Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Because GWS v Brisbane will really inspire the Victorian public. Might get 15 ex Sydney residents and the last 30-odd surviving Fitzroy supporters at the game

[NOTE: Read this ignoring the request for Finals at the MCG every week.]

This is as true as sad as ridiculous.

There won’t be that many people at the ground because, unfortunately, both teams (specially the home one) don’t have a big die-hard supporting base.

Yet, it should still inspire people who likes football, because it has everything to be a great game. It should be treated just as a StK-North SF would.

Last edited:
The "football media" have to one of the laziest, complicit, toothless and boring media establishments to ever exist. They have the collective memory of a goldfish. A behind the scenes, tell all history of our performances in finals under Ken Hinkley would make unbelievable reading / viewing. If course history is written by the 'winner', but somebody should be making notes on some of the crazy decisions that have been made over the years from selection, injury reports, coaching extensions, assistant coaching appointments, coaching instructions etc. etc. I find Australian Rules Football clubs are insanely opaque. You really only hear about any of this stuff for those that win and when it all works. I would be glued to a Ken Burns style, blow by blow, behind the scenes oral history of everything.

Even hearing Kane talk about 2007. What was the message going in? How banged up were we? How exactly did we shit the bed so badly? How did we address it? Who is accountable? What did we do throughout the game? What was the message at 1/4 time, 1/2 time etc?

Our "journos" shit themselves because thin skinned couches bite their head off over a routine question about whether a player is injured or not. What about "how is it you have no idea what happened last Thursday night?"

Lol this isn't satire

It was obvious that someone would bring this up. As soon as it was known that there would be only three Finals at the MCG, we knew Victorians were in pain.

Take It Back Fran Healy GIF by Travis

It's interesting... Go and listen to all the media coverage about us this finals series and I challenge you to find any talk about us aside from maybe Burgoyne and Butters, that isn't centered on Hinkley. If you listen to the talk about this weeks game it's all about various players from Sydney and what Ken will do. Our players are being insanely disrespected. I get the notion that if we blame Ken for losses, we need to credit him with the wins... Fair enough... But in general The Media didn't blame Ken for the loss against Geelong. Any questioning was done vicariously through the supporters and the club. The media talk was all very sympathetic to Ken and talked about a loss like it might be a lynching, not the final straw in a large stack.

The "football media" have to one of the laziest, complicit, toothless and boring media establishments to ever exist. They have the collective memory of a goldfish. A behind the scenes, tell all history of our performances in finals under Ken Hinkley would make unbelievable reading / viewing. If course history is written by the 'winner', but somebody should be making notes on some of the crazy decisions that have been made over the years from selection, injury reports, coaching extensions, assistant coaching appointments, coaching instructions etc. etc. I find Australian Rules Football clubs are insanely opaque. You really only hear about any of this stuff for those that win and when it all works. I would be glued to a Ken Burns style, blow by blow, behind the scenes oral history of everything.

Even hearing Kane talk about 2007. What was the message going in? How banged up were we? How exactly did we shit the bed so badly? How did we address it? Who is accountable? What did we do throughout the game? What was the message at 1/4 time, 1/2 time etc?

Our "journos" shit themselves because thin skinned couches bite their head off over a routine question about whether a player is injured or not. What about "how is it you have no idea what happened last Thursday night?"
ESPN 30-for-30. Gold standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These numbers make the QF even more damning...
I reckon we put the queue in the rack in the last quarter, maybe before 3/4 time break and many players saved themselves for the SF. The game was such an outlier post the Brisbane game, where our pressure was our weapon and won 8 out of 9 games between those 2 terrible losses.

Against Sydney you will know in the first 5 minutes if we are going to make a game of it

No point looking back on this anymore. We earned the double chance and used it effectively. Now it boils down to desire and who wants it more.

The effectiveness of it will be measured on Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back