry Crows supporter when he relocated to Adelaide as he saw that as the best way to get ahead in Souf Ostrayia. Don't be surprised to see him professing his love for Collingwood in no time.

Lol James Borlase, hardly a veteran, he's the sort of player who the rookie list was intended for.

Lol James Borlase, hardly a veteran, he's the sort of player who the rookie list was intended for.

Drop the AFL players minimum salary and have the Rookie list as just those that are currently Cat B rookies. Set a minimum list number, but otherwise let clubs decide if they want 38 players on the main list, or pay some less and run 40, 42 or more.

WTF? They do realise the Sherrin footy is used in SA every weekend. Nothing exists until it is discovered by the sanfl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Will Goodings just read out a Bandit wielding machete has terrorised patrons at a local pub.

Do you think the autocue was deliberately wrong?

Lol listened to a few minutes of AA this morning

KG banging on about how the crows should get a good fixture because they deserve it.

A caller talking about crows recruiting talls, KG starts prattling on about Hinge, Gra Gra points out he's not a tall, KG says I know that I was just thinking about how he improved.

Also neither of them had any idea that Port have no junior teams in the sanfl comp.

It is pure vaudeville.

KG banging on about how the crows should get a good fixture because they deserve it.

A caller talking about crows recruiting talls, KG starts prattling on about Hinge, Gra Gra points out he's not a tall, KG says I know that I was just thinking about how he improved.

Also neither of them had any idea that Port have no junior teams in the sanfl comp.

It is pure vaudeville.
Seriously they are ****ing embarrassing, some clown calls up and asks what Port are going to do with their junior sides and their answer is don’t know that’s a good question!
Have they both been living under a rock for the last 10 years.

It is pure vaudeville.
I am shocked. It is not like KG and Grandpa Cornes to be so ignorant when it come to Port.

WTF? They do realise the Sherrin footy is used in SA every weekend. Nothing exists until it is discovered by the sanfl.

To be fair - that footy is clearly an undersized, synthetic replica of the real thing.

So full points for self awareness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back