News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We better not get sucked into paying oscar more than a million a year if the east coast clubs want to pay him heaps at least we will get the 2nd pick this year as well.
Imagine having such a misunderstanding of the basics of contracting, list management and Free Agency. You’ve consistently proven this over time, but this statement takes the cake.

Two things I’d like to see happen purely for the media meltdown they’d generate both here and over east :

• Simpson to be retained as senior coach and not sacked which the media are cheerleading for and
• Reid to be taken with the No.1 pick by WCE despite significant, but not compelling, trade offers for it

It would be glorious

And for the (unlikely) cherry on top - ROB to weave some magic and draft Curtin as well after he slides outside the top 5 due to unprovable flight risk rumours
Cherry on top is when they present him with his guernsey

MON-FLKF_YN_AFL22_01_mockup_1-510x510.jpg

Wonder if the executives at 7 had a word with BT before last night's game about his continuing cheerleading for Collingwood.
He didn't seem as bad last night but that may only have been because they lost.

Wonder if the executives at 7 had a word with BT before last night's game about his continuing cheerleading for Collingwood.
He didn't seem as bad last night but that may only have been because they lost.

He wasn’t particularly enthusiastic when Brisbane were kicking goals. It was pathetic really.

I get it. He wants his team to win. But show some professionalism by not commentating on their games.

This is why we must take Harley, stop this billshet draft tampering by media. We need to make a stand not just for ourselves but all non Vic teams. I can't believe the AFL just let it happen. Weak as piss organisation.
Speculation is the lifeblood of many things in life - these days even more so.

Why would the Eagles lock in a position until they know what is on offer ? 2 picks in the top 10 makes sense to me IF its on offer.

Haha that always pisses me off how badly he butchered that last goal, I always prefer listening to all the radio versions
tf you mean? "Sheed from the boundary - needs to be inch perfect, he is! He's got the most impossible goal" is iconic and plays in my head regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha that always pisses me off how badly he butchered that last goal, I always prefer listening to all the radio versions

Were we listening to the same BT?

"Sheed from the boundary - needs to be inch perfect, he is! He's got the most impossible goal"
This.

That was a classic.

Reflects the incompetence or rather sloppiness running through the organisation.

Was Chessers fault, he was at home and had to bolt to the venue for photos as he didn't think he was going in round 1 of the draft.

Was given a selection of jumpers when he got there, and chose that one.

Wasn't enough time to change it.

He talked about it on the Eagles pod with Oscar Allen

Yeah never rated the BT call. The strength of the moment has made it iconic, but it's a bit of a butchering of the english language. Sheed didn't get a goal. He KICKED a flipping goal.

Yeh, thought that was really poor.
I don't recall another GF where the camera went straight to the losing side's box at the final siren.
Felt a bit ripped off about that.

Yeah pretty shit performance by channel 7, how about when every time Collingwood scored they showed Eddie and every time we scored they showed Julia bishop like they were the only people in the stadium, not gonna lie tho the part they show Eddie grimincing with about 30seconds to go was brilliant😂

The BT stuff didn't bother me. Bruce completely botching the call on the final siren was so much worse.

"They've got a new stadium and a new cup and the Eagles has landed." In his little growl. Makes me want to spew.

Bt was surprisingly decent on that night. Bruce was quite overrated imo and I think he only worked when dennis was around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back